Concord Open Beta starts July 18 | Concord’s monetised content will be exclusively cosmetic | Early Previews are out

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

GRF7HxIXIAAEBfd

Firewalk Studios has announced the dates of its upcoming open beta for Concord.

The Concord open beta will run from July 12 until July 14. Open beta early access will be available to those who pre-ordered any edition of Concord on either PS5 or PC.

Concord’s developer Firewalk Studios says the game’s monetisation will exclusively focues on cosmetic items.

Those who pre-ordered will also receive 4 additional codes for the Beta Early Access to share with friends.

“We’re going to launch with our 16 characters, 12 maps, and 6 modes,” Concord’s director of IP Kim Kreines told VGC.

“That’s all included when you buy the game, and seasonally we’re providing new maps, new modes, and new characters, alongside their unfolding story.”

More previews

Last edited:

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Won't be playing this, but it'll be interesting to see how perceptions change if at all from the beta.

Major tipping point for Sony as far as their investments in studios.

Is this studio more Firesprite or more Bungie... we're going to find out in just a few weeks.

First major internal pure GaaS for PlayStation Studios.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Gonna preorder and give this a fair shot. We can't just let the current popular MP titles dominate for even longer imo

• Heart
Reactions: The Icon

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
won't be pre-ordering until I experience the Beta, but will be open to getting a BETA code..just saying for anyone who may see this 😎

Currently watching a gameplay video of it and it doesn't look bad at all, very polished game

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I won't preorder due to woke stuff and not being interested on MP only FPS games. But may play the open beta.

First major internal pure GaaS for PlayStation Studios.
In addition to previous ones like PS Home, LBP or Gran Turismo Sport, remember that Gran Turismo 7, MLB21 and following ones, Helldivers 2 and Destiny 2 also exist (plus Destruction All Stars and Firewalk Ultra).

won't be pre-ordering until I experience the Beta, but will be open to getting a BETA code..just saying for anyone who may see this 😎

Currently watching a gameplay video of it and it doesn't look bad at all, very polished game

Makes sense considering that it's pretty close to release, their staff has a lot of top tier FPS pedigree and Sony bought them.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

I got 3 codes reserved, I’ll hand you the fourth.

• Shake
Reactions: Danja1187

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
In addition to previous ones like PS Home, LBP or Gran Turismo Sport, remember that Gran Turismo 7, MLB21 and following ones, Helldivers 2 and Destiny 2 also exist (plus Destruction All Stars and Firewalk Ultra).

NOPE

Hatefield

I couldn't have been more specific here.

First major internal pure GaaS for PlayStation Studios

PS Home was not a major game. LBP was more a pure GaaS. GT Sport didn't really have much of a GaaS model. MLB The Show is not pure GaaS. Helldivers 2 is not internal. Destiny 2 is not PlayStation Studios. Destruction All Stars and Firewalk Ultra are not internal...

Last edited by a moderator:

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
after watching some of the videos, I actually think it looks alright; the gameplay looks smooth, and the maps look interesting.

I am not into these type of games at all but looks like it might actually find a crowd who likes it

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Again, your english language skills have failed you...

PS Home was not a major game. LBP was more a pure GaaS. GT Sport didn't really have much of a GaaS model. MLB The Show is not pure GaaS. Helldivers 2 is not internal. Destiny 2 is not PlayStation Studios. Destruction All Stars and Firewalk Ultra are not internal...
I didn't have any issue with English, there's no such thing as a "pure" GaaS, the game is a GaaS or not.

PS Home, LBP, GT Sport, GT7, Helldivers 2 and (now under Hermen's 1P game division) Destiny 2 were all GaaS and were all a big (or "major") success.

If we cherrypick to limit to AAA (understanding "major" as their budget/scope) GaaS, and leave Bungie outside (makes sense because uses another lablel and was already released when acquired), and also 2nd party games we could also leave Concord outside the list, because it started as a 2nd party game and later got acquired.

Gran Turismo Sport had periodical events and post launch releases adding more content or features. Many people complained that it was pretty limited in features or content at launch. As an example, the tradional single player content was added several months after launch, and they also added microtransactions. And well, it was heavily focused on online MP.

Last edited:

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
After watching multiple previews I question why this game isn’t F2P. Not saying $40 is the death bed for Concord I just think a sole 5v5 PVP should be F2P & monetize through cosmetics & battlepasses.

The only reason I can see why Concord is $40 is that PS wants PS players to be subscribed to PS+ to play Concord & future live service instead of making certain live service F2P.

My cons from the preview.

Time to kill looks extremely long.

Balancing for weapons dmg, hero healthy & hero movement speed seems wonky & hard to understand. In most hero shooters tanks would have 500 hp while medium heroes had 200/250 hp & light heroes have 150 hp. In concord it seems like heroes can have 140,170,190,200,250,350,500 that’s just to complicated for a casual or even regular decent player to understand & ensure killing someone don’t feel like it’s massively random.

The one sniper character shot a person in the head & took like 25% of the health & the enemy hero seem to be light/medium which resulted in the journalist shooting them down w a secondary that almost took 2 extra magazines

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Ill try this for sure.

Sony studios rarely disappoint me.

Reasons for not pre ordering.

1. PVP only games really arent my type
2. New studio

If I like it Ill buy, especially that it isnt £70

Reactions: Danja1187

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

I think the art style & some hero design aswell as the map design are really good.

The only bad thing is the most or majority of the heroes aren’t breakout hits design wise. Some heroes are questionable & I can see many memes/discussions on twitter. Like there’s one hero that’s a brown guy has long hair & a blue jacket & has a fupa lol like his shirt tucked in & has a big round belly it’s weird & a bad design imo

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Again, your english language skills have failed you...

you know you could have just said, that PS Studios branding started in 2020, which wins your argument lol
Firewall didnt even get any content updates after launch, and destruction all stars had a small roadmap, which doesnt turn it into GASS.
Actually, GT7 is the closests one to being a GAAS, but it's still a somehow annual series.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
After watching multiple previews I question why this game isn’t F2P. Not saying $40 is the death bed for Concord I just think a sole 5v5 PVP should be F2P & monetize through cosmetics & battlepasses.

The only reason I can see why Concord is $40 is that PS wants PS players to be subscribed to PS+ to play Concord & future live service instead of making certain live service F2P.

My cons from the preview.

Time to kill looks extremely long.

Balancing for weapons dmg, hero healthy & hero movement speed seems wonky & hard to understand. In most hero shooters tanks would have 500 hp while medium heroes had 200/250 hp & light heroes have 150 hp. In concord it seems like heroes can have 140,170,190,200,250,350,500 that’s just to complicated for a casual or even regular decent player to understand & ensure killing someone don’t feel like it’s massively random.

The one sniper character shot a person in the head & took like 25% of the health & the enemy hero seem to be light/medium which resulted in the journalist shooting them down w a secondary that almost took 2 extra magazines
Because it allows them some financial safety to get back some of the budget and possibly not an instant death sentence for a studio. When a Free to Play bombs it simply bombs, at least they will have the options down the road to go F2P and can at least reward paid customers with in-game currency or whatever.

Reactions: Neversummer