Concord Beta Impressions (Starts At 10AM PST / 1PM EST / 12PM CST)

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Have played three matches so far and the game is fine but nothing has caused me to jump off of my chair either. The shooting is good but the game definitely has a slow movement to it that for my taste could use a bit more speed. Time to kill definitely needs more tweaking and those tank characters are a bit OP. The UI needs some serious tweaking too. Specifically, icons and text need to be bigger. The mini map is too small for my liking and the L1 and R1 icons for your abilities are barely noticeable on screen. I think this game coming in as $40 plus having the season passes be free is a smart move. Overall, more beta events is needed cause this game will live or die depending on how much tweaking will be done based on what people want tweak from playing the beta.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Actually someone should make a poll for whether this beta convinced them to pre-order the game, the game is decent but not worth paying 40$

Al Catone

Whiskers
Staff member
18 Jun 2024
That has already been taken care of.. Please continue to discuss or the next derails just going to have this thread locked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sircaw

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Actually someone should make a poll for whether this beta convinced them to pre-order the game, the game is decent but not worth paying 40$
Im preordering. Gameplay is good and its something I can jump into for a few hours a week. Campaign would of made it way better.

It’s been awhile since I payed £35 for game, so its kinda refreshing compared to £70. £29.99 would of been a better price.
If we had old school prices then this would be £24.99, which would be a fair price.

But then again £70 for any game is too much so £35 is fair in todays market.

• Informative

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Im preordering. Gameplay is good and its something I can jump into for a few hours a week. Campaign would of made it way better.

It’s been awhile since I payed £35 for game, so its kinda refreshing compared to £70. £29.99 would of been a better price.
If we had old school prices then this would be £24.99, which would be a fair price.

But then again £70 for any game is too much so £35 is fair in todays market.
Just out of curiosity, did you think this game would have griefing in it like people purposely going afk? I remember playing League of Legends many, many years ago. I understand it's not the same type of game, but in principle, people were so toxic that they used to sit in base refusing to help or just quitting, leaving the team a player down.

I wonder what systems they have in place to address this, will single players who are queing be allowed to join the game? Have you witnessed or expressed this while playing?

Reactions: Kokoloko

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Need to be able to see the names of people who voted to make sure its not just the doomers mass voting.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Havn't played as much yesterday due to Euros but racked up 10 hours over the weekend. After It-Z been playing lot of Teo and yeah feeling him, double roll getting speed buffs when running makes him quite mobile and realising he has multiple (smoke/) grenades which you can replenish by killing enemies by picking up the ''trophies'' changed the gameplay for me. Tonight gonna invest some game time on another character, glad they extended it tbh. Yeah have to say convinced of keeping my pre-order for 35 euro.

Just out of curiosity, did you think this game would have griefing in it like people purposely going afk? I remember playing League of Legends many, many years ago. I understand it's not the same type of game, but in principle, people were so toxic that they used to sit in base refusing to help or just quitting, leaving the team a player down.

I wonder what systems they have in place to address this, will single players who are queing be allowed to join the game? Have you witnessed or expressed this while playing?
Edit: mistunderstood. No noticed nothing in that manner in my games of grief or toxicity. Only a handful of games people started to leave either against good opponents or a team of solo's vs a squad of free gunners with good synergy. Did notice you can turn the tides if you take in a more supportive role against those. And if you are with 2 remaining I just left. Didn't see anyone fill in or joined a game halfway. Nothing comes close to League toxicity haha, it's nothing like that.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

So far I havent noticed anyone join a game and just sit in the base. Ive had few people quit when things dont go there way but Ive had that in loads of online games.
Hopefully the community will be more like Helldivers, I tend to find console games have a less toxic environment for some reason. From my limited experience compared to most online gamers. I mostly play offline but have probably put 4-5k hours in online games, maybe more. Games like Destiny, PSO, Final Fantasy Online, MGS4/5, COD+Zombies, Rocket League, Killzone, Factions, Ghost of Tsushima etc

Im guessing they will have to allow people to join midgame if people drop out

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I know maybe the game doesn't really explain it better....

But people only playing directly the matches are doing it wrong imo.
The game was setup to you create a crew and setup perks to each switch of character you do.
You will see the game become better that way.

Maybe that article explain it better:

But in simple terms each character you setup a perk will make it a permanent perk in the match after you switch to another character.
For example if you have a Roka with Increase Mobility perk and used her at the start of the match... after you die and choose another character (it can be Roka with another perk too... it is limited to three vairant of the same character) that perk will be always active until the end of the match.
So if you keep dying let's say 5 times in a match and you sifted all time to another character with perks then after these 5 dies you will have 5 active perks in the match that allow you to be more powerful than what you started.

image-2024-07-12T174859.103.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
About the word of mouth in social media what I see so far is...

