"Presentations & updates for PlayStation’s Strategy & Business May 2024 " Beyond boundaries". |UP| Info released & updated.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
But that's not what they're saying at all. They're conflating this with a showcase because they don't realize what this is or that Sony isn't just SIE.

The longest Sony has gone between have a State of Play and a Showcase is 163 days.

Since Sony is saying that their big titles are going to hit in 2025/2026, we could have a state of play or we could have a big showcase.

They have to ask themselves does a showcase hit home now or later in the year though? They could do something like they did in 2020 when they did a software showcase in June and a hardware showcase in September.

They have to show the rest of this years slate. As of now they have no games even with a scheduled released date for the rest of the fiscal year, but we know that Concord and Until Dawn are due out this year. They're probably pretty light for the rest of the fiscal year. So any showcase would focus on games coming next year and later, but they've already teased Wolverine, and Venom is supposed to come before Wolverine.

Long story short, they have to balance what they show now verses what they show with PS5 Pro and what they show next year.
Some, yes.

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
I think most understand this. I think their hope is tht when this was done previously a showcase followed within or soon after these presentations so thy are hoping it's a good sign.
I get that. What I referred to was the whole PC day and date doom and gloom posts, as if Sony was framing it like MS did the Xbox Business Strategy update.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
"Beyond the boundaries'

Our boy @JAHGamer gets ready

IBESm1.gif
eh PS is pretty much already dead

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I can't wait for Sony to reveal their future plans, I'm completely ready to move on if they disappoint me again. There is nothing wrong with the PS5 itself but it seems there might be a lot wrong with Sony. I gave them over 4 years to get me excited and if not for R* there would be nothing on PlayStation that I would be looking forward to (as Death Stranding 2 will obviously be on PC in no time).

If they show a lot of promising games, confirm the native portable device and get real with how terrible the PC port initiative of single player games has been I would gladly buy a PS5 Pro day one. If not fuck them, I hope they go the way of Xbox and get fucked.

I have been dooming for some time and I'm afraid I was right all along, would love to find out I was wrong.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I can't wait for Sony to reveal their future plans, I'm completely ready to move on if they disappoint me again. There is nothing wrong with the PS5 itself but it seems there might be a lot wrong with Sony. I gave them over 4 years to get me excited and if not for R* there would be nothing on PlayStation that I would be looking forward to (as Death Stranding 2 will obviously be on PC in no time).

If they show a lot of promising games, confirm the native portable device and get real with how terrible the PC port initiative of single player games has been I would gladly buy a PS5 Pro day one. If not fuck them, I hope they go the way of Xbox and get fucked.

I have been dooming for some time and I'm afraid I was right all along, would love to find out I was wrong.
Cancerous Hulst was promoted when he should've been fired or demoted. None of that is happening, it's over for the PS we once knew, best to just move on now.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Nintendo and PC will be the best combo moving forward, I'm actually hoping Sony ports some games to the Switch 2.

Arminius

19 May 2023
Is it true there’s a Sony showcase this year, or has it been downsized to a State of Play due to fucking bean counting?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
hermen hulst is taking us to a pc day-and-date utopia, no denuvo

do move on
At this point I would much rather have day-and-date with PC so that PlayStation can have a quick death and not hang around being all pathetic like Xbox. PS1~PS5, they had a good run. Sure they would likely cease making their single player games as we know them soon but they are probably doing it no matter what anyway.

At least with day and date with PC we can all move on the PC, not pay PS+ for online or saves, have portable options, forward compatibility, refunds and have all the leverage over them due to their lack of control of their own game.

The public mostly moved on from physical media, so the biggest advantage PlayStation had over PC besides exclusives will be gone by next gen too.
Nintendo and PC will be the best combo moving forward, I'm actually hoping Sony ports some games to the Switch 2.
Pretty much inevitable at this rate, what is the excuse to port games to PC but not Switch 2? It's free money with no drawback right? Regardless of how well they sell even.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Is it true there’s a Sony showcase this year, or has it been downsized to a State of Play due to fucking bean counting?

Sony seems to be more concerned with trying to buy PARAMOUNT a failing movie studio than investing in Playstation (u know the only division at Sony that still makes a decent amount of money)

All the PS4 best selling games would sell well on Switch 2, better than they sold on PC for sure. You have to respect Nintendo for not being as stupid as Sega, MS and Sony.

Sony did orginally make games for the SNES, so in a way Sony will be coming full circle.

At least with day and date with PC we can all move on the PC, not pay PS+ for online or saves, have portable options, forward compatibility, refunds and have all the leverage over them due to their lack of control of their own game.

Don't forget Mods as well, things like Stellar Blade can be improved by removing the censorship

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
As of now we only have personal guesses, Sony still haven't announced it.

Looking at previous years, Sony normally announces and makes it late May or early June. In some rare cases, in September.

But who knows, maybe they took note the hate that the Showcase received last year from some Sony "fans" like the haters we have in this forum and decided to don't make a showcase this year.

• haha
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
But who knows, maybe they took note the hate that the Showcase received last year from some Sony "fans" like the haters we have in this forum and decided to don't make a showcase this year.

I doubt they can hear the "hate" from "haters" of this page while being ball-licked by their "fans" who are ok with whatever decision they take.