Circana Hardware Sales for 2022 PS5-5660k NSW-5830k XBS-4480k

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I assume this is US only? Xbox numbers being that “high” says to me that they do in fact have a fan base that will buy one no matter how poor the software out put is. I think it’s worth noting that around the time series S consoles reached the 20 million mark sales have collapsed. I do think their could be an around a 20 million built in fanase for Xbox, which is about how much the original did.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This was leaked in June Circana… we had data until September and Aqua leaked the October, November and December numbers.

I’m more interested in 2023 but seems like the leakers are waiting 6 or more months to leak them :(

Reactions: On Demand

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
If you look at the predictions for 2022, Install Base actually though PS5 would be third place with Xbox selling more and PS5 being down YOY. This is how biased they are in their small bubble where Xbox and Nintendo dominates everything.

2021 was peak year for PS5 and they would sell 800k less in 2022 😆
Nintendo did dominate in profits

In the first half of 2023
Nintendo - $2.05 billion
SIE - $652 million

Last three FY profits
Nintendo - $14.92 billion
SIE - $8.03 billion

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Nintendo did dominate in profits

In the first half of 2023
Nintendo - $2.05 billion
SIE - $652 million

Last three FY profits
Nintendo - $14.92 billion
SIE - $8.03 billion
Aren’t PS profits down in part because they’re financing the Bungie acquisition? I wonder how much they’ve paid so far.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
installbase still living through the glory days of the PS5 shortage since switch has been getting curb stomped this year.

• fire
Reactions: Hezekiah

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Aren’t PS profits down in part because they’re financing the Bungie acquisition? I wonder how much they’ve paid so far.
They also had to invest in the R&D and launch of the PSVR2 and that costs a fortune. PS5 is cutting edge technology while Nintendo uses cheap tablet parts and old mobile chips so yes Nintendo makes more profit than Sony in the end. Good for them but irrelevant.

Microsoft also makes more profit than both of them combined so who's the real dom here? Sugarbetik will let us know.

International Cat Day Cats GIF by MOODMAN

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Hezekiah

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
If you look at the predictions for 2022, Install Base actually though PS5 would be third place with Xbox selling more and PS5 being down YOY. This is how biased they are in their small bubble where Xbox and Nintendo dominates everything.

2021 was peak year for PS5 and they would sell 800k less in 2022 😆
That's why Install Base is a joke! Many of them seem to have some strong anti Sony bias while claiming to be rational

Even if Redfall, Starfield, and Forza had come out last year, that wouldn't have been enough to beat out Ragnarok, HFW, and GT7 sales production.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
This was leaked in June Circana… we had data until September and Aqua leaked the October, November and December numbers.

I’m more interested in 2023 but seems like the leakers are waiting 6 or more months to leak them :(

Yeah I just realized these numbers aren’t really new.

2023 numbers would be better to see a fully stocked PS5 sales.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Uh... lol what? What exactly from that post is me making fun of Playstation?? I'm making fun of the fact that Xbox has sold a lot of consoles despite having no games.
"Hahaha they did well despite disadvantages! Hahahaha"

With this and the Playstation exclusive template post, it's clear who you are.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
"Hahaha they did well despite disadvantages! Hahahaha"

With this and the Playstation exclusive template post, it's clear who you are.

Amazing. Around here saying MS did well for not releasing any games = Sony did poorly. :rolleyes:

Please leave me alone. If you disagree, then move on with your life.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Because it’s the same kind of talk that always happens trying to make Xbox look like it’s doing just fine when it clearly isn’t.

The U.S. is MS largest market and PS5 beat them last year even with massive shortages.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
As they should. It's unbelievable to me how you go an entire year and a half without any major first party game releases... especially after you bought a bunch of studios.

I think Xbox had an actual chance to compete... if they hadn't fucked up Halo's launch, and had actually started delivering games regularly. But they've dropped the ball every time.

You, Xbox fandom claimed that Xbox doesn’t need exclusives, but Gamepass is enough to push Xbox sales.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Amazing. Around here saying MS did well for not releasing any games = Sony did poorly. :rolleyes:

Please leave me alone. If you disagree, then move on with your life.
I didn't say Sony did poorly nor that you said that. I was highlighting your aggressive propping up of Xbox with a direct comparison to PlayStation. That'd be your attempt to make Xbox seem more competitive or PlayStation less without the context of crippling console shortages, not mine.
How has Xbox managed to sell 4.5M consoles to Playstation's 5.85M... with no games for 3 years 😂
So no, I won't leave you alone to troll in peace.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I didn't say Sony did poorly nor that you said that. I was highlighting your aggressive propping up of Xbox with a direct comparison to PlayStation. That'd be your attempt to make Xbox seem more competitive or PlayStation less without the context of crippling console shortages, not mine.

So no, I won't leave you alone to troll in peace.
"Aggressive propping up of Xbox"..... are you listening to yourself?! :ROFLMAO:

Saying Xbox did well for not having released any games.... and failing to put the PS numbers into sufficient context for this forum... I guess that was truly aggressive of me wasn't it.... I beg forgiveness. :rolleyes:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Me"Aggressive propping up of Xbox"..... are you listening to yourself?! :ROFLMAO:

Saying Xbox did well for not having released any games.... and failing to put the PS numbers into sufficient context for this forum... I guess that was truly aggressive of me wasn't it.... I beg forgiveness. :rolleyes:
Mercy is for the weak. This forum isn't the problem. You are.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Welfare couldn't cope so he came up with the shortage theory
That was not his own estimate. His own estimate put Xbox even higher, the PS5 a little higher but still third and below 2021/Xbox.

[NSW] 6300K
[XBS] 5050K
[PS5] 4940K

It's all wishful thinking. They were so sure the unprecedented manufactured FUD about the PS5 was successful. Xbox would start dominating and Sony would lose marketshare.

Reactions: JAHGamer

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Inappropriate behavior
"Aggressive propping up of Xbox"..... are you listening to yourself?! :ROFLMAO:

Why this pos Is still acting like every one on this forum doesnt know the miserable damaging control green rat he is? Its puzzling at léast be honest, mongrel