- People that only care about the game are praising it.
- People that cares about the DEI buzzwords are vocal trashing the game... these guys will hate the game no matter if the game is good or bad.

It is being very mixed.

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
  • sad
Reactions: 2spooky5me

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
About the word of mouth in social media what I see so far is...

- People that only care about the game are praising it.
- People that only about DEI buzzwords are vocal trashing the game... these guys will hate the game no matter if the game is good or bad.

It is being very mixed.

🤷‍♂️
Mixed indeed. I really enjoyed the time I had, wish more agreed but that's just how it works with these types of games.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
So managed to get back home for the final hour of the beta and I genuinely can't wait to play it again this weekend.

Some issues I hope they can address by launch or shortly after.

- The constant quitting, it literally throws off the entire balance of a match. So backfill should become a thing and some sorta penalty for quitters on their cards that can be publicly seen lol.

- Takedown / Trophy Hunter modes needs a buff to 50 kills. The matches are far too short and things get intense only for it to suddenly end.

- The respawning system needs to be tweaked, maybe get a buddy system in place and allow members to spawn on team mates once they aren't in the heat of action. Really dumb to be spawning especially the tanks on the other side of the map during a TDM match, given their traveral speed.

- Hopefully they allow teams to be able to stay together after matches instead of constantly throwing everyone back to the menu screen. I've been in so many good lobbies and then you just lose access to those players after the match.

- Character Balancing needs to be addressed. And I still stand the fact everyone character needs to have a secondary weapon. There's no reason why a character like "It-z" doesn't have one... Relying on her to use her ability to get super-charged is ridiculous... As often times you're not staring down just one enemy at a time, you're gonna get outclassed and slaughtered even with her mobility advantage.... The support characters are even at a bigger disadvantage at times.

- Quite disappointed by the map designs given the world they are attempting portray. The planets looks cool at the start of the match, but the maps are just so run of the mill and unimaginative.

But just some of my qualms, the game was a solid 8/10 from my playthrough. I hope the objective based mode we will get this weekend will be better. Literally nobody was playing that No-Respawn mode... Hope they took notice.

Also I think the soundtrack is quite good.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
So managed to get back home for the final hour of the beta and I genuinely can't wait to play it again this weekend.

Some issues I hope they can address by launch or shortly after.

- The constant quitting, it literally throws off the entire balance of a match. So backfill should become a thing and some sorta penalty for quitters on their cards that can be publicly seen lol.

- Takedown / Trophy Hunter modes needs a buff to 50 kills. The matches are far too short and things get intense only for it to suddenly end.

- The respawning system needs to be tweaked, maybe get a buddy system in place and allow members to spawn on team mates once they aren't in the heat of action. Really dumb to be spawning especially the tanks on the other side of the map during a TDM match, given their traveral speed.

- Hopefully they allow teams to be able to stay together after matches instead of constantly throwing everyone back to the menu screen. I've been in so many good lobbies and then you just lose access to those players after the match.

- Character Balancing needs to be addressed. And I still stand the fact everyone character needs to have a secondary weapon. There's no reason why a character like "It-z" doesn't have one... Relying on her to use her ability to get super-charged is ridiculous... As often times you're not staring down just one enemy at a time, you're gonna get outclassed and slaughtered even with her mobility advantage.... The support characters are even at a bigger disadvantage at times.

But just some of my qualms, the game was a solid 8/10 from my playthrough. I hope the objective based mode we will get this weekend will be better. Literally nobody was playing that No-Respawn mode... Hope they took notice.

Also I think the soundtrack is quite good.
Agreed with everything here. And yeah, hopefully a decent OBJ mode next weekend. The character who can throw health and shields really REALLY needs a nerf.

Weird thing is I feel like most people who played liked it a lot. Maybe next weekend more players will come?

Reactions: Danja1187

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Agreed with everything here. And yeah, hopefully a decent OBJ mode next weekend. The character who can throw health and shields really REALLY needs a nerf.

Weird thing is I feel like most people who played liked it a lot. Maybe next weekend more players will come?
Yup I played a match where my entire team went into a room and their were sheilds and health pods everywhere, the enemy team literally couldn't penetrate us even when multiple tank characters entered they were slaughtered. Perhaps a slightly longer cool down? For their ability

And I think more people on PC will definitely come onboard as for PS5, we can only hope. Sony needs to push the beta into everyone's notifications tab for visibility, perhaps.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
PvE coming soon
Good news for me. Hopefully they get creative with how they tackle this, lots of potential for them given the Sci-Fi world... They can go crazy with their co-op execution and will definitely help with the story lore

Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
PvE coming soon
They had said the game will have a story mode with bots at launch… not sure if that PVE is new or this story mode.

Great news anyway.