Concord Open Beta starts July 18 | Concord’s monetised content will be exclusively cosmetic | Early Previews are out

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Um TLOU came out in summer 2013 and pretty much all the Uncharted games released in early summer as well.

Uncharted came out November 2007.

Uncharted 2 came out October 2009.

Uncharted came out in November of 2011.

Uncharted Golden Abyss came out December 2011.

Uncharted Collection came out October 2015.

Uncharted 4 came out in May 2016, which is Spring, but is the closest to "early summer"

Uncharted Lost Legacy came out in late August 2017, which is at least in the summer.

Uncharted Legacy of Thieves came out in January 2022 on PS5 and October 2022 on PC.

You couldn't be more full of shit.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
The internet is a massive echo chamber and like I said, it's pretty clear the people who had an agenda against this game before anything was even shown and the specific commentary against the game.

I did leave a few people out though.
Ye some people here some massive agenda

Like those people who dont want to buy games with sweet baby inch/hit detection alikes

If you cant live with that then though shit

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Your logic still ain't adding up.
Bullshit.
PlayStation only became the multiplayer defacto console with PS4 so again, all those games you're shitting on for apparently having low sales were already at a disadvantage simply being being PS3 exclusives.

Every single PS3 era game that got a sequel or remaster treatment on PS4 sold better on PS4 than the PS3 games did. Games like Warhawk, M.A.G, Socom, Uncharted 3 Multiplayer even the God fo War Multiplayer would have done better on PS4.
Yes, some of the most popular games in recent times are multiplayer, and originally Xbox was more popular in MP games (outside some exceptions lke FIFA) due to having better online and trophies, plus some great and very successful first party MP games like Halo or Gears and the CoD marketing deal.

At the second half of PS3 (or even early PS4) days Sony did catch up with the quality of the online plus adding features like trophies and game agnostic voice chat and getting the CoD marketing for them. Sony also signed many MP games as exclusives during the PS4 gen such many fighting games, or more stuff like MiHoyo, Rocket League or Fall Guys plus partnering with top MP devs of titles like GTA Online, Fortnite, Destiny etc. in different deals.

In the first party side, they were very successful with single player but not with multiplayer, so they kept focusing on single player. But the general PS/console (not 1st party only) list of top games got more focused on multiplayer (and GaaS) titles more and more over time, so at some point in the PS4 gen Sony decided that had to make a big push on MP and GaaS, particularly on shooters, and they started the current Sony push we're seeing of games like Destiny 2, Firewall Ultra, Helldivers 2, Concord, Marathon, etc. plus non-shooters like GT and MLB.

Sony is pushing to be top tier with their 1st party (also including 2nd and acquired) catalog not only in SP AAA games, but also in MP & GaaS. Plus they are trying to cover top selling genres better with their fist party to depend less on 3rd party and to make more money for themselves. So this is why they're expanding in genres like shooters (with all these mentioned GaaS), action games or platformers. And well, also expanding their IPs beyond gaming to make more money and expand their fanbase outside their console.

From a year ago:
image.png

From to years ago:
image.png

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Bullshit.

Yes, some of the most popular games in recent times are multiplayer, and originally Xbox was more popular in MP games (outside some exceptions lke FIFA) due to having better online and trophies, plus some great and very successful first party MP games like Halo or Gears and the CoD marketing deal.

At the second half of PS3 (or even early PS4) days Sony did catch up with the quality of the online plus adding features like trophies and game agnostic voice chat and getting the CoD marketing for them. Sony also signed many MP games as exclusives during the PS4 gen such many fighting games, or more stuff like MiHoyo, Rocket League or Fall Guys plus partnering with top MP devs of titles like GTA Online, Fortnite, Destiny etc. in different deals.

In the first party side, they were very successful with single player but not with multiplayer, so they kept focusing on single player. But the general PS/console (not 1st party only) list of top games got more focused on multiplayer (and GaaS) titles more and more over time, so at some point in the PS4 gen Sony decided that had to make a big push on MP and GaaS, particularly on shooters, and they started the current Sony push we're seeing of games like Destiny 2, Firewall Ultra, Helldivers 2, Concord, Marathon, etc. plus non-shooters like GT and MLB.

Sony is pushing to be top tier with their 1st party (also including 2nd and acquired) catalog not only in SP AAA games, but also in MP & GaaS. Plus they are trying to cover top selling genres better with their fist party to depend less on 3rd party and to make more money for themselves. So this is why they're expanding in genres like shooters (with all these mentioned GaaS), action games or platformers. And well, also expanding their IPs beyond gaming to make more money and expand their fanbase outside their console.

