[Circana] June 2023 NPD, PS5 Top selling in both Unit and Dollar sales, Highest hardware sales since 2010, Diablo IV #1, FF XVI #2, SF 6 #3

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
There was a point even up until last year where you couldn’t even discuss TLOU online because everyone swore the brand was ‘poisoned’ by Neil Cuckman destroying it with part 2. People even downplaying the sales of the series at one point.

Now you’d be hard pressed to deny its still one of the biggest IP sony have and that the next game in the franchise isn’t going to sell gangbusters once again. The show essentially rehabilitated TLOU’s reputation.

Once you take the conversation out of a loud minority of disgruntled gamer and console warriors hands, and inject a huge casual install base into it, you win. Thats why pokemon can do whatever they want, have gamers complain a bout the Pokédex or graphics, whatever and it still sells 12 million copies.
Let's see how season 2 goes over with the casual audience first lol.

And TLOU2 is literally in my top 10 faves Playstation games ever, so let get that out there.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
For not showing games that aren't anywhere near release window? why do we need to see 2024 and 2025 games now when this year is stacked?
Then they shouldn't have made it into a showcase and hyped it up. Just let it be a state of Play. Then he comes on Twitter all proud of the mediocre showing

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
That's Hermen's fault.
People here got mad that some of us didn't like waiting 2 years just to be served Marathon, Fairgame$ and Concord.

People have anxiety and clear tunnel vision when sony doesn’t just talk about big single player games
For about 2 years.

We got Wolverine and Spider-man 2 announced in September 2021, those were the last single player games developed internally that were announced.

PlayStation was NEVER like this before 2019, all this limpness started with Jim Ryan.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
What's hilarious about all of you mentioning me and shortages is that Series X was selling out consistently before June lmao. I was right.

Whatever it sells from June on is whatever and not what I argued for months.

Find another narrative.
Welfare brain working at 200% capacity right now trying to figure out what question he can ask Matt Piscatella to make the PS5 look bad.
I'm the one that was asking him if PS5 was setting records back in February March and April, and asked him if PS5 saw triple digit growth in May when no one else thought to do that so pipe down, I don't do that.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
For not showing games that aren't anywhere near release window? why do we need to see 2024 and 2025 games now when this year is stacked?
this year and next year are the opposite of stacked on the first party front. jim ryan is lucky insomniac produce games like workhorses cuz the rest of playstation studios have been M.I.A this gen.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I'm the one that was asking him if PS5 was setting records back in February March and April, and asked him if PS5 saw triple digit growth in May when no one else thought to do that so pipe down, I don't do that.
Well, since you don't know the answer you could've just asked hoping for the answer to be negative. But I in fact appreciate that you got us extra positive PS5 related news.

this year and next year are the opposite of stacked on the first party front. jim ryan is lucky insomniac produce games like workhorses cuz the rest of playstation studios have been M.I.A this gen.
If he at least had been the one to set up the Insomniac deal but he wasn't, pretty much nothing short of PC ports and GaaS investments have come from Jim Ryan.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

Rise of The Ronin, Concord, Stellar Blade, are already confirmed, then you have Rebirth. Thats just what we know of so far so no 2024 is not the opposite of stacked it seems about normal for Playstation.

If they have at leat one more big game, which they will, its a perfectly stacked year

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Rise of The Ronin, Concord, Stellar Blade, are already confirmed, then you have Rebirth. Thats just what we know of so far so no 2024 is not the opposite of stacked it seems about normal for Playstation.

If they have at leat one more big game, which they will, its a perfectly stacked year
Rise of The Ronin, Concord and Stellar Blade. I bet you would be saying that is a terrible lineup if Xbox was the one that had this lineup.

FFVII Rebirth is not a first party game in any way, Sony just money hated it.

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
But the Starfield Direct and Sony's weak showcase was supposed to bring the momentum back to Xbox.

"Xbox is back!" they said 😂

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
FFVII Rebirth is not a first party game in any way, Sony just money hated it.

You would have hated the first 3 playstation consoles then

And when was the last time Xbox had two AAA action games releasing in one year? No, i wouldn’t say that was a weak line up for xbox. If anything those games would be propped up way higher if they were xbox exclusives.

I’ll take stellar blade over Hellblade any day.

And again, I still believe sony have a big first party game unannounced for next year. We’ll see in September

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
He sounds annoyed that people are insisting that FFXVI is a failure. He should really avoid InstallBase and Resetera.
He knows what he has to say won't look good compared with previous FFs.

If you look at the Yearly chart FFXVI is below Dead Island 2 that reached 2 million shipment worldwide in May 24.