(Correction) Toys for Bob office shutting down. Studio exists in some capacity. (Previous report based on article mistake)

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
There was a significantly larger reaction on reddit for Bungie laying off 100 people than there is this small studio laying off 86 people.

And all the Xbox fans just defend it by saying "stufio is not closed" whil ignoring the large amount of layoffs

Cant make this up
The energy when something happens to PlayStation is always way different than when something happens to Xbox on places like reddit and Resetera. I didn't know Xbox had this many cheerleaders and defenders until this gen. I guess they were all in hiding last gen and came crawling back out this gen thinking Xbox was going to win for sure.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The energy when something happens to PlayStation is always way different than when something happens to Xbox on places like reddit and Resetera. I didn't know Xbox had this many cheerleaders and defenders until this gen. I guess they were all in hiding last gen and came crawling back out this gen thinking Xbox was going to win for sure.
PlayStation fans are also more content overall with their purchase. There's no need for a rabbit 24/7 defense-astroturf force. Microsoft execs on the other hand has rewarded this gross behavior and emboldened them over the last decade. So it's become a grift for many.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
PlayStation fans are also more content overall with their purchase. There's no need for a rabbit 24/7 defense-astroturf force. Microsoft execs on the other hand has rewarded this gross behavior and emboldened them over the last decade. So it's become a grift for many.
that's so true. I never thought about it but these niche online communities like Era and Gaf are basically group therapy sessions for xbox owners because they know they can find fellow sufferers to commiserate with them.

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
There was a significantly larger reaction on reddit for Bungie laying off 100 people than there is this small studio laying off 86 people.

And all the Xbox fans just defend it by saying "stufio is not closed" whil ignoring the large amount of layoffs

Cant make this up
The outrage for those 100 people at Bungie was bigger than the 1900 at Activision. So many people were boycotting Destiny and cancelling the next expansion. I don't think Destiny will ever recover from that huge manufactured crisis. They must be scared to fire even 1 person.

COD is still selling and I didn't see any call to boycott COD or Diablo 😒

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 1154

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Last gen, people discovered that they can make money on social media by grifting off of fanboys and telling them what they want to hear, effectively turning the console war into a business.

Add on the fact that MS seems to directly encourage and reward people for being loud obnoxious fanboys on their behalf and you get the cesspool you see on gaming social media these days.

Last edited:

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
that's so true. I never thought about it but these niche online communities like Era and Gaf are basically group therapy sessions for xbox owners because they know they can find fellow sufferers to commiserate with them.
Yup! It's no coincidence this wasn't such a huge issue until Sony started slapping Xbox around properly after 2010. It just kept worse and worse.

I use to casually read GAF back then and this thread has always stayed with me and just showed the brewing resentment almost as if they were unanimously hoping for... PlayStation to be pushed out the industry *shocker* . Honestly I think the thread should always be referenced as to why vocal / loud online bubbles in gaming should never be taken seriously 🤣

Reactions: laynelane

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The outrage for those 100 people at Bungie was bigger than the 1900 at Activision. So many people were boycotting Destiny and cancelling the next expansion. I don't think Destiny will ever recover from that huge manufactured crisis. They must be scared to fire even 1 person.

COD is still selling and I didn't see any call to boycott COD or Diablo 😒
The aim is to taint Bungie and the push has been orchestrated from inside Xbox. Bungie has the potential to create yet another ... Destiny type success. All it takes is them landing the ship and with Playstation marketing machine (when they wanna be good), they stand to gain potentially further disrupt he GaaS playing field.

But Bungie is perfectly fine. I feel Gummer Bear project is the true killer app though, so we'll have to wait forever unfortunately.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Yup! It's no coincidence this wasn't such a huge issue until Sony started slapping Xbox around properly after 2010. It just kept worse and worse.

I use to casually read GAF back then and this thread has always stayed with me and just showed the brewing resentment almost as if they were unanimously hoping for... PlayStation to be pushed out the industry *shocker* . Honestly I think the thread should always be referenced as to why vocal / loud online bubbles in gaming should never be taken seriously 🤣

I only read a few comments on the first page, but almost every single one of them was dead wrong. I definitely see what you mean about vocal/loud online communities lol.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

This was before the Wii U launched. This was someone’s comment.

“I think Wii U is going to be the lead platform for multiplat games much like the PS2 was for games in its generation”. LMAO

Another Person said. “I think we will see Naughty Dog buying themselves back from Sony and becoming an independent studio at the first hint of trouble with PS4”. 🤣

Last edited: