CORRECTING MISINFORMATION On incorrect interpretations from Sony/PlayStation's FY2023 Q3 Report from an analyst.

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Normally I'd be agreeing with your posts but it's really kinda cringe to see you stoop to this level of delusion to defend a corporation that dug their own grave (sales wise).
They were still up like 200% or 300% in some markets but they needed to be like up 500%+ everywhere? That's just ridiculous. You don't usually see people making bets and polls about shipping targets. This was the most talked about shipping target ever. Totally abnormal situation.

My comment was about Sony's offering and Final Fantasy 16 alone doesn't make up for their shit offering from PlayStation? They released more games for PC than they did for their own hardware.

PSVR2 should have never happened, a money sink and it will be discontinued sooner than later
2023 was an extremely busy year for games in general but people only count Sony first-party, as if they need to carry the whole industry on their shoulders. PSVR doesn't count, 3rd-party doesn't count, timed-exclusive doesn't count, GAAS doesn't count. Yeah If you eliminate everything than there's no reason to buy a PS5, you're right 👍

I get that exclusives are important but you would think Sony is the only publisher in the world and without them there's nothing to play 🙄

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
It's not whataboutism's? You literally stated Sony needs to do a better job with release cadence, community ect. I pointed out that they do community events for EVO.

I agreed with you that they should do more events similar to PSX at least do one or two a year. I'm not damage controlling. I added more context to your post. And agreed with a lot of your points?

Not saying 2023 was amazing for them, but also as PS5 and PC player there was so much to play I understand if maybe they shifted things. I mean look at how stacked 2024 is in first couple months and a lot of it is partnered/Playstation Published titles? Helldivers 2 is basically first party since they payed for its development/Published it and own the IP. We know they have at least 1 or 2 more titles to release this year. I think that their communication is what is complete shit in my honest opinion.

Going silent for a long ass time and then having a luke warm showcase last year definitely hurt them with fans. But I would say the shift they have done in showing things closer to release, and teasing some titles that are 12+ bound is fine. i just wish they just communicated it a little more.
They bought EVO and I said with or without Sony EVO would still exist. They have an obligation to do EVO. It really does not count in the context of what I was saying pertaining to reaching out to their gaming audience. They have pulled back on everything.

2024 has been stacked yes that was never up for debate but the dissection is about 2023 and why they failed last year to reach their sales targets?

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
They were still up like 200% or 300% in some markets but they needed to be like up 500%+ everywhere? That's just ridiculous. You don't usually see people making bets and polls about shipping targets. This was the most talked about shipping target ever. Totally abnormal situation.

2023 was an extremely busy year for games in general but people only count Sony first-party, as if they need to carry the whole industry on their shoulders. PSVR doesn't count, 3rd-party doesn't count, timed-exclusive doesn't count, GAAS doesn't count. Yeah If you eliminate everything than there's no reason to buy a PS5, you're right 👍

I get that exclusives are important but you would think Sony is the only publisher in the world and without them there's nothing to play 🙄

Them being up in many markets was expected since the console was not available in mass in sed markets? A
The situation wasn't abnormal, they are the ones that brought so much attention to it? Kept telling shareholders and media they have the stock now, "unprecedented demand", "expect to fully surpass PS4 launch aligned this year"..."aim to be at 63 million" by end of Q4"... But sure... poor ole Sony got set up by the huge expectations everyone placed on them 😂

Because first party is the differentiator? Majority of the times. Sony 3rd party deals most times are not system sellers anymore. Final Fantasy 16 came and went, PSVR2 did it ever arrive? Literally nobody cares or buying that. Nobody is eliminating anything except you here. But clearly they dropped the ball last year with their own first party offerings... There's still plenty reasons to own a PS5... It's just didn't come from PlayStation lol. You can't be giving away all your elusive Tentpole content while not resupplying the pool with newer ones... But what do I know? Sony is never wrong for you 😬

You can't devalue your product and expect record sales. You aren't giving PS4 owners a reason to upgrade especially when they see PS5 games aren't even exclusive anymore... Greed has rotted the company and they have lost their way.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
❌Misinformation #4) 'Sony is killing the PS5 they already said it's in its latter stages. PlayStation has no games'

🔵Truth #4) The statement that was used was that the PS5 is beginning the Latter Half of its console lifecycle which is correct. A console's lifecycle is typically 8 years. PS5 released in 2020 it is now 2024. It is about to enter Phase 2 of its games and lifecycle but just to ease everyone's worries... The BEST 1st Party games on every Console come in the second half of that console's lifecycle. Almost all of the best games on PS4 came out after 4 years of it bein

The "source" of this misinformation is familiar. Mochizuki has successfully used his platform again to spread Misinformation. I don't understand why Sony isn't doing anything about this

Last edited:

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Generations used to be 6 or 7 years. Ps360 was a longer generation than usual.

