Concord will offer Free Heroes and Updates | Firewalker Studios reportedly ignoring fan criticism

OP
OP
TigerFang

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
I am not at all opposed to live service titles as long as they have accessible features and in-game servers, not server locked to your PS account.

I actually think PS needs more first party live service shooters & stuff.

What do yall think of this price?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Does this game have micro-transactions it in, like skins and battle passes etc, if it does I think it should be free.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Neversummer

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Does this game have micro-transactions it in, like skins and battle passes etc, if it does I think it should be free.
Helldivers 2 has microtransactions, like skins and their equivalent to battle passes (warbonds), do you also think it should be free?

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I feel like that even with a lower price point, its contemporaries within the space are pretty much started F2P or moved to F2P.
We'll just have to see how this all pans out.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
As someone who was optimistic for Concord, at $40 its DOA. Don’t see why people will drop other hero shooters that are free for one that has a higher barrier. These hero shooter games thrives in having your friends squad up & play usually cause it’s competitive so at $40 the barrier to get a friend to drop other hero shooter & invest time & $ on Concord is a tough ask. Also Concord is PVP only there’s not even a PVE component.

Valves hero shooter will be F2P, Marvel Rivals will be F2P, Xdefiant just release & is F2P, Marathon will likely be F2P if not it will be $40 or full price & GT6 is soon to release with its online component in 2025

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Helldivers 2 has microtransactions, like skins and their equivalent to battle passes (warbonds), do you also think it should be free?
Because Helldivers 2 is a PVE game $40 is fine but Concord being only a PVP game at $40 is a tough buy (new ip aswell).

Valorant F2P
Overwatch F2P
Apex Legends F2P
Valve new hero shorter will likely be F2P
Xdefiant F2P

Most if not all of these PVP hero shooter games are free to play. Idk I think charging $40 is a mistake especially for a hero shooters that’s PVP only you want as many people to try the game & build a community & monetize through battlepass & cosmetics. You can only do that in these current gaming landscape being F2P outside the established franchises

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I feel like it'll flop since the market for hero shooters is saturated but if they have enough pull from the cinematic narrative content it could build a following. I'm not optimistic though.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I feel like it'll flop since the market for hero shooters is saturated but if they have enough pull from the cinematic narrative content it could build a following. I'm not optimistic though.
It’s not that it’s saturated this month a new a hero shooter release that is having succes (Xdefiant) but it’s the fact Concord a pvp hero shooter is priced $40 while other hero shooter like Valorant, XDefiant, Apex, Overwatch, Valves new hero shooter will likely be F2P so Concord is competing w hero shooters that are F2P while being price at $40. Maybe if Concord had a PVE component $40 wouldn’t be bad but even then Concord should be F2P & people who purchase the special edition gets the PVE component (if it had one just like Overwatch 2 was gonna sell the PVE component while the base PVP was F2P)

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Because why? If this is anything like Helldivers 2 hardly anyone will buy content because they will be able to earn most if it in game with ease. Sony is very smartly leveraging their hardware and PlayStation Plus subscription to offer lower priced live service games with AAA quality. Sony would rather charge $39.99 and not have players feel pressured to spend on mtx because they are using their live service games to drive PlayStation Plus subs. They are ok with only charging you $39.95 for the game and giving content away for free because you're going to spend $80 to renew your PlayStation Plus subscription to keep playing the live service game you're addicted to. See how that works? Business is business and I approve of Sony's strategy.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I love how some people talk about f2p as if being f2p is a good thing. It's a cancer of the industry. Overwatch 2 being f2p made the game worse not better. Also it's on decline now.
This! Ftp games are shallow and are light on content to be profitable. No pressure to mtx your playerbase to death when everyone is spending $40 to play your game. Xdefiant is ftp, I have nearly 25 hours in and haven't given them a dime and I wont be anytime soon with that weak ass battlepass they got. I would've rather people have to pay for the game so the devs have more money to create more content and faster.