[Circana] June 2023 NPD, PS5 Top selling in both Unit and Dollar sales, Highest hardware sales since 2010, Diablo IV #1, FF XVI #2, SF 6 #3

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
He knows what he has to say won't look good compared with previous FFs.

If you look at the Yearly chart FFXVI is below Dead Island 2 that reached 2 million shipment worldwide in May 24.
And FFXVI reached more than that in less than a week. So?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What's hilarious about all of you mentioning me and shortages is that Series X was selling out consistently before June lmao. I was right.

Whatever it sells from June on is whatever and not what I argued for months.

Find another narrative.
The funny thing is that now that incontrovertible evidence has shown that the xbox series isn't selling despite phil spencer assuring us that series x stock is fixed, you're tripling down on your narrative.

Everyone else knew that the xbox wasn't selling not because it was such a hot ticket item, it wasn't selling because no one wanted one and microsoft wasnt going to be able to stuff the channels after retailers were overstocked with series s throughout all of 2022. Chip shortages ended early 2022. The narrative that somehow microsoft couldn't secure enough supply to meet demand was pure fiction, one that you should have been able to quickly see if you weren't blinded by your own biases. And yet when it was pointed out you just kept throwing out meaningless metrics like "it was sold out a couple times on amazon".

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
The funny thing is that now that incontrovertible evidence has shown that the xbox series isn't selling despite phil spencer assuring us that series x stock is fixed, you're tripling down on your narrative.

Everyone else knew that the xbox wasn't selling not because it was such a hot ticket item, it wasn't selling because no one wanted one and microsoft wasnt going to be able to stuff the channels after retailers were overstocked with series s throughout all of 2022. Chip shortages ended early 2022. The narrative that somehow microsoft couldn't secure enough supply to meet demand was pure fiction, one that you should have been able to quickly see if you weren't blinded by your own biases. And yet when it was pointed out you just kept throwing out meaningless metrics like "it was sold out a couple times on amazon".
Nothing in this post refutes the piles of evidence of the Series X being in hard to find at every major retailer in the US before June 2023.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Nothing in this post refutes the piles of evidence of the Series X being in hard to find at every major retailer in the US before June 2023.
Except, you know, all the evidence people posted here with links to sites, showing these consoles being readily available at various point in times, as well as people online doing the same. The only narrative that they had supply issues comes from MS and those looking to make them look good. Surface level research is enough to disprove anything they posted. And now we have the latest data and nothing has changed and that's prior to one of their biggest software releases in years.

My man, you put some effort into these posts and keep coming back even if you get bashed. But there's nothing wrong with admitting you're wrong.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It is interesting that when sony announced that they fixed the stock issues sales jumped like 300% everywhere.

Doesn’t seem to be the case with Microsoft doing the same early in June. Seems like had there been a huge pent up demand because of low stock we would have seen sales equally explode in June, at least enough to out revenue the switch.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
This will make fanboys really butthurt:

"Phil fucked up"

clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
My guy, FF outsold that in one week.
I think you are missing it...

FF is suppose to outsold it in one week by a huge margin... the point here is that FFXVI NPD debut sales are not good and way below previous entries.
2 million worldwide for Dead Island means at best around 1 million in US.
1 million in US for FF is a big drop compared with previous games.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
And FFXVI reached more than that in less than a week. So?
The numbers are low for FF.
That transalte for maybe the best case with FFXVI at 1 million in US in June that is really very low compared with prevous FFs.

For these interested...

FFXII NPD debut: 896K million physical only (no digital option)
FFXIII NPD debut: 1.326 Million physical only
FFXV NPD debut: ~1.575 million physical only
FFXVI NPD debut: ~1 million (?) physical + digital

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I think you are missing it...

FF is suppose to outsold it in one week by a huge margin... the point here is that FFXVI NPD debut sales are not good and way below previous entries.
2 million worldwide for Dead Island means at best around 1 million in US.
1 million in US for FF is a big drop compared with previous games.
You have no way to know that. We don't know what Square were expecting.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You have no way to know that. We don't know what Square were expecting.
That has nothing to do whtat what I said.
Square expecting something is different of it doing less than previous FFs.
And to be fair I don't believe one second Square Enix expected that drop... they will say in PR that it was fine but no company will be fine with that.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
That has nothing to do whtat what I said.
Square expecting something is different of it doing less than previous FFs.
It does.
You said it was "supposed" to sell more.
You have no way to know that, it's that simple.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It does.
You said it was "supposed" to sell more.
You have no way to know that, it's that simple.
Do you mean FF is not suppose to sell more than Dead Island? Are you crazy?

First game reached 5 million after several years.
FF sells that amount in debut month.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
And before people come with the "it is in more platforms":

Final Fantasy XV: ~1,573,000 physical only
PS4: ~1,123,000 (~71%) physical only
XB1: ~450,000 (~29%) physical only

DForce

24 Jun 2022
I thought the Xbox Series S was going to do well, but the signs early on showed us that wasn't going to be the case.

The Xbox Series S console was sitting on store shelves early on and they were discounting the console just to get it in people's hands.

Last month, people were saying the Xbox Series X was out of stock everywhere (which was a lie) and this was due to the Xbox showcase in June.

With the new stock of Xbox Series X, it still wasn't enough to make it to third place. Now you have to wonder what's going to happen when the Switch 2 comes out.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Mat deleted these tweets but somebody got the screens.

He did exactly same thing he say he won't do wiht Street Fighter VI 🔥
With SFVI the comparasion looked good.