Console wars are over. Microsoft ramping up 3rd party development. |UP| Chris Dring: Xbox flatlining in EU, Xbox games coming to PS & less focus on GP

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024

Because the console wars are done. They're over. Sony won and has won for the better part of 25 years. I know it. You know it. Microsoft knows it. Microsoft is going to release their games day one eventually on Sony and/or Nintendo platforms and the sooner they rip off the band aid, the better. Seeing rumors of this and that every few months which is what it will continue to be is honestly fucking retarded. Xbox fans should accept it and move on. PlayStation/Nintendo fans should enjoy it and that's it.

For me personally, I simply have way more positives and benefits on Xbox than I do on PlayStation and exclusivity isn't what's going to keep me in your eco-system. On Xbox, I have Game Pass, Ubisoft+, free cloud saves, backwards compatibility, the ability to use the Xbox One controller which is the best controller ever made in my opinion because it's a normal controller with no gimmicks or bullshit to it, feels great and just works plus they have a good refund policy which I do use every year because why wouldn't I?

In other words, I'll easily sacrifice exclusivity for Microsoft's games and in general for Xbox if it means that I get everything else that I want, all of which are far more important to be and worth more to me than exclusivity will ever be.

Of course, im a subscription guy, don't care about ownership or collections and starting with Visions of Mana, going fully digital.

After all of that, all I care about are the games im interested in being good or better for me personally. People on other platforms getting to play say Doom The Dark Ages or perhaps Indiana Jones day one isn't going to change if I love/hate the game or am in the middle. It has literally no impact whatsoever.

That's just where im at in 2025 with gaming. I have done my rants, temper tantrums, etc. for many many decades on both sides (actually three if you include Nintendo) and im just getting too tired to give a fuck about any of the business related bullshit. Just give me the games where I want to play them and make sure they're good or better at release. That's all I care about anymore when it comes to gaming.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Timed exclusives are a pain but it would be suicide if Xbox said they were delaying the release of the Xbox version as the PS5 version was delayed. Xbox need to drop PC day and date. Xbox games are exclusives for 3/6 months and then on PC afterwards. They killed a need to own an Xbox with Day and Date. Any multiplayer games, day 1 PC makes sense for numbers.

After acquiring ABK, it's no longer Spencer/Booty/Bond running any damn thing. It's Nadella/Hood/Stuart and like the shareholders/investors, they want their fucking $70B+ investment back as quickly as possible. If that means pissing off Xbox fans, loyalists or just doing stupid shit which let's be honest is what hey normally do anyway (lol), so be it.

I will be day one for next gen Xbox console because it's where I prefer to play my games. It's that simple. Reasons are posted in the previous reply. Unless Microsoft eliminates the stuff that benefits me, im not going anywhere because I get way too many benefits and value that im sorry, Sony and Nintendo just don't give me. At least not at this present time.

As for the Xbox brand, it's basically decreasing with every generation, having full exclusivity isn't going to change anything and even if it were to, it would be minimal at best. It's just not worth it anymore. Microsoft wants more revenue and profit. Releasing their games on other platforms especially day one is one of the many ways that they will accomplish that.

I have accepted it all. Like Al Bundy, im done. lol

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
Because the console wars are done. They're over. Sony won and has won for the better part of 25 years.
Video Games Nintendo GIF by nomalles

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
@KvallyX

I meant strictly between PlayStation/Xbox but even with Nintendo, Sony has been overall far more dominant than Nintendo in the last soon to be 30 years. Nintendo Wii U was a fucking disaster, Nintendo 64 and Gamecube was mediocre at best while Wii was a joke but sold extremely well. Switch in my opinion is by far Nintendo's best console since SNES which is my all time favorite Nintendo system. While on Sony's side, their worst was PlayStation 3 which still sold almost 90m units so if that's their "worst", good luck to everyone else. lmao

Reactions: Kokoloko