Concord |OT| Turn Off Your Cross-play

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
This.

I’m shocked that even after the game died hatters still can’t accept people talking and liking Concord lol

Seems like everything around Concord is a big sin.
We’ve had a few users come in here and tell us what we already know…. Doeasnt matter how bad Sony fumbled this launch, doesn’t matter how much people hate it. There is a group of people whose LIKE this game and theirs nothing you can do to change that.

Reactions: Danja and ethomaz

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I am entering this thread now and "STOP BEING SO FUCKING AGGRESSIVE,"

Chill out, please; why all the Rage? It's the weekend; it is meant to be a happy time.

Go play Astro and feel its greatness heal you.

Nah I'm only gonna be nice to members who are actually not assholes.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
We’ve had a few users come in here and tell us what we already know…. Doeasnt matter how bad Sony fumbled this launch, doesn’t matter how much people hate it. There is a group of people whose LIKE this game and theirs nothing you can do to change that.
It's crazy how they got what they wanted, game is gone, Sony busy trying to pretend it never happened but the ones who enjoyed it must now also stop discussing it on THIS FORUM in its own OT thread... Apparently that's shilling and promotion. 🤣

Meanwhile the Astro Bot thread is withering away off the front page a game they claimed rid the stench of Concord.

Reactions: ethomaz and voke
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
But he is right? Why should he watch a video of someone else's opinion because you can't articulate something you stated in here?

Well my personal opinion is gaming should always strive to be inclusive. And that's my personal outlook on things in general. It's a hobby that caters to everyone and so being inclusive is good. The devs weren't wrong for wanting to make a roster of unconventional characters it's just that unfortunately gamers are also often times entitled a s spiteful lol.

Because we're talking about why the game bombed why it's hated. The devs are pure garbage themselves and they've been spreading shit and got served shit back. I'm not interested in doing a homework about a matter that isn't really that important to me, but just go to youtube and you'll see it all.

Did the game itself have too much woke shit? Not really IMHO, but at the same time the devs are pure garbage with stinky agendas and attitude that they deserve to lose their jobs and get hammered by Sony and sink in the very bottom of gaming history dumpster.

Here, now I have some time:

Glad they're suffering and no longer wanna make game characters:

Problem is what's considered "inclusive" is actually extremely exclusive to 99% of people on planet earth.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Because we're talking about why the game bombed why it's hated. The devs are pure garbage themselves and they've been spreading shit and got served shit back. I'm not interested in doing a homework about a matter that isn't really that important to me, but just go to youtube and you'll see it all.

Did the game itself have too much woke shit? Not really IMHO, but at the same time the devs are pure garbage with stinky agendas and attitude that they deserve to lose their jobs and get hammered by Sony and sink at the very bottom of gaming history dumpster.

Problem is what's considered "inclusive" is actually extremely exclusive to 99% of people on planet earth.
Look if you expect me to waste precious time outta my weekend to sit and watch these long ass videos then 😂. No offense to you, but I don't pay attention to random YouTubers to form an opinion or conclusion for gaming related topics and I won't start now. However you entered this thread and started a topic, it is only fair to expect you'd have some sort of substance behind it. Not point us to videos from YouTube people that were clobbering the game from the start.

Again I have my issues with FireWalk but to generalize everyone at the studio because of one or two devs is also just extremely crazy, which is the problem with gaming discourse in a nutshell shell.

You still can't state what agendas the devs were pushing.

No the devs don't deserve to lose their jobs as the studio made a great game. A game you already admitted you never bothered to try out. So can I even take this opinion of yours as partial.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Did the game itself have too much woke shit? Not really IMHO, but at the same time the devs are pure garbage with stinky agendas and attitude that they deserve to lose their jobs and get hammered by Sony and sink at the very bottom of gaming history dumpster.

I mean… what the point to spy the devs or engage in fights in social with them?

I don’t want to know about the life of other people… and play games to enjoy them and not to keep doing gossip about what the developer do or not.

It is like ERA trying to convince you the Dragon Quest musics are trash because they have some complex persecution with whatever did the musics.

I just enjoy them in the game.

If I want to know anything about Concord I will play the game and not stalker the dev social accounts lol

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Look if you expect me to waste precious time outta my weekend to sit and watch these long ass videos then 😂. No offense to you, but I don't pay attention to random YouTubers to form an opinion or conclusion for gaming related topics and I won't start now. However you entered this thread and started a topic, it is only fair to expect you'd have some sort of substance behind it. Not point us to videos from YouTube people that were clobbering the game from the start.

Again I have my issues with FireWalk but to generalize everyone at the studio because of one or two devs is also just extremely crazy, which is the problem with gaming discourse in a nutshell shell.

