Concord: Official Revealed | State of Play

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
From what I've seen in the YouTube comments, people are finding it generic and weak, but honestly, it was expected

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
So if this is a Hero 5v5 shooter then what is Marathon?

Surely they can’t be the same.

Marathon is an extraction shooter ala Tarkov.

This is a hero shooter ala Overwatch or Valorant

Helldivers is a PvE shooter.

Destiny is PvE and PvP.

Fairgames is a heist shooter ala PayDay

Sony is throwing the dice in every genre to see where they can gain traction.

My guess is that Blundell's team will be working on a battle royal shooter.

• brain
Reactions: Muddasar

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The visuals, gameplay, top tier cutscenes, acting, music, world buildging, idea of including a narrative cutscene every week, setting, mechanics variety and mechanics innovation, etc. look great and seems fun and to have a lot of depth.

I'm sure that there will be a ton of people who will love it, specially considering the pedigree it has behind, but isn't a game for me, I'm not a MP FPS guy, even less a hero/arena shooters guy. If doesn't have a meaty single player/coop campaign -apparently is MP only- I'll pass.

And well, regarding character design I think they did a great job with character variety with shapes, colors and types, but as usual recently they spent a lot of effort filling woke tokenism checklists of ugly and unappealing characters to the point that there wasn't space left to make characters appealing for me, the average PlayStation player (white heterosexual European guy).

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
From what I've seen in the YouTube comments, people are finding it generic and weak, but honestly, it was expected

They said the same about Helldivers 2.

That looked more generic than this.

At least both games have great gunplay from what I have seen and that’s what will matter at the end.

Reactions: mibu no ookami

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
If Concord is good then it can definitely fill a void for people that had a very bad taste in their mouth with Overwatch 2.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

At least both games have great gunplay from what I have seen and that’s what will matter at the end.

That's the thing a lot of gamers need to start comprehending.

Not every game is designed for you.

I won't play this game. There is zero percent chance of me playing this.... and guess what... that's okay...

The same is and was true of Helldivers 2.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
If Concord is good then it can definitely fill a void for people that had a very bad taste in their mouth with Overwatch 2.

Exactly, since Valorant isn't on console, it has a window.

Overwatch 2 has massive egg on its face and Apex Legends is in massive decline.

It's not the game for me, but there could certainly be a market for the game.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024

I had the same impression about Helldivers 2, but it wasn't until the gameplay from websites and YouTubers started coming out that I changed my mind

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Terrible, generic, rubbish. The weekly CGI vignette TV show idea? Laughably bad waste of a budget.

Game will be dead by August.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Terrible, generic, rubbish. The weekly CGI vignette TV show idea? Laughably bad waste of a budget.

Game will be dead by August.
I don't agree, fortnite and destiny do something similar except seasonally. It can work. The game itself just doesnt look interesting enough to carry through.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Not surprised by the violent reactions for anything Sony MP-related. They all said the same thing about Helldivers. Dead, generic, trash, PS+ fodder, DOA, Gaas shit and it's now the best-selling game of the year and fastest-selling Sony game ever 🤡
I don't get the hate lmao. Like it genuinely looks good and fun. Beta can't come soon enough

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Not surprised by the violent reactions for anything Sony MP-related. They all said the same thing about Helldivers. Dead, generic, trash, PS+ fodder, DOA, Gaas shit and it's now the best-selling game of the year and fastest-selling Sony game ever 🤡
The problem with the Helldivers trailers was that they didn't show the gameplay off well, when long form gameplay dropped it looked significantly better. This shit doesn't look good at all, or rather they didn't sell it at all. What makes the gameplay good? Once we saw 10+ minute uncut footage of helldivers it immediately showed that there was immense potential for organic gameplay moments. Concord didn't show any of that.

Reactions: BLAZE

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Its a multiplayer game that will do well if the shooting is good and they don't have asinine balance patches, the story snippets every week is interesting and if it does well enough maybe we get PvE story campaign that Overwatch 2 was supposed to have

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
The problem with the Helldivers trailers was that they didn't show the gameplay off well, when long form gameplay dropped it looked significantly better. This shit doesn't look good at all, or rather they didn't sell it at all. What makes the gameplay good? Once we saw 10+ minute uncut footage of helldivers it immediately showed that there was immense potential for organic gameplay moments. Concord didn't show any of that.
I have a bit of confidence in this game, if Sony allowed TLOU Online to be canceled and this game didn't, then it's got something. This kind of game will never convince anyone just by gameplays and trailers, it's necessary for the public to play it and share their opinions (and I hope Bungie makes some kind of partnership with this game, it helps with marketing).

• brain
Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I have a bit of confidence in this game, if Sony allowed TLOU Online to be canceled and this game didn't, then it's got something. This kind of game will never convince anyone just by gameplays and trailers, it's necessary for the public to play it and share their opinions (and I hope Bungie makes some kind of partnership with this game, it helps with marketing).
I guess. Maybe they just need to fire whoever cuts their fps trailers.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I like TF2 but never liked anything on the genre since then, I never understood the appeal of Overwatch and this one looks even less compelling.

The people responsible for the CGI trailer should all be fired and shamed. Why make that? Not a single extra copy of the game will be sold because of that and it takes attention away from the gameplay (that is the only thing that should matter in this type of game).

This is the second CGI for this game and the first one we watched about a spaceship has nothing to do with the actual game, so lame. I would've much rather if this was a space exploration game where we controller the actual ship and crew inside the ship.

There should be a company wide ban of CGI trailers for anything. The promos CGI promos Sony made for games like God of War were always really bad and these days they look worse than the games.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Perfect mix of fantasy and realism. As far as first reveals go with a game like this, I think they did a good job introducing it. Can’t ask for much more on a reveal trailer.

Reactions: Gods&Monsters