Concord Registers Only 1100 players during first Day of Closed Beta (Steam) | 2210 Players at Open Beta

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I don't have the exact quote here but as I remember he said it in PR language. Something like "we don't expect all of them to be top tier hits", "we plan them to have a varying level of revenue performance", "they'll address different niches of different sizes" or something like that.

But well, something obvious. Nobody expected that all of them were going to be the next Fortnite/CoD/FIFA/GTA Online.
But that won't stop certain individuals jumping on the opportunity to start a thread every time Sony releases a live service game which isn't a smash hit.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
But that won't stop certain individuals jumping on the opportunity to start a thread every time Sony releases a live service game which isn't a smash hit.
Yes, in fact these individuals even still start threads to throw shit at Sony even when they are smash hits with fake news stuff, acting as if their games don't exist, trying to make a drama from non-issues, etc.

These people will complain and whine throwing shit to Sony independently of whatever Sony does. Even when all the evidence says the opposite.

As an example, with their current strategy of growing in console while also expanding into PC and mobile. All the objective data from the metrics we see every quarter in their fiscal reports show they are performing great and growing every year, frequently breaking records in almost every single KPI. But according to them Sony is doomed.

• haha
Reactions: Hezekiah and arvfab

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Not a single shred of concord discussion, how it could be better, what it does right /wrong etc in this thread. Just the same tired Sony gaas/ Sony losing their way bs that we need to go over in every thread, shits just weird at this point.

I don’t know how you guys don’t grow tired of it. I’m guessing this isn’t the place for people who don’t care about Sony’s business standing? Those who just want to try fun new games and discuss them?

I had fun with the few hours I tried the closed beta, it just feels odd how a off shoot PvP release from Sony causes so much division within its fan base. Discussion here cannot seem to go in any other direction, very disappointing.

This place is just console wars, I used to enjoy watching the Xbox discourse but even that has run tired for me. I don’t care about who has the best exclusives, who is selling what at this point that is all just tea for ultra nerds to sip, and this forum is addicted to the tribalism that comes with it. Dumb of me to think it could have been anything else
I, for one, am very tired of it, hence the doomers and glommers thread dump I made. We are trying to move towards a more talk-based- discussion forum than the usual doom-and-gloom topics, but it will take time.

Rome was not built in a day.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Not a single shred of concord discussion, how it could be better, what it does right /wrong etc in this thread. Just the same tired Sony gaas/ Sony losing their way bs that we need to go over in every thread, shits just weird at this point.

I don’t know how you guys don’t grow tired of it. I’m guessing this isn’t the place for people who don’t care about Sony’s business standing? Those who just want to try fun new games and discuss them?

I had fun with the few hours I tried the closed beta, it just feels odd how a off shoot PvP release from Sony causes so much division within its fan base. Discussion here cannot seem to go in any other direction, very disappointing.

This place is just console wars, I used to enjoy watching the Xbox discourse but even that has run tired for me. I don’t care about who has the best exclusives, who is selling what at this point that is all just tea for ultra nerds to sip, and this forum is addicted to the tribalism that comes with it. Dumb of me to think it could have been anything else
Why would you expect positive discussion on a thread about how badly the game is flopping? 😂😂 Go to the first impressions thread if you want discussion on the game. There hasn’t been any console warring in this thread either. This just proves you love to cry and police people, GTFOH!!!

You claim to not be a Sony fanboy but anytime you see objective criticism of Sony, like a low player count thread. You start moaning and crying, hoping the mods see it and close the thread 🤡 you’re not slick son

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

There's another thread for Concord impressions right below 😅

I thought the conversation here was very natural with the thread topic?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Why would you expect positive discussion on a thread about how badly the game is flopping? 😂😂 Go to the first impressions thread if you want discussion on the game. There hasn’t been any console warring in this thread either. This just proves you love to cry and police people, GTFOH!!!