3 years would be half way through.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
The "source" of this misinformation is familiar. Mochizuki has successfully used his platform again to spread Misinformation. I don't understand why Sony isn't doing anything about this

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

alright 2024 give me:
Killzone trilogy remastered (Playable in PSVR 2)
Resistance Trilogy remastered (Playable in PSVR 2)
Jak and Daxter reboot
Sony Bends new game
PlayStation All-Star's 2
Tokyo Jungle Remastered
Gravity Rush 3
Ghost of Tsushima 2
Sly Cooper The sly collection
Bluepoint's remake of Ico
Blue points new IP
Spider Man 2 DLC
Resident Evil 4 Remake Remake
Resident Evil 4 Remake Remake Gold Edition
Astrobot 2
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Cloud's PSVR 2 fishing adventures
and Sony do what ever you have to to get a Half Life Alyx PSVR 2 port

• Heart
Reactions: Kokoloko

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

The only time I can think of when Sony publicly corrected misinformation was during the ABK acquisition.

That was done in direct response to Phil lying about CoD on PS to the public.

"I hadn’t intended to comment on what I understood to be a private business discussion, but I feel the need to set the record straight because Phil Spencer brought this into the public forum," Ryan said.

At the time, Phil was saying they offered several more years beyond the current contract. In reality, it was only three years.

It would seem Sony just doesn't feel the need to address individuals on Twitter, perhaps they don't think it will impact their bottom line. In truth, if they did address all the lies and astroturfing, they would probably need to hire full-time staff just for that at this point.

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

It's been a week and total silence from Sony. They literally don't care about anything these FUD spreaders say about them, even if it affects their stock price 🤦‍♂️

This is why MS and these professional haters continue attacking Sony relentlessly.

Helldivers is a breakout hit, destroying everything in its path and not even a tweet from Sony. It's like they don't even care they released it. I have never seen a company like that in my life 🤦‍♂️🤦

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Reactions: laynelane

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
It's been a week and total silence from Sony. They literally don't care about anything these FUD spreaders say about them, even if it affects their stock price 🤦‍♂️

This is why MS and these professional haters continue attacking Sony relentlessly.

Why does Mochizuki get to get away with everything?

It’s crazy how misinformation can spread like wildfire. All of these journalists not doing their due diligence and checking whether these are facts before posting. I do not understant why doesn't Sony correct misinformation like this.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
So they lost 10 billions and they didn't bother to clarify the situation 🤦‍♂️

I think Playstation was still paying the Bungie acquisition so that would explain why the margin was so low.

Something similar happened when Nintendo announced the delay for Switch 2.

As well, I believe the reason Sony's stock dropped is because they did say something - the business report and, particularly, the cutting down of the sales forecast for PS5. It seems like major news like this and the Switch 2 delay can have a significant impact.

I think you're right about the Bungie acquisition. It makes a lot of sense, actually.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Generations used to be 6 or 7 years. Ps360 was a longer generation than usual.

3 years would be half way through.
Sony home consoles always had a 10 years support cycle plan, some getting games a handful years after that. So he's right mentioning that on its 5th year PS5 starts its latter half.

Also, the yearly sales of a console make a curve, with the Sony ones traditionally peaking around the 4th. So it's safe to assume that around the 5th it will start to fall.

The only time I can think of when Sony publicly corrected misinformation was during the ABK acquisition.
Sony publicly debunked his lies multiple times. As an example with the early PSVR2 sales, that according to him were underperforming and were like half of the ones that Sony later shared. Or when he said that Sony planned to discontinue PS4 in 2021 but later produced more units because of the lack of PS5 supply: Sony said that they didn't discontinue in 2021 PS4 and didn't plans to do it that year, PS4 simply had supply issues like PS5 due to lack of components, so they were producing what they could at the time.

Nintendo also debunked him many things. I mean, remember he was constantly talking about a supposed "Switch Pro" that Nintendo was supposed to be making and was supposed to be released while ago.

Like Jason Shredded, this Mochizuki guy is full of shit and frequently lies, spreads FUD and misinformation about Sony and or tries to twist stuff to make look Sony as bad as possible. As in this case saying "latter stage of PS5" instead of "latter half of PS5".

