Concord Open Beta starts July 18 | Concord’s monetised content will be exclusively cosmetic | Early Previews are out

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
One could argue that PC is taking Sony's focus away. For example PC just got a port of GoT, Sony did not feel the need to give us a summer blockbuster because well they gained extra revenue this quarter by releasing a PC port instead. Before they started porting to PC Sony had no choice but to deliver quality games every quarter, now they can just port to PC to get those numbers and results. It sucks for PlayStation gamers. We can experience 1st party game droughts but Sony's pocketbook doesn't, I'm not liking this.

Does Sony normally deliver summer blockbusters?

The PS4 released in 2013. Through 2020, how many years did Sony release summer blockbusters?

Sony did not release games every quarter, that's just not true. Maybe in your mind they did, but in reality? No.

This is mental illness.

• Heart
Reactions: The Icon

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Every playable character in hero shooter game IS a main character

but whatever man im not buying this woke trash game

My money on Astrobot

I'm not buying the game either, but pretending this is something it isn't says more about you than it says about the game...

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
If youre not buying the game then why you spend so much energy defending it what a lol person

I'm here to make logical statements and discussions. I don't care at all about the game. I care about why you're being illogical.

I think Sony should invest in GaaS, there is zero chance of me playing any GaaS that they create.

The argument isn't about me.

I think Square Enix should have made FF7 Remake/Rebirth turn based. I think it would have sold better and I think I would have bought Rebirth, which I haven't. Both things are true. I also think they should have stayed true to the original game and I think it would have sold better if they did.

• haha
Reactions: Airbus

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The advantages of reviving SOCOM, MAG and Warhawk far outweigh a new IP called Concord.

Not shitting on Concord. Just baffling that Sony continues ignore IPs which have far more chance of being successful.
Nah, a MP FPS new IP from former Halo, Destiny, CoD and other top shooters has way more chances to be successful than anything related to Socom, MAG or Warhawk. These IPs are dead because there wasn't enough interest on them.

• brain

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
I'm here to make logical statements and discussions. I don't care at all about the game. I care about why you're being illogical.
You can pretend to act smart, lecturing everyone here and all that but cant lie the number of people disliking this game is pretty huge

For someone admitting not buying the game surely you spend so much time defending it youre funny guy lol

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The more I hear and see about it, the more I think it might be ok.
Destiny PVP was one of the few games I enjoyed PVP and played alot of it.

Ive never bought a PVP only game, but Im gonna try the beta. Plus the game being cheaper is more appealing

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Nah, a MP FPS new IP from former Halo, Destiny, CoD and other top shooters has way more chances to be successful than anything related to Socom, MAG or Warhawk. These IPs are dead because there wasn't enough interest on them.

While I think a new IP can be super successful, I still believe old IPs can come back and be successful too. All depends on timing and how good the actual game new game is. Alot of IPs generally sold less before the 2010’s. Also some that use to sell millions, now sell less now.

The last 4 Socom just werent good enough, the PS3 one didnt have much effort at all. Give it to a good team and it might do great, MP shooters are more popular now then back then, I mean online gaming has come a long way since PS3 games

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Warhawk would have been a huge success has Sony remastered it properly for PS4, I have no doubt.

So many great multiplayer games and studios perished PS3 era because they were simply on the wrong PlayStation console at the time. Had Sony held out just a little longer instead of panicking end of PS3 era, they would have been set

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Warhawk would have been a huge success has Sony remastered it properly for PS4, I have no doubt.

So many great multiplayer games and studios perished PS3 era because they were simply on the wrong PlayStation console at the time. Had Sony held out just a little longer instead of panicking end of PS3 era, they would have been set

Completely agree.

Also Sony should not have sold Sony Online Entertainment either.

Planetside and Everquest IPs were sold too.

Reactions: Danja1187

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Does Sony normally deliver summer blockbusters?

The PS4 released in 2013. Through 2020, how many years did Sony release summer blockbusters?

Sony did not release games every quarter, that's just not true. Maybe in your mind they did, but in reality? No.

This is mental illness.
Um TLOU came out in summer 2013 and pretty much all the Uncharted games released in early summer as well.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Back then it felt just an ok game to me, I think nowadays would feel too outdated even if remastered. I think an improved sequel would make more sense, but I assume they didn't do it due to not good enough sales.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Back then it felt just an ok game to me, I think nowadays would feel too updated even if remastered. I think an improved sequel would make more sense, but I assume they didn't do it due to not good enough sales.
What multiplayer game from PS3 era did they ever remaster? outside of Factions since they had to include it in the Remaster. Your line of logic isn't adding up at all. It's not whether you liked the feel of the game. The concept of the game and how it plays would have worked well. Yes the game felt dated since it had 2007 mechanics 💀.

They abandoned every singl multiplayer game last gen that wasn't Gran Turismo and MLB

• brain

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What multiplayer game from PS3 era did they ever remaster? outside of Factions since they had to include it in the Remaster. Your line of logic isn't adding up at all. It's not whether you liked the feel of the game. The concept of the game and how it plays would have worked well. Yes the game felt dated since it had 2007 mechanics 💀.

They abandoned every singl multiplayer game last gen that wasn't Gran Turismo and MLB
Oops, by "updated" I meant to say outdated xDD

I don't know if they ever remastered any MP game. I assume they may avoid to remaster them because remasters normally are low budget projects and being MP implies extra work and costs due to servers costs, server maintenance costs, etc.

For that same reason, after certain point when a MP game no longer makes enough money they shut them down: to stop paying servers and server maintance.

But well, in any case I don't see why they would want to remaster mediocre games that had bad sales. It makes more sense to remaster games that after doing a proper market research they consider it's going to have good enough sales.

My line of logic makes total sense: they are a company and want to make money, so they invest in products or services that they consider have potential to have good enough performance and avoid investing on stuff nobody cares about outside 3 guys in a forum.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Oops, by "updated" I meant to say outdated xDD

I don't know if they ever remastered any MP game. I assume they may avoid to remaster them because remasters normally are low budget projects and being MP implies extra work and costs due to servers costs, server maintenance costs, etc.

For that same reason, after certain point when a MP game no longer makes enough money they shut them down: to stop paying servers and server maintance.

But well, in any case I don't see why they would want to remaster mediocre games that had bad sales. It makes more sense to remaster games that after doing a proper market research they consider it's going to have good enough sales.

My line of logic makes total sense: they are a company and want to make money, so they invest in products or services that they consider have potential to have good enough performance and avoid investing on stuff nobody cares about outside 3 guys in a forum.
Your logic still ain't adding up. PlayStation only became the multiplayer defacto console with PS4 so again, all those games you're shitting on for apparently having low sales were already at a disadvantage simply being being PS3 exclusives.

Every single PS3 era game that got a sequel or remaster treatment on PS4 sold better on PS4 than the PS3 games did. Games like Warhawk, M.A.G, Socom, Uncharted 3 Multiplayer even the God fo War Multiplayer would have done better on PS4.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I was originally going to buy this game because it looked fun but alas getting into a online game anytime soon just aint happening for me right now

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
They're not actually going to buy it.
People act like Sony didnt send Puppeteer and Gravity Rush 2 to die.

Somehow the first Gravity Rush on the Vita, Patapon & Locoroco games, The Last Guardian, Astrobot VR all sold well. Maybe becouse they were actually marketed and given a fair chance? Gravity Rush 2 sold around 1,5m in digital sales only, and It never even had a sale beyond 20$. If they actually bothered to show it back then on their E3 show, instead of showing Days Gone twice, marketed the game (many people who played the OG still didnt even realise the sequel came out) and didnt release it the same fucking week as RE7, Persona 5 and Kingdom Hearts, then maybe It could have sold around 5m lifetime.

Even collab projects from JS like SOTC Remake and bloodborne did pretty well.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
You can pretend to act smart, lecturing everyone here and all that but cant lie the number of people disliking this game is pretty huge

For someone admitting not buying the game surely you spend so much time defending it youre funny guy lol

The internet is a massive echo chamber and like I said, it's pretty clear the people who had an agenda against this game before anything was even shown and the specific commentary against the game.

I did leave a few people out though.

There's people like me who have no interest in the game (but we're not going around downvoting every video associated with it) and then there are people who generally think it just seems generic (they're also not going around downvoting every video associated with it).