Concord characters were designed by committee says the dev

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
It's pretty easy to see what they were going for. They're supposed to be a crew on a ship like in all sci fi shows/movies, you think all characters/crew in shows like Firefly or Star Trek or Cowboy bebop are all alpha male hero main characters? No they have have an assortment of mostly oddball characters with different flaws

• haha
Reactions: Nym and Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
instead of doing the good stuff, the content we console players want from a multiplayer title... they want to appeal to the PC audience, like... imagine an AstroBot Kart game with dozens of diferent bots and every one of them with a themes vehicle, imagine PlayStation Home 2... Killzone, Resistance, a PlayStation Rivals type of game instead of Concord.

You have me with all of that apart from Concord because Im a fan, very different to KZ and Resistance and Id have them back too. New ip, genres and games are fine. But we also need the old ones back

Id stick the Mod Nation racers team on a PS Roster kart game including Astrobot, assisted by Astrobot team.
And yes to Home 2, should of been released with PS5 and also VR2 mode.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's pretty easy to see what they were going for. They're supposed to be a crew on a ship like in all sci fi shows/movies, you think all characters/crew in shows like Firefly or Star Trek or Cowboy bebop are all alpha male hero main characters? No they have have an assortment of mostly oddball characters with different flaws

They should of done a much better job of it though and not had the likes of DEI fans be so involved. As much as I love the game. The concept art wasnt a male so they wouldnt have gone that direction.
I kinda blame upper heads as usual for letting it happen, or forcing it etc

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
BTW this is the actual Emari’s concep art.

i-feel-like-something-was-lost-between-concept-art-and-in-v0-5jq7xedd3old1.jpeg

The other pic instead the armor and weapon seems more like Vale.

I guess they got the armor/weapon colors that become Emari and the girl become Vale.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

I guess they got the armor/weapon colors that become Emari and the girl become Vale.
Yes this the original concept I've seen.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

The one on the right looks fine to me. It might be better in a dark blue and with some insignia, such as a skull and bones, on the front of the chest piece.

The one on the right looks like it came from the original Ghostbusters: Miticilian Man or Stay Puft Man, if anyone can remember that.

ghostbusters_stay-puft-marshmallow_top10films.jpg

61jWT54FM-L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

24 Jun 2022

The small details, color saturation, grading, and materials all look much better in the concept art. There's also better use of color complements in the concept, too.

So even if the other pic was for what'd eventually become a different character, this one here is leagues ahead of the in-game model despite the final look being based closely off it. Art style also plays a role here.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The small details, color saturation, grading, and materials all look much better in the concept art. There's also better use of color complements in the concept, too.

So even if the other pic was for what'd eventually become a different character, this one here is leagues ahead of the in-game model despite the final look being based closely off it. Art style also plays a role here.
Yep, 100%; in some ways, the armour on the left reminds me of those Space Marine ones from Warhammer games.

I don't know the series at all, but some of those armours are amazing. They should of gone in that direction.

And the design on the left just looks more bad arse.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
If the committee was at fault, there would be more issues, like aggressive microtransaction and pay to win. You can't blame them for the designs the art team presented and approved. The art team has to prove this by showing original concept that got canned.
One of them showed? Was nothing like final product.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Please show me pay to win in a console game people actually play. People say this but where do you even see that kind of stuff outside of mobile? I haven’t heard of it being an issue since Naughty Dog charged for weapons in their trash PvP modes.

Do people who spew this kind of shit not realize it telegraphs that they don’t play online games?