ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I tried Overwatch 2 last night for the first time and i was left confused and annoyed people dared to call Concord and Overwatch clone.

Overwatch 2 feels like a game made for PS3, the mechanics feel like it was built around mobile phones, the physics are trash, mechanics are beyond basic for what you'd expect from a game of that caliber.

Concord was easily the best playing PvP on the market upon release. I found myself trying to even double jump on overwatch... Welp you can't...
Overwatch gunplay is not it strong point.

BTW Overwatch has way more DEI characters than Concord… it is not even comparable.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

BTW Overwatch has way more DEI characters than Concord… it is not even comparable.
Doubt I'll stick around long enough to care, the game plays like it was built for a potato.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

Yes, but as Danja stated previous, they also have many characters that appeal to the other side of the spectrum. I don't like it as a game though, bought the first game and never even started it once then deleted it.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yes, but as Danja stated previous, they also have many characters that appeal to the other side of the spectrum. I don't like it as a game though, bought the first game and never even started it once then deleted it.
Yeah, their roster it caters to most. That's definitely the area Concord went wrong. I get they were going for the whole band of misfits outsiders Freegunners but when you're trying to appeal to everyone you gotta well, appeal to everyone lol.

The gameplay however it's easily a 10/10. The way each character brings a unique flair, addition to the matches were appreciated. I appreciated how each character can also alter the maps and outcomes of on the battlefield with their abilities, the crew decking system was great, just explained terribly.

But the game was doomed to fail from they dropped that Cinematic trailer 🤧

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The first game was probably the first successful hero shooter so I understand they took it as innovation/new.

But essentially the first game is better than the second even if you compare both you see the only difference in gameplay is 6v6 to 5v5… the games are you exactly the same in gameplay.

Overwatch 2 only exists to change the monetization.

And to be fair they gone too greed with the F2P model that the game was a big flop due how predatory in terms of MTX it was in F2P model.

It is consensus that paying $60 for Overwatch was way better than get Overwatch 2 F2P… the backslash last year was huge to the point that Blizzard is reworking the game.

Now sure how it is now but there are several patches scheduled to try to fix the F2P monetization the game had since launch… including a lot of new content (that even at launch the game didn’t have) to try to bring players back.

Overwatch 2 is an unique case of study imo… because the same game was launched successful at full price and flopped in F2P form.

We can say OW2 had everything I don’t like F2P games.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Yeah, their roster it caters to most. That's definitely the area Concord went wrong. I get they were going for the whole band of misfits outsiders Freegunners but when you're trying to appeal to everyone you gotta well, appeal to everyone lol.

The gameplay however it's easily a 10/10. The way each character brings a unique flair, addition to the matches were appreciated. I appreciated how each character can also alter the maps and outcomes of on the battlefield with their abilities, the crew decking system was great, just explained terribly.

But the game was doomed to fail from they dropped that Cinematic trailer 🤧

Well, you talk so highly about it, and from the gameplay I watched it seemed to have solid gameplay. Let's hope Sony fires most of the team and refurbish the game.

• Shake

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well, you talk so highly about it, and from the gameplay I watched it seemed to have solid gameplay. Let's hope Sony fires most of the team and refurbish the game.
Well I do enjoy multiplayers so I'm always happy when one comes about that has smooth gameplay and theirs game was extremely polished to the core. The devs were quick to fix issues in less than a day once you reported it to them.

Again I disagree the devs needs to be fired, they are the ones that created the game and knows the backbone, why would you wanna dispurge of that talent. Whomever called the shots regarding the roster and marketing they absolutely can be let go because that was tone deafness on their end when it came to how they wanted to sell the game. However not all the blame lies on FireWalk as Hermen Hulst escaping scotch free here when he also needs to be checked on the failure of this game to simply just Launch.

Either way! FireWalk is an extremely talented studio and people can say whatever they want, but Sony would be doing themselves a disservice by getting ridding of such good talent.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Well I do enjoy multiplayers so I'm always happy when one comes about that has smooth gameplay and theirs game was extremely polished to the core. The devs were quick to fix issues in less than a day once you reported it to them.

Again I disagree the devs needs to be fired, they are the ones that created the game and knows the backbone, why would you wanna dispurge of that talent. Whomever called the shots regarding the roster and marketing they absolutely can be let go because that was tone deafness on their end when it came to how they wanted to sell the game. However not all the blame lies on FireWalk as Hermen Hulst escaping scotch free here when he also needs to be checked on the failure of this game to simply just Launch.

Either way! FireWalk is an extremely talented studio and people can say whatever they want, but Sony would be doing themselves a disservice by getting ridding of such good talent.

Ok just fire the ones that are forcing woke shit.

Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Shake

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Ok just fire the ones that are forcing woke shit.

Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
I still don't see what is so woke about the game but my outlook on things aren't as black and white... So I digress.

OMG they should have just added a few sexy girls for the grifters like asmongold and his hyenas. Maybe also add some hot daddy with big bulge to actually appeal to the homosexuals and not only to lesbians. That would at least shut up part of the negativity around the game.😗

That still wouldn't satisfy them, next they'll say well the game is too slow, TTK too high, all content is free? Nah, we need F2P model so we can feel like we are working towards actualll progression by grinding away our lives... Game too easy 😂

But seriously I wished they had just bent the knee

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That still wouldn't satisfy them, next they'll say well the game is too slow, TTK too high, all content is free? Nah, we need F2P model so we can feel like we are working towards actualll progression by grinding away our lives... Game too easy 😂

The game would of defo had the usual hate PS gets get even without the negativity caused by some of the staff and character designs etc.

But it would of fared a way better chance.

We can see what IGN and everyone is doing with PS5 Pro. MS isnt gonna lay down and see there IP Overwatch have competition. And not use all the in fighting with the gaas vs anti gaas ps fans to destroy a PS game. Way too easy for them.

MS does this every time, Astrobot, God of Ragnarok, Spiderman 2 survived the hate but just about They tried sahing Ragnarok was DLC and bad pacing and lies spread like you play as the kid 50% of the time. But every other PS exclusive got effected by negative “media and fan” shillery this gen even more. From Returnal and FF7 Remake to GT7 and Concord lol

MrAss

24 May 2024
I still don't see what is so woke about the game but my outlook on things aren't as black and white... So I digress.

The youtubers/influencers🤮 just need a content. Sony should start using them for their advantage

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
The game would of defo had the usual hate PS gets get even without the negativity caused by some of the staff and character designs etc.

But it would of fared a way better chance.

We can see what IGN and everyone is doing with PS5 Pro. MS isnt gonna lay down and see there IP Overwatch have competition. And not use all the in fighting with the gaas vs anti gaas ps fans to destroy a PS game. Way too easy for them.

MS does this every time, Astrobot, God of Ragnarok, Spiderman 2 survived the hate but just about They tried sahing Ragnarok was DLC and bad pacing and lies spread like you play as the kid 50% of the time. But every other PS exclusive got effected by negative “media and fan” shillery this gen even more. From Returnal and FF7 Remake to GT7 and Concord lol

See how people loved Helldivers 2 from all crowds, even Xbox fanboys. People are just sick of the pussification of gaming, movies, media, schools, etc. We need masculine games like Killzone, Helldivers 2, etc. Within that, females are there but widely accepted. I'm 100% sure SSM would want a woke GOW game but Kratos is just too masculine to derail at this point, so Loki is their way. They know that people are watching them carefully and not happy with some shit in GOWR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vertigo

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
See how people loved Helldivers 2 from all crowds, even Xbox fanboys. People are just sick of the pussification of gaming, movies, media, schools, etc. We need masculine games like Killzone, Helldivers 2, etc. Within that, females are their but widely accepted. I'm 100% sure SSM would want a woke GOW game but Kratos is just too masculine to derail at this point, so Loki is their way. They know that people are watching them carefully and not happy with some shit in GOWR.
Bo If I’m not wrong, you’re an Arab right? Always difficult to pin down cultural ideals in our western bubble. But it just goes to show, men are men all over the world.*

images

*Excluding California and San Francisco

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Bo If I’m not wrong, you’re an Arab right? Always difficult to pin down cultural ideals in our western bubble. But it just goes to show, men are men all over the world.*

images

*Excluding California and San Francisco

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Natural people are just... natural, and that's like 99% of the globe. Yes, I'm an Arab from Oman, not a very famous country in the Arabian Peninsula due to not being politically hostile nor very rich. It's like the average Joe of the Arabian Peninsula, but it's one of the safest countries in the world, usually in the top 5-3.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
See how people loved Helldivers 2 from all crowds, even Xbox fanboys. People are just sick of the pussification of gaming, movies, media, schools, etc. We need masculine games like Killzone, Helldivers 2, etc. Within that, females are there but widely accepted. I'm 100% sure SSM would want a woke GOW game but Kratos is just too masculine to derail at this point, so Loki is their way. They know that people are watching them carefully and not happy with some shit in GOWR.

They‘ll never admit this in order to keep pushing this cringe garbage onto consumers. It’s why it bombed above all else. One of many for the year. From forspoken and suicide squad to acolyte and concord; consumers have loudly told corporations to go fuck themselves. And gamers… I am very proud of you. Money talks. Bullshit walks. Thank you

A god or war starring Loki wouldn’t sell the 3 million units. He’s a dweeb and the gameplay around him was also trash. Hopefully Sony isn’t that friggin dumb — but then again they were stupid enough to platform concord for 12 days.

Last edited:
  • thisistheway