Concord will offer Free Heroes and Updates | Firewalker Studios reportedly ignoring fan criticism

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
screenshot-2024-06-05-at-11-36-12-concord-reveal-cinematic-trailer-ps5-games.jpg

The Playstation Australia store page states the following:
  • Game is launching with 6 PvP game modes, mixture of objective and respawn based.
  • Heroes can unlock unique modifiers to change their gameplay
  • Post-launch heroes, game modes, maps/worlds and weekly cinematic vignettes will be free of cost
  • Daily and weekly challenges to unlock items for heroes
  • $40 for Standard and $60 for Deluxe offering 72h early access and some skins
Source: https://store.playstation.com/en-au/concept/10002695

Sources tell me internal emails show the Concord team is shrugging off the criticism of their characters as "white noise," and dismissing it. Very much in their own bubble.

On another note, notorious user @Grummz claims that some of his sources that Firewalker Studios is ignoring the negative player criticism of the game, but take the information with a grain of salt.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Neversummer

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I love how some people talk about f2p as if being f2p is a good thing. It's a cancer of the industry. Overwatch 2 being f2p made the game worse not better. Also it's on decline now.
Not only that but so many supposedly despise MTX and nickle and diming but somehow wants Sony to go that route with their games as well.

Sony really was dumb to not give this game its own SOP before putting it up for Pre-order. Like so many things were just done wrong to sabotage this game, it makes no sense.

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
Not only that but so many supposedly despise MTX and nickle and diming but somehow wants Sony to go that route with their games as well.

Sony really was dumb to not give this game its own SOP before putting it up for Pre-order. Like so many things were just done wrong to sabotage this game, it makes no sense.
Well Sony did position the game well in the State of Play, remember it was the 1st game shown and they spent the most time on this game, it's very memorable and its practically all people are talking about. Marketing team did their job.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i'm honestly not understanding the obsession with this game, people are hating on it without even playing the beta first, what if it's good? Helldivers 2 got free hate pre-release with people calling it generic GAAs game without even giving it a try, it's almost like people are trying to find reasons to complain about something just to end a game that hasn't even been released or played yet

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Well Sony did position the game well in the State of Play, remember it was the 1st game shown and they spent the most time on this game, it's very memorable and its practically all people are talking about. Marketing team did their job.
They didn't because there was no reason to start off with the character trailer and have it be longer than the actual gameplay reveal. Maybe they should have asked Naughty Dog how to make a multiplayer gameplay reveal trailer that can capture a game on a cinematic way while still showing you how it plays in under 3 minutes... I'm sure they would have told them to announce an open beta as well with the trailer lol... So many amateur missteps. The studio will pay dearly for it.

Nobody still knows anything about this game but you are asking them to give you $40 tomorrow 😫

That's how you sell a reveal.

• party
Reactions: 2spooky5me

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
i'm honestly not understanding the obsession with this game, people are hating on it without even playing the beta first, what if it's good? Helldivers 2 got free hate pre-release with people calling it generic GAAs game without even giving it a try, it's almost like people are trying to find reasons to complain about something just to end a game that hasn't even been released or played yet
1. Another generic Hero shooter.
2. "Woke" agenda.
3. Sony GaaS, core fans feel neglected

so, the game is being hit from multiple fronts.

I think the game (design and gameplay) will be better (because the expectations are so low) but I'm not sure if it's going to be good enough and have legs at all.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Wouldn't be a game for me regardless but I hate the character design so much, it offends me that someone was paid to come up with this. Maybe chatGPT replacing artists isn't undeserved if this is the best they can do.

To think we went from a game like TF2 to this garbage so quickly. The original TF2 was a master class in character design, all of them easily recognizable and unique.

The original Concord trailer was so misleading, it had a decent vibe and I just figured it was going to be a GaaS about spaceships and exploration.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

No , people with a brain just know this game will have a price tag to play it & then be monetized like a free to play game at the same time 🤣

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Lots of free to play games have plenty of free skins , modes & updates
I've never seen Sony handle a multiplayer game in the same sense you are saying. It could happen but at this point, we don't know? So what's the point in even discussing an assumption?

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Concord is really getting it from the general public, it's not quite hard to see why.
It's another hero shooter in a sea of GaaS titles, but it also has that dialogue style that is increasingly met with hostility as well. Basically, each title that will feature things that "people" hate will get increased scrutiny over time because the gaming space wants developers to "learn" from their feedback that they don't want it.

Chasing trends is feels "okay" to people the first few times, but not the 20th time.

Honestly, I don't get mad when things aren't for me. I just engage with things that actually tickle my fancy.
Too much "it is not only that that I hate something, but I need to convince others should to" mentality on the interwebz.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
On another note, notorious user @Grummz claims that some of his sources that Firewalker Studios is ignoring the negative player criticism of the game, but take the information with a grain of salt.
This dude just makes up shit to grift & monetize interaction.

He doesn’t has email from firewalk studios. To think this rando who’s is known in the gaming industry to be a grifter & get internal emails is comical.

Ig stirring the pot. Honestly Sony should hit em w a defamation lawsuit. It’s cool to not like concord but to make up lies is lame especially when this guy was never going to buy or play the game.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
The original Concord trailer was so misleading, it had a decent vibe and I just figured it was going to be a GaaS about spaceships and exploration.
I thought Concord was gonna be something like Stars wars battlefront 2 conquest or the OG Star wars battlefront / where you people shooting each other in the ground aswell as being able to fly ships do air combat or get inside the big air ships & destroy it from the inside. I always though it would be a hero shooter but different gameplay

• sad
Reactions: Nhomnhom