"Presentations & updates for PlayStation’s Strategy & Business May 2024 " Beyond boundaries". |UP| Info released & updated.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
So far Sony has given fans no real reason to own a PS5. If i want Sony games I'll just wait for the PC ports from now on
I’m surprised they barely talk about anything gaming. Most of it is rehashed from last 2 years meetings.

No mention of VR
No mention to live service & esport
No mention of mobile
No mention of PC plan/ consolidation in gaming
No new plan of investing in PS studios to increase output of singleplayer games

This was pretty much camera, metaverse, ai, tv show production expanding ip to entertainment

Reactions: J_Paganel and Box

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
I’m surprised they barely talk about anything gaming. Most of it is rehashed from last 2 years meetings.

No mention of VR
No mention to live service & esport
No mention of mobile
No mention of PC plan/ consolidation in gaming
No new plan of investing in PS studios to increase output of singleplayer games

This was pretty much camera, metaverse, ai, tv show production expanding ip to entertainment

Because this wasn't a gaming showcase. These investors meetings happen every year around May.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
C'mon, because of a BUSINESS meeting? At least wait for the showcase (or lack of it).

Sony:

"Fuck analog sticks, you will get washing machine switches instead"
A holographically projected screen would be pretty nifty but unrealistic due to power issues. One thing I'd like to see them deal with in the next gen controller is giving back buttons or some input to ring/pinky fingers on the handles. Maybe touch controls will finally let us move beyond stick drift as well.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
A holographically projected screen would be pretty nifty but unrealistic due to power issues. One thing I'd like to see them deal with in the next gen controller is giving back buttons or some input to ring/pinky fingers on the handles. Maybe touch controls will finally let us move beyond stick drift as well.

They won't have a need for a "Pro" controller if they do that for the standard controllers.