From a year ago:
image.png

From to years ago:
image.png
of fuck off with your typical corporate propaganda. I dunno why i even bothered wasting my time with you.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
of fuck off with your typical corporate propaganda. I dunno why i even bothered wasting my time with you.
To explain how the market performed, business basics and their strategy is supposed to be corporate propaganda now? Lol

They are a company, so they invest where they think there's potential to generate more money and growth directly or indirectly. They won't keep investing on a game that commercially was bad or mediocre just because a random forum user likes it, because the ass of that user is not the center of the universe.

They have to keep a sustainable business instead, so they invest instead in what they think that according to their internal data and market research tells is going to be better for them.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
To explain how the market performed, business basics and their strategy is supposed to be corporate propaganda now? Lol

They are a company, so they invest where they think there's potential to generate more money and growth directly or indirectly. They won't keep investing on a game that commercially was bad or mediocre just because a random forum user likes it, because the ass of that user is not the center of the universe.
You don't need t explain anything to me? Nor do i or anyone here constantly request to be barraged by the same recycled comments over and over and over and OVER! By you lol...

Your post had nothing to do with the fact I said PS3 Multiplayer games could have been remastered and had a bigger chance of success on PS4 than they did on PS3. That's simply a fact. Everything else is irrelevant.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I hope against hope that horizon multiplayer and the 3rd game flop and if it gets guerrilla shuttered that is even better because as cool as Herman I think is, The dude has got shit taste in games and will greenlight more Concords and Borizon games. Concord is such a cool name that is wasted on this checklist game

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You don't need t explain anything to me? Nor do i or anyone here constantly request to be barraged by the same recycled comments over and over and over and OVER! By you lol...

Your post had nothing to do with the fact I said PS3 Multiplayer games could have been remastered and had a bigger chance of success on PS4 than they did on PS3. That's simply a fact. Everything else is irrelevant.
It isn't a fact, it's just your personal opinion.

What is relevant to know why they didn't remaster that/these games is what I mentioned: Sony's strategy and the reasoning behind it, which includes the evolution of PS vs Xbox battle in MP games thanks to Sony's actions, the growth in importance of the GaaS and that doesn't make business sense to remaster games that they think won't sell well enough, because as I mentioned unlike the SP remasters they have important extra costs related to their MP nature. So regarding MP they prefer to invest instead: new GaaS titles and particularly from devs with certain pedigree and/or from certain genres/subgenres.

I hope against hope that horizon multiplayer and the 3rd game flop and if it gets guerrilla shuttered that is even better because as cool as Herman I think is, The dude has got shit taste in games and will greenlight more Concords and Borizon games. Concord is such a cool name that is wasted on this checklist game
Like several other Sony GaaS, the Horizon Online game started in 2018 (hired their game director as I remember in February 2018), before Hermen got in charge of PS Studios in late 2019. Concord maybe was also signed/greenlighted before that, because their studio was founded in 2018 and a AAA studio doesn't start the production of a AAA without having a publisher funding it.

The PS studios games greenlighted since late 2019 (so by Hermen) include Stellar Blade, Astro Bot, Death Stranding 2, Physint, Wolverine, Ghost of Tsushima 2, the newest ND big SP game, the next GoW (set in a new mythology), the current Bend/Media Molecule/Housemarque/Polyphony game under development. Plus acquisitions like Housemarque, Bluepoint or Firesprite (so defacto resurrecting Liverpool Studio and Evolution and getting part of the past Supermassive Games).

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Why would any PlayStation gamer want Guerilla shuttered? Do y'all not understand how important this studio is to PlayStation studios? And they help most studios with their tech as well? Including even people like Naughty Dog?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Why would any PlayStation gamer want Guerilla shuttered? Do y'all not understand how important this studio is to PlayStation studios? And they help most studios with their tech as well? Including even people like Naughty Dog?
Well I truly despise Borizon and with guerrilla existing thats all we will get, Aloy has to be one most awful characters ever created and I for one do not care much about Naughty Dog as well, shits going to be hilarious when their next game flops after all the remasters and remakes

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Well I truly despise Borizon and with guerrilla existing thats all we will get, Aloy has to be one most awful characters ever created and I for one do not care much about Naughty Dog as well, shits going to be hilarious when their next game flops after all the remasters and remakes
What makes you think there game is gonna flop? Its so weird seeing people waiting and frothing at the mouth to see ND fail, like why?

They’ve always made great games and in the last 15 years, they havent missed and all of them have been 90+ and some GOTY/GOTG games.
There next game will probably be another banger even with the media shills and haters trying to kill it

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
That's fine if you don't like the game lol. I'm not the biggest fan of Horizon either but I can appreciate aspects of the game and the technical feats it achieved. And yeah, I don't see Naughty Dog's next game flopping but whatever floats your boat

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

At first i thought you were just being the typical virgin edge lord that you are but you might actually be mentally deficient

Seek help either for one or the other