You still can't state what agendas the devs were pushing.

No the devs don't deserve to lose their jobs as the studio made a great game. A game you already admitted you never bothered to try out. So can I even take this opinion of yours as partial.

I just handed it to you, but you ignored it. Can't really continue further.

Do As You Please GIF by Yellowstone

I don’t want to know about the life of other people… and play games to enjoy them and not to keep doing gossip about what the developer do or not.

It is like ERA trying to convince you the Dragon Quest musics are trash because they have some complex persecution with whatever did the musics.

If I want to know anything about Concord I will play the game and not stalker the dev social accounts lol

Tom Austen Nodding GIF by HULU

Reactions: Kokoloko

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
T

Too simplistic in today’s world. If a prominent person on the project comes out and calls their customers losers, people will notice. Ironically that sort of behaviour underpins what’s expected from these types of woke scumbags. Not much more to it.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Laura Fryer is a game developer who has worked on many successful games, including EverQuest and Gears of War. In this video, she discusses the failure of the video game Concord, which was shut down after only 12 days. She argues that the failure of Concord was due to a number of factors, including a broken studio culture isolated in an echo chamber :

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Laura Fryer is a game developer who has worked on many successful games, including EverQuest and Gears of War. In this video, she discusses the failure of the video game Concord, which was shut down after only 12 days. She argues that the failure of Concord was due to a number of factors, including a broken studio culture isolated in an echo chamber :

I havent watched the video yet but, by the title, I agree. And it was a “culture war” where gameplay just didnt matter to anyone apart from a few.
But I wonder how much of it was forced on the core developers. About a board being involved and so on. These guys have made games before so I wonder what happened.

Sony, the developers etc, should of just read the room and fans. Plus they should know they are walking on eggshells with the media, dont give ammo or excuses for them to slaughter your game. And it was another fine reason not to release on PC. Dealing with there fanbase and stats.

Either way, its pretty obvious what killed this. And it didnt have much to do with gameplay

Last edited:
Reactions: Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I havent watched the video yet but, by the title, I agree. And it was a “culture war” where gameplay just didnt matter to anyone apart from a few.
But I wonder how much of it was forced on the core developers. About a board being involved and so on. These guys have made games before so I wonder what happened.
Either way, its pretty obvious what killed this. And it didnt have much to do with gameplay
In a broken culture, the best leave first because they can. You’re eventually left with agreeable yes men and those who are too meek to speak up.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
In a broken culture, the best leave first because they can. You’re eventually left with agreeable yes men and those who are too meek to speak up.

Unfortunately not everyone has the opportunity, the, voice, smarts or backbone to resist etc. Whats happening with plenty of issues around the world.
Plenty of the best get stuck in for awhile, throughout history.
But I bet these developers have learn there lesson and it seems like alot of projects getting cancelled now days is making publishers realise. I hope anyway

Reactions: Shmunter

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I just handed it to you, but you ignored it. Can't really continue further.
That's fine! I'm just being honest I was not gonna sit and watch two long YouTube videos, so I wasn't gonna be disingenuous with a reply pretending I did 🤔

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Bo_Hazem
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
T

Too simplistic in today’s world. If a prominent person on the project comes out and calls their customers losers, people will notice. Ironically that sort of behaviour underpins what’s expected from these types of woke scumbags. Not much more to it.
Hideo Kamiya did that all the time…
I played his games without any issue and just realized he did that because somebody made a compilation os tweets in GAF.

But at the end I read 1-2 tweets and just left because it really something of any importance at all to game consumers.

What really matter are the games.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

People try in all forms find the reason for the failure but forget the game was being attacked by the cancel culture since reveal.

In every single social rework, game press and forum… that includes Iconera.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Hideo Kamiya did that all the time…
I played his games without any issue and just realized he did that because somebody made a compilation os tweets in GAF.

But at the end I read 1-2 tweets and just left because it really something of any importance at all to game consumers.

What really matter are the games.
In Concords case, they both sucked

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023

More Microsoft sponsored fud, I wonder who is going to be the 1st idiot to make a thread about this video.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Danja and ethomaz

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Here is where we disagree…

Concord is really a solid and great shooter… gameplay is better than 99% of the others shooter in the market.
I tried Overwatch 2 last night for the first time and i was left confused and annoyed people dared to call Concord and Overwatch clone.

Overwatch 2 feels like a game made for PS3, the mechanics feel like it was built around mobile phones, the physics are trash, mechanics are beyond basic for what you'd expect from a game of that caliber.

Concord was easily the best playing PvP on the market upon release. I found myself trying to even double jump on overwatch... Welp you can't...

Reactions: ethomaz