Last edited:
Reactions: laynelane

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

alright 2024 give me:
Killzone trilogy remastered (Playable in PSVR 2)
Resistance Trilogy remastered (Playable in PSVR 2)
Jak and Daxter reboot
Sony Bends new game
PlayStation All-Star's 2
Tokyo Jungle Remastered
Gravity Rush 3
Ghost of Tsushima 2
Sly Cooper The sly collection
Bluepoint's remake of Ico
Blue points new IP
Spider Man 2 DLC
Resident Evil 4 Remake Remake
Resident Evil 4 Remake Remake Gold Edition
Astrobot 2
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Cloud's PSVR 2 fishing adventures
and Sony do what ever you have to to get a Half Life Alyx PSVR 2 port

Lol at RE4 Remake remake

But hell yes on Tokyo Junge remaster. That game needs a sequel.

Also Id take a Jak n Daxter sequel and remakes of the original trilogy. Same with Sly.
Remake of Ico would also be amazing

They should make a new KZ focused for online with the Remake trilogy (Finally hit that E3 trailer visuals lol )

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Helldivers is a breakout hit, destroying everything in its path and not even a tweet from Sony. It's like they don't even care they released it. I have never seen a company like that in my life 🤦‍♂️🤦

Its really weird. Maybe the new heads are MS shills lol. Its like communication with the fans doesnt exist anymore

• they're_right_you_know

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
It’s the devs that should interact with the fans really, it’s not a good idea for PlayStation to involve itself too deeply with delusional online communities.

There’s really no point to it, the products have to speak for themselves. The brand once it crosses a certain threshold, speaks for itself.

Once you start addressing online chatter often you become a slave.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It’s the devs that should interact with the fans really, it’s not a good idea for PlayStation to involve itself too deeply with delusional online communities.

There’s really no point to it, the products have to speak for themselves. The brand once it crosses a certain threshold, speaks for itself.

Once you start addressing online chatter often you become a slave.
This is true. But Im guessing the devs cant say anything else the upper management say they can. I know with NDA’s I cant mention anything Ive tested, even if its cancelled. I can only guess certain things have been cancelled because its been years since I tested them.

But events like E3, TGA and especially PS experience was a great to show a presence and communicate with fans. We are the ones buying the products after all.
Theres no downsides to these events compared to the upside.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
No need to be condescending and ask of he's AL. That is offensive
Sony home consoles always had a 10 years support cycle plan, some getting games a handful years after that. So he's right mentioning that on its 5th year PS5 starts its latter half.

Also, the yearly sales of a console make a curve, with the Sony ones traditionally peaking around the 4th. So it's safe to assume that around the 5th it will start to fall.
Are you AI?
The PS5 isn't 5 years old. Which you know because you confirm it in your second paragraph...

If Sony peaks at year 4 (this year) then that's a bad sign for PS5 as it missed its sales targets and the COO said it would also miss this year's targets.

If sales fall on year 5, then PS5 will be Xbox-in-Japan levels of success.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

I mostly mean the output of PS studios when I complain. I think the generation has be more than fine.
Most my gaming is 1st party studios, whether its Playstation or Nintendo because I just simply think they produce much better games.

Im there day 1 for games made by Kojima, FromSoft, Rockstar (RDR2), Capcom ( Resident Evils ), Nihon Falcon, Persona, and alot of Square stuff. I also have smaller studios I go for day 1 like Playdead and Zoink games.
And of course Ill buy certain games day 1 if I like the look of them, or if they are getting recommendations for from people who know what games I enjoy, like certain indies

Ill be adding Larian games to it too.

But to me PS studios, especially ND and Santa Monica are the cream of the crop. I just want to see more of what I love and thats PS studio games and Nintendo, as my time is more limited play. They are top quality

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Are you AI?
The PS5 isn't 5 years old. Which you know because you confirm it in your second paragraph...

If Sony peaks at year 4 (this year) then that's a bad sign for PS5 as it missed its sales targets and the COO said it would also miss this year's targets.

I think PS will have a huge year next year. More 1st party stuff plus GTA6.
If games like Persona 6, Dragon Quest and the Next main line Monster Hunter come out soon, it can make it a great year or 2 for PS5 in Japan. But I have a feeling Switch 2 will be able to play all of those too

• Informative
Reactions: xollowsob

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Are you AI?

Whatever quarter GTA6 comes out will be a good quarter for PS5, but if the PS5 yearly peak is truly in the lackluster 2023 then it will offically mean that PC has won the platform war. They get all of the exclusives now AAA games, which used to be the big differentiator between having a console or PC.

As soon as third party publishers by and large starting porting their AAA games to PC it was over for the growth of consoles.