(Correction) Toys for Bob office shutting down. Studio exists in some capacity. (Previous report based on article mistake)

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
This is extremely sad to see. Activision had many issues but to see the company slowly deteriorate isn't good and will have severe implications for everyone down the road.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It's weird because it looks like the office got shut down, but there are still people on that team.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
1707356829847.png

Good News:
Toys for Bob is not closing down.

Bad News:
Some were let go and they closed the physical office.

I don't think this means Toys for Bob is closed at all, and Jez quoted this tweet saying that he also has confirmation they are not closing down.

Source

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
View attachment 4118

Good News:
Toys for Bob is not closing down.

Bad News:
Some were let go and they closed the physical office.

I don't think this means Toys for Bob is closed at all, and Jez quoted this tweet saying that he also has confirmation they are not closing down.

Source

I'll edit the title.

Hopefully they can work on Crash again at some point.

Reactions: Exicide
OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Just a note... Be careful about sources and if there is some doubt, wait a while to confirm a story.

Or you can post it as a rumor.

🙏
The source is an official newspaper in San Francisco where the office is located. The journalist doesn't even cover gaming news so it's not clickbait.

It's better than a tweet from a fanboy and we have tons of threads about them everyday.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The source is an official newspaper in San Francisco where the office is located. The journalist doesn't even cover gaming news so it's not clickbait.

It's better than a tweet from a fanboy and we have tons of threads about them everyday.
Oh yeah, I mean we are a forum and the source seems legit. We just discuss the news as it comes.

But it's good to remind people anyway imo.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
There was a significantly larger reaction on reddit for Bungie laying off 100 people than there is this small studio laying off 86 people.

And all the Xbox fans just defend it by saying "stufio is not closed" whil ignoring the large amount of layoffs

Cant make this up