Dead Space: Remake | Review Thread

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Deadspace was such a great game. A spinoff would have to do much more to offseat it......I guess people were more stoked about Deadspace like game with the visuals of Callisto more than anything. The fact that it was being done by ex Dead Space devs gave the project more credence and gave gamers more confidence that it would be great.

Vrs tier1 is absolutely turd level . VRS in any form will lower detail unless what are you are degrading is really out of view. We have seen in most cases of VRS that this is not the case. It was awful in Doom on Series X. I hope, they patch this to toggle it off on PS5, if Linneman is saying it's more aggressive on PS5.

I hope they will. All three.....
i only played the first 2, I liked them a lot, i recall something about three having some sort of mico transaction in it, something to do with weapons and items, i might be totally wrong it was a long time ago, i remember that part not going down to well with joe public at the time.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I heard 3 was more of a co-op action shooter, way less emphasis on single player horror experience, I only played the first 2.

I'm passing on this even though I was a massive fan of the first Dead Space.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
3 is a good sequel until you reach the planet, then it turns sour.

Dead Space 2 is GOAT in the trilogy tho.

Anybody remember calling VRS shite all along? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Not that it wasn’t obvious.

VRS is a performance gaining feature. The consoles need all the headroom they can get.

The issue is the software implementation used on PS5 is sometimes worse compared to the hardware implementation on Xbox. MW2 also had this issue as per John.

Last edited:

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
i only played the first 2, I liked them a lot, i recall something about three having some sort of mico transaction in it, something to do with weapons and items, i might be totally wrong it was a long time ago, i remember that part not going down to well with joe public at the time.
Yes, the first two games were survival horror and a bit slower paced. However, despite the success and great reviews....EA Forced Visceral to change the natural evolution of the series and forced them to take the series in a different direction or get cancelled. So they changed their vision for DS3 and went with EA's more combat heavy TPS with COOP, less survival horror. At that time everything was online this, MP or bust, yet the first two games scored better and was received better than the third, funny how that works out.

Still I want all three, as DS3 is still a solid TPS......As they say "No man left behind"....Need all three for the complete set...

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Opencritic increased to 90

Nice!

P

peter42O

Awesome!!! Have had Dead Space pre-ordered since December. Always knew it was going to be better than The Callisto Protocol but not by as much as it turned out to be. Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

Reactions: Sircaw
P

peter42O

I would prefer a remake of Dead Space 2 and instead of remaking 3, they do a brand new Dead Space 3 to conclude the series as a trilogy.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I can't get behind 80$ psn price point for this. What are they fucking crazy ?!
it's 60$ on steam. Why is pc cheaper.
It's just new graphics and not that incredible for a remake that focuses 90% on just graphics. Not demons souls impressive.

80$... what the hell man.
People complain about price of 70$ for forspoken. Quality of the game aside, that is 70$ for a completely new game. New IP, everything made from the scratch.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I can't get behind 80$ psn price point for this. What are they fucking crazy ?!
it's 60$ on steam. Why is pc cheaper.
It's just new graphics and not that incredible for a remake that focuses 90% on just graphics. Not demons souls impressive.

80$... what the