OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Some can’t understand the conviniente of the consoles.

Even if all games are on PC day one I will still be a console only gamer.
True but I still believe there is some nuance to be discussed here... Consoles must expand and some real exclusives are in my opinion necessary, even essential to result in healthy growth.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
And a big part of that is choices... A series of bad choices.

It could be a vibrant platform if they had remained true to their identity during the 360.

Xbox is dying because Microsoft can't manage 1st party dev studios after the X360 era.

Not because they "lost the XBone gen", not because of the TV TV Sports launch, not because of Don Mattrick (who actually knew how to manage 1st party studios). It's going to die because of Phil Spencer and team's massive incompetence at running dev studios, and because Microsoft let him be in charge of the brand for over a decade.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Some can’t understand the conviniente of the consoles.

Even if all games are on PC day one I will still be a console only gamer.
you will, but a whole new generation is all about PC, that's why you see games like Helldivers 2 and Black Myth Wukong selling more on PC than on Console

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
True but I still believe there is some nuance to be discussed here... Consoles must expand and some real exclusives are in my opinion necessary, even essential to result in healthy growth.
Yeap… I believe exclusivity should exists.

But I don’t think the lack of it will make console players move to PC… the ones that will move are these that already play in both platforms.

And I will be bold now.

There are more chance that console players migrate to portable or mobile than PC.

More MS going OEM Xbox machines will sell less than Xbox dedicates hardware… each OEM will like at best 2-3 million machines.

Last edited:
Reactions: voke and Bryank75

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
they won't die but the marketshare will shrink, i can't see PS6 surpassing the 100M mark
Console marketshare is growing, not shrinking. PC on the other hand...

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I said that before but some, including market analysts like Mat, see the drop in Xbox sales as a overall drop of all players lol

The console industry is growing…at the same time one of it players is dying 🤷‍♂️

That big PC grow everybody says since decades ago never happened.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yep, as long as this invention called the television exist, so will consoles.
That is indeed a great point.

TV will always be there are living and bed rooms.
And the most probably substitute to TVs are the smaller screens aka phones and tablets.

Even people will continue having TVs on living and bed rooms.

That won’t probably change in the next century or more.

And like you said… while you have TVs you have consoles.

Reactions: AllBizness

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023

what part of wherever there is computing, our games will be you didn't understand?

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
they will die if Xbox & PS continues to port there exclusive games to PC/Steam.

Steam is already the defacto PC gaming platform & with it getting both Xbox & PS games while also having PC exclusive & there own Steam first party exclusive I wouldn’t put it past Valve becoming the defacto gaming platform across all forms (PC, Console/Mobile & VR) everything you need in gaming is already under Valve/Steam

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Etifilio

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
you will, but a whole new generation is all about PC, that's why you see games like Helldivers 2 and Black Myth Wukong selling more on PC than on Console
Also there’s PC that are in the form facto of a console. Steamdeck is a machine with many options unlike traditional consoles. Also Steamdeck can play Xbox & PS games + PC exclusive games & Steam first party exclusive.

PC has the luxury of not having to reset due to the nature of PC

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Also there’s PC that are in the form facto of a console. Steamdeck is a machine with many options unlike traditional consoles. Also Steamdeck can play Xbox & PS games + PC exclusive games & Steam first party exclusive.

PC has the luxury of not having to reset due to the nature of PC
And Steam Deck sold like what... 3 million units?
BTW Steam Deck has nothing in common with a console... it is a PC and like it exist a lot (it was not even the first in the PC market).