Concord |OT| Turn Off Your Cross-play

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
And TLOU 2 was never gonna sell 30 million in any reality no matter if it didn't make controversial choices.... That's just delusional. Even the PS4 version with all the double dipping and a generation of nonstop bundling never got to 25 million.

Selling close to 15 million was pretty much the core franchise sales figures

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
But what was the woke agenda ink this game?

BTW I believe even if this game was not launched on PC with it bad exposition… if it was a PS5 only game it should not be closed and have more use base to maintain it.

You need to watch videos about it and the devs to understand the situation better.

I understand the deal against dei/woke. I hope Sony learns from it. If they have learnt properly they would understand this had good gameplay and the character designs, dei is what what killed it. Ontop of the crazy medua pile on with no fan defense this time round. And reskin would work lol.

I do think it got extra hate because it was a PS game though as usual. Others have done the woke way worse and got away with it.

But yes, Sony needs to nip this in the blood from now on. TLOU2, yes would of done even better than it already has. Some due to abbey/trans and some due to joel death. Im not sure if its 50/50 but it had an impact for sure. I actually love TLOU2.

I loved TLOU2 myself and it only comes after GOW:R, GOW 2018, GoT to me. It has an insane gameplay and animation that's simply on a level of its own, with great cinematography and storytelling. The only criticism is jumping from Ellie to Abby back and forth. Also I think Abby is a great character and the Joel incident is understandable and bold. Towards the end it was a mixed bag though. I think overall the game suffered from conflicting ideas but they sugar-coated it with premium cinematics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
But what is so woke about Pronouns in 2024? They are part of society and has been for close to a decade now and will not go anywhere. Do I think some of them are ridiculous and extreme? Absolutely. Unless the devs were labeling characters random stuff to be edgy... He / Him, She / Her, They / Them are literally standards stuff now.

We can say we don't like the character designs but are they actually woke? No! They're just unappealing

Devs should be allowed to have their own views as do gamers have their own views.

But still what exactly was so woke about the actual game, it's stupid as there was no agenda being pushed lol

I think pronouns will always be associated with “woke” now days. I know woke isnt the actual word for the what people associate with it, it was used for something totally different.
It had nothing to do with pronouns/trans/LGBTQ, blue haired left winged people. But unfortunately thats what the word is mostly associated with now days.

As for agenda, none in the game.
Its more characters like Daw, Imar etc with those kind of characters that DEI sort of divions try to include. And that is what people are gonna associate with “woke”

You know what its like with PS. If you touch on something it will be exaggerated, multiplied and used against them. No1 gave a shit when other PVP games released with a price and tons of “DEI/Woke” stuff.

Devs should, but they can make it alot easier for themselves to have something more appealing. I personally dont care, gameplay is key for me

Reactions: ethomaz

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I think pronouns will always be associated with “woke” now days. I know woke isnt the actual word for the what people associate with it, it was used for something totally different.
It had nothing to do with pronouns/trans/LGBTQ, blue haired left winged people. But unfortunately thats what the word is mostly associated with now days.
Unfortunately the term "WOKE" has become radicalized, the term originally meant an individual who was socially and morally conscious and progressive when it came to issues that affected others negatively. Unfortunately, now it can mean anything someone doesn't like or agree with it. That's why this entire Concord being woke nonsense is just silly. The game attempted to be inclusive, which I won't knock it for, perhaps they catered too much to one side of the spectrum? After the Stellar Blade incident it should have been obvious what was headed their way... but I have my issues with FireWalk and them being non-reactive.. but that's another rant for the future 😅.

As for agenda, none in the game.
Its more characters like Daw, Imar etc with those kind of characters that DEI sort of divions try to include. And that is what people are gonna associate with “woke”

You know what its like with PS. If you touch on something it will be exaggerated, multiplied and used against them. No1 gave a shit when other PVP games released with a price and tons of “DEI/Woke” stuff.

Devs should, but they can make it alot easier for themselves to have something more appealing. I personally dont care, gameplay is key for me
Well having characters like DAW or Emari isn't an agenda. Daw looks like a stereotypical Science nerd from any high school Sci-esque movie. I'd call him cliche, because having read his lore that's exactly how you expect a Science nerd would look in multi-media based of stereotypes.

Emari, again, another cliched stereotype, of course the bad-ass female is gonna look butch with pushy tone. Is that really an agenda? LOL. It's actually just lazy design. I do think Emari is top 5 best character in the game but her design is just stale, and that's biggest crime against her and Daw.

I actually found Daw to be a likeable essential character.

As i said the devs just catered too much to being inclusive, so much so they forgot to include the crowd that also wants the opposite of what they were offering with their roster. That's the biggest offense of the game especially given the game was meant to be homage to 70's Sci-FI, they wasted the theme.

But that's my piece on this " woke" thing. The word itself no longer even has meaning, it's nothing but a dog whistle term now.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
But why I should watch video if I can play the game?
I really need to “understand” to play a game?
Confused The Point GIF by Travis

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Unfortunately the term "WOKE" has become radicalized, the term originally meant an individual who was socially and morally conscious and progressive when it came to issues that affected others negatively. Unfortunately, now it can mean anything someone doesn't like or agree with it. That's why this entire Concord being woke nonsense is just silly. The game attempted to be inclusive, which I won't knock it for, perhaps they catered too much to one side of the spectrum? After the Stellar Blade incident it should have been obvious what was headed their way... but I have my issues with FireWalk and them being non-reactive.. but that's another rant for the future 😅.

Well having characters like DAW or Emari isn't an agenda. Daw looks like a stereotypical Science nerd from any high school Sci-esque movie. I'd call him cliche, because having read his lore that's exactly how you expect a Science nerd would look in multi-media based of stereotypes.

Emari, again, another cliched stereotype, of course the bad-ass female is gonna look butch with pushy tone. Is that really an agenda? LOL. It's actually just lazy design. I do think Emari is top 5 best character in the game but her design is just stale, and that's biggest crime against her and Daw.

I actually found Daw to be a likeable essential character.

As i said the devs just catered too much to being inclusive, so much so they forgot to include the crowd that also wants the opposite of what they were offering with their roster. That's the biggest offense of the game especially given the game was meant to be homage to 70's Sci-FI, they wasted the theme.

But that's my piece on this " woke" thing. The word itself no longer even has meaning, it's nothing but a dog whistle term now.

I agree. Though whether we are right or wrong, it was enough to fit that “narrative” and that caused one of the biggest hate quests Ive seen in video game history. Crazy times lol. But yeah catering too much inclusive would be a better way of describing it

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
But he is right? Why should he watch a video of someone else's opinion because you can't articulate something you stated in here?

I agree. Though whether we are right or wrong, it was enough to fit that “narrative” and that caused one of the biggest hate quests Ive seen in video game history. Crazy times lol. But yeah catering too much inclusive would be a better way of describing it

Well my personal opinion is gaming should always strive to be inclusive. And that's my personal outlook on things in general. It's a hobby that caters to everyone and so being inclusive is good. The devs weren't wrong for wanting to make a roster of unconventional characters it's just that unfortunately gamers are also often times entitled a s spiteful lol.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Dude lock this thread. Lmfao
Or stay the fuck out? The game no longer exist now y'all have an issue if the game is discussed on its own fucking thread. Y'all are so fucking stupid on this forum at times

*Waits for mod to enter this thread and deletes this comment*... Since apparently you can't call out people in this OT when they enter to troll... Since they've been deleting my comments all week.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s painful to see you guys pretend this 60 meta is now the greatest shooter ever. Ginme a break. Go play some actual online games. This is why you can’t take the console warrior shills seriously. As long as it’s got Sony’s name on it… ha!

BIGGEST SONY FLOP IN HISTORY. 12 DAYS

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Concord fans = discusses failures of the game and reception

Brain dead idiot who wants to be noticed... enters threads and rants about stuff noone but their own delusions conjured up.

👇🏼

It’s painful to see you guys pretend this 60 meta is now the greatest shooter ever. Ginme a break. Go play some actual online games. This is why you can’t take the console warrior shills seriously. As long as it’s got Sony’s name on it… ha!

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
You’re very upset I see. I don’t see the point of continuing to promote a literal dead and pulled game. Still trying to convince people it’s good? Go ahead. 🤣

60 meta. 12 days.

I also always kept out of this thread. So go point fingers and insults somewhere else. I could do the same but you’re already dealing with the cope of this trash being shutdown. Must be painful enough

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I mean if I have to watch a video to understand a situation then the situation is not strong enough… I can give you another example more simple… if I have to watch a video to understand a story of a game instead to playing it… or the game failed to show that story.

Why does it have a video to push a “situation” at all when the game failed to show that “situation”?

That is what I’m talking here… that push in the narrative… people making videos, articles, social posts to push that ideia that the game have these “situations”.

Because when you play the game there is nothing of that there.

• thinking_hard
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I’m not sure why you are upset people talk about liking a 60 meta game 🤷🏻‍♂️

PS. Concord’s gunplay is miles better than The Order’s gunplay… response, recoil, feedback, hit collision, etc etc etc.

• haha

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I’m not sure why you are upset people talk about liking a 60 meta game 🤷🏻‍♂️

PS. Concord’s gunplay is miles better than The Order’s gunplay… response, recoil, feedback, hit collision, etc etc etc.

Well, considering all Firewalk did was copy and paste what they stole from Bungie. No surprise there.

So when I hear the gunplay is good. No kidding. It’s not theirs. I recognized that in the demo… and then deleted 3 mins later cuz the rest is slow and generic.

Looks like everyone else felt the same.

12 days

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
You’re very upset I see. I don’t see the point of continuing to promote a literal dead and pulled game. Still trying to convince people it’s good? Go ahead. 🤣

60 meta. 12 days.

I also always kept out of this thread. So go point fingers and insults somewhere else. I could do the same but you’re already dealing with the cope of this trash being shutdown. Must be painful enough
Who is upset? You really live a bit too vicariously through forums sir, if you think me typing up a comment in under a minute = very upset 🤣

How is anyone promoting the game in an OT thread dedicated to the game on a forum that isn't even very active?.how is that promotion? Lmao

Again brain dead

Reactions: ethomaz

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Or stay the fuck out? The game no longer exist now y'all have an issue if the game is discussed on its own fucking thread. Y'all are so fucking stupid on this forum at times

*Waits for mod to enter this thread and deletes this comment*... Since apparently you can't call out people in this OT when they enter to troll... Since they've been deleting my comments all week.
I am entering this thread now and "STOP BEING SO FUCKING AGGRESSIVE,"

Chill out, please; why all the Rage? It's the weekend; it is meant to be a happy time.

Go play Astro and feel its greatness heal you.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This thread ain’t going no where… we gonna make sure the fans outlast the haters 😂
This.

I’m shocked that even after the game died hatters still can’t accept people talking and liking Concord lol

Seems like everything around Concord is a big sin.