Concord: Official Revealed | State of Play

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Characters should be free like Overwatch or Apex & unlock through earning gold or some sort of in game currency to easily unlock new heroes free. Or have some sort of R6 system where you pay for the battlepass & get 1 week early access for new heroes & players who decide to not pay for the battlepass can unlock the new heroe using in game currency after the first week.
It would be nice to have both systems in addition to having a rotating free character.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The pronoun bit could be a sort of Parady, just for one character only, that robot.

I am probably stretching it; let's be honest here; all characters probably have backstories of how they fought the patriarchy, burnt the bra and saved Democracy.
I know you're half-kidding but anyone who seriously believes it's a parody is setting themselves up for disappointment

Reactions: Sircaw

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yeah, I think it will be full-blown, in-your-face kinda preachy stuff.
malcom tucker GIF

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
The frustration is how bad they've just shot themselves in the foot. The game is DOA and it looks like it has good gameplay and good setting which will be undone SBI who must just give the same demands to every company. Fairgame$ has basically the same cast

You'd think these companies would have seen Saints Row flopping and steered well clear of pandering sweet baby inc nonsense

I actually think there's a good looking game under the woke veneer for Concord. But for some reason they decided a shooter needed 3 to 1 ratio of female characters, to have 4 black female characters in and no white characters. In a hero shooter where characters matter and a game with aliens where you can do anything THIS is where you land?

20240601_104552.jpg

Do they not even survey their audience? Understand it is 95% plus male and most of them white?

Did something like Overwatch's diversity really need to be out-woked? Did anyone play that game and thing having Lizzo on the team would improve the game?

images (20) (26).jpeg

Wasn't the idea of representation so people could see themselves in the characters? Are they expecting most of their audience to be black women?

And the irony is they know it. Which is why their big CG trailer features the alien white guy stand in and the closest thing to an attractive woman on the cast

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The frustration is how bad they've just shot themselves in the foot. The game is DOA and it looks like it has good gameplay and good setting which will be undone SBI who must just give the same demands to every company. Fairgame$ has basically the same cast

You'd think these companies would have seen Saints Row flopping and steered well clear of pandering sweet baby inc nonsense

I actually think there's a good looking game under the woke veneer for Concord. But for some reason they decided a shooter needed 3 to 1 ratio of female characters, to have 4 black female characters in and no white characters. In a hero shooter where characters matter and a game with aliens where you can do anything THIS is where you land?

View attachment 5171

Do they not even survey their audience? Understand it is 95% plus male and most of them white?

Did something like Overwatch's diversity really need to be out-woked? Did anyone play that g9ame and thing having Lizzo on the team would improve the game?

View attachment 5172

Wasn't the idea of representation so people could see themselves in the characters? Are they expecting most of their audience to be black women?

And the irony is they know it. Which is why their big CG trailer features the alien white guy stand in and the closest thing to an attractive woman on the cast
They also have an old lady for all my Gs still playing Solitaire on Windows 95 😎

White males will never be in games anymore unless it's an old, existing character. Too much backlash from the devs I guess (but then they get backlash from the public instead)

The guy from the trailer will be the most popular character.

Reactions: Luffy123

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Saw an interesting theory that this game was a full single-player campaign and was changed at the last second to 5vs5 hero shooter. It would explain things.
The Devs are highly experienced in Live Service.

Some of them have been working at companies like Activision/Blizzard/Old-Bungie since 2006.

It was acquired, it was known that it was a PVP FPS, live service title.

The studio was gathered with hugely respected & experienced devs in shooters/live-service.

It was at a time when they were doing the live service push & were partnered with Probably monsters which they acquired FireWalk studios from.

It was never single player.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
PvP extraction shooter (Escape from Tarkov, Hunt: Showdown, Arc Raiders...)
I think I read somewhere Marathon is a PvPvE extraction shooter. Fairgame$ is confirmed to be PvPvE, lots of more gameplay possibilities this way.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
There’s nothing to be excited here not one single idea shown that lights up the imagination it looks like a game made of parts that have proven to be successful elsewhere but nothing to call its own, nothing that makes it unique.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think I read somewhere Marathon is a PvPvE extraction shooter. Fairgame$ is confirmed to be PvPvE, lots of more gameplay possibilities this way.
Maybe, and I'd appreciate it being the case. But well, in the announcement they only mentioned PvP.

There’s nothing to be excited here not one single idea shown that lights up the imagination it looks like a game made of parts that have proven to be successful elsewhere but nothing to call its own, nothing that makes it unique.
Commercial games almost always are made of parts proven somewhere else, specially the ones that need to justify budgets of hundreds of millions of dollars.

Most important decisions are taken or verified and justified with a data driven approach, specially when they have conflicting ideas/pitches in the team for very specific stuff and have to choose one.

Normally the new ideas are mixture of other ones or applying something that works somewhere else in a type of game that didn't have it. In this case, to add narrative to a MP game with weekly cutscenes.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m expecting marathon to pvepvp but it needs a proper reveal. Still mostly under wraps unless tom Henderson reveals something again…

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Have you played it? We literally saw less 3 minutes of gameplay... We haven't seen the modes or most of the mechanics.

Damn, I'm all for criticism but at least ALLOW the developers their fair due. They are allowing a beta, so y'all can wait till then and then judge fairly.

No I am not a dev LOL. But this information you are asking have been available for years.
The game is supposed to come out this year and we only get a few minutes of gameplay (that looked generic AF) and a 10 minute cutscene that seems like it would be for a single player, story driven game and yet it is not. A very risky project for Sony.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Woke is the new way to say N****R, F****T, BITCH (black, queer, woman) without actually having to use those words. It's disgusting and this thread is embarrassing.

Sure pandering exists but it's whatever. It isn't there to harm you.
It's pretty funny when people say "oh i'm not racist, this isn't about racism" then in the next sentence say "but if i see too many black people in the game..."

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It's pretty funny when people say "oh i'm not racist, this isn't about racism" then in the next sentence say "but if i see too many black people in the game..."
They're too pussy to say it with their chest. So they run around accusing everything of being woke, I think it's the biggest brainrot phenomenon of our time tbh. One day, I hope they can see what they've turned the word "woke" into for themselves,. Making everything miserable for everyone in the process.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They're too pussy to say it with their chest. So they run around accusing everything of being woke, I think it's the biggest brainrot phenomenon of our time tbh. One day, I hope they can see what they've turned the word "woke" into for themselves,. Making everything miserable for everyone in the process.
Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Saw an interesting theory that this game was a full single-player campaign and was changed at the last second to 5vs5 hero shooter. It would explain things.
We know it was a MP since the first time we heard about it, the moment they announced the publishing deal back in 2021:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/playstation-signs-aaa-multiplayer-game-from-former-destiny-veterans

And well, they are basically ex-Bungie and ex-other top MP FPS devs. I didn't see them making a SP only game.