You claim to not be a Sony fanboy but anytime you see objective criticism of Sony, like a low player count thread. You start moaning and crying, hoping the mods see it and close the thread 🤡 you’re not slick son
Whenever I make a post criticizing Sony, you ignore it. I've done that plenty of times, you can look for yourself, if you find enjoyment in making me out as a fanboy, have at it. Just know you come off as an elementary schooler who hasn't realized there is life outside of gaming consoles. You have the most posts in this thread, out of anyone and you hate this game. Try taking my input without crying next time (impossible)

Not trying to derail you guys thoughts, but I think judging this games success, as well as Sony's entire gaas output after a closed beta is preemptive. that said, I don't believe this game has the chops to survive in this market. All I can hope is that Firewalk can move onto a better idea next time.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I thought the conversation here was very natural with the thread topic?
It very much is, but this boy @voke is a Karen constantly clutching his pearls at any negative thread, and treats the mods like his own personal police force!!

Whenever I make a post criticizing Sony, you ignore it. I've done that plenty of times, you can look for yourself, if you find enjoyment in making me out as a fanboy, have at it. Just know you come off as an elementary schooler who hasn't realized there is life outside of gaming consoles. You have the most posts in this thread, out of anyone and you hate this game. Try taking my input without crying next time (impossible)

Not trying to derail you guys thoughts, but I think judging this games success, as well as Sony's entire gaas output after a closed beta is preemptive. that said, I don't believe this game has the chops to survive in this market. All I can hope is that Firewalk can move onto a better idea next time.
You've been exposed, now keep quiet and don't let this happen again.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It very much is, but this boy @voke is a Karen constantly clutching his pearls at any negative thread, and treats the mods like his own personal police force!!

You've been exposed, now keep quiet and don't let this happen again.
Grow up. I give no fucks about the mods, whether I'm banned, or what you feel I have to say. Sorry you're still in your feelings about what I said forever ago. Sometimes people say mean things in life, but you have to keep it pushing little man.

Funny thing is I agree with several of this forums (including you) criticisms, we just react to the situation differently, yet you act like I am against you.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I, for one, am very tired of it, hence the doomers and glommers thread dump I made. We are trying to move towards a more talk-based- discussion forum than the usual doom-and-gloom topics, but it will take time.

Rome was not built in a day.
Your doom & gloom on the doom & gloom is downright doom & gloom

• party
Reactions: Sircaw

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I dont mind it. I prefer normal mode way more, but once in awhile its ok. It kind makes sure people work as a team
I get the intent behind why they thought no respawns would make teams work together but that's risky as personally... I hate running around in a full parties in online games as most times there's no challenge or people end up quitting if they getting stomped.

I think at least each team having 1 respawn per round would have been better as, I've played games where the objective wasn't even started before my team or the other team got wiped out almost fully.

Hoping they raise the Trophy Hunter total to 50 as well.

Reactions: Kokoloko

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I get the intent behind why they thought no respawns would make teams work together but that's risky as personally... I hate running around in a full parties in online games as most times there's no challenge or people end up quitting if they getting stomped.

I think at least each team having 1 respawn per round would have been better as, I've played games where the objective wasn't even started before my team or the other team got wiped out almost fully.

Hoping they raise the Trophy Hunter total to 50 as well.
My issue with that mode is having to pick different characters. It's a fun mode until it isn't.

I enjoy this game but I think it has ways to go. And I never give any game more than month of consistent play, so I'm hardly the base their looking for in this type of game

Reactions: Danja1187

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Not a single shred of concord discussion, how it could be better,

1 - Fire the idiots who are responsible for the character designs;

2 - Hire Shift Up to revamp all character designs;

3 - Ignore the wrath and meltdown from resetera and the gaming media;

4 - Swim in revenue.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023

@Ico something about me loosing the culture war again or something like that i suppose

these are the people Sony is going up to, the PC community won't accept woke stuff, TLOUP2 will probably have mostly negative reviews when it releases on Steam

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Having the open Beta when College Football launches is certainly a choice but any game that helps bury this dogwater is welcome, Never would I have imagined myself to cheer lead an EA sports title but here we are lol.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Having the open Beta when College Football launches is certainly a choice but any game that helps bury this dogwater is welcome, Never would I have imagined myself to cheer lead an EA sports title but here we are lol.

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
NCAA is arguably the biggest launch of the year.

It had zero effect on Concord.