Console wars are over. Microsoft ramping up 3rd party development. |UP| Chris Dring: Xbox flatlining in EU, Xbox games coming to PS & less focus on GP

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Which ones? About next Xbox game is coming to PS?

Yeah in the Xbox thread

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Yeah in the Xbox thread

He surely didn't expect it will blew out of proportion

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
My theory: The leaks the first time around probably got so out of control and widespread that it permanently damaged whatever traction Xbox hardware had. Not that going third party wasn’t the plan, but more like it wasn’t supposed to become viral news. So now MS themselves want to control the message.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Which one? Was it the one where, for vrownie points, he called out his 3 year old son for being racist and said that Batman is a black man.

That was him? I remember reading about that and how strange it was to talk about his son like that to the internet. Especially considering the child's young age.

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Jizz conman saying he thinks there is a large chance it's indiana jones.

That would be hilarious, effectively takes away a Xbox console exclusive this year. Probably the biggest exclusive they have this year aswell.

• brain
Reactions: laynelane

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven

That would be hilarious, effectively takes away a Xbox console exclusive this year. Probably the biggest exclusive they have this year aswell.
Yeah, probably. But I don't see that as a major title. It always felt like multiplat, just like whatever Bethesda does next. A major game for me would be a core xbox title, like Halo or Gears.

Reactions: toadsage44

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

If it is Disney got paid more for no change to the original agreement. 😂😂😂

Spencer is some dopey fraud.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Yeah, probably. But I don't see that as a major title. It always felt like multiplat, just like whatever Bethesda does next. A major game for me would be a core xbox title, like Halo or Gears.
Yeah it probably isn't major like halo or gears would be as those are tentpole titles for Xbox.

But losing the biggest console exclusive this years is gonna sting.

Reactions: toadsage44

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

If that's true, it would also be funny for another reason. After acquiring Zenimax, MS negotiated with Disney to not release on PS and Disney agreed:

The terms of Disney’s agreement with Bethesda were renegotiated after Microsoft acquired the studio’s parent company, ZeniMax Media, for $7.5 billion in 2021.

Disney’s head of gaming, Sean Shoptaw, told Axios: With “Xbox still being one of the bigger marketplaces for games, we didn’t feel like we were going to be overly exclusionary. We felt like it’s still going to reach a broad set of folks, and we felt, financially and strategically for the game, that made sense at the time.”

Source.

Given Xbox's current situation, the "bigger marketplaces" line really stands out. Personally, I'm just enjoying watching Phil having to walk it back. The absolute arrogance of trying to spend the competition out of business deserves the results we see today - and the continued mockery of those who attempted it and those who cheered for it.

24 Jun 2022
My theory: The leaks the first time around probably got so out of control and widespread that it permanently damaged whatever traction Xbox hardware had. Not that going third party wasn’t the plan, but more like it wasn’t supposed to become viral news. So now MS themselves want to control the message.

Probable, but the damage is already done.

Shouldn't even say "damage" because this is what MS wants to do in the long-term; they just didn't want everything to be so known, accepted so openly, so soon.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Indiana Jones.

Announced at Gamescom.

So not day one but a couple months after.

I bet Avowed will be day one on PS5 though and that's why it got delayed.

MSFS2024 day one on PS5.

Starfail "gOtY eDiTiOn" on PS5 too.

Hellblade 2 port probably in development as we speak.

Everything is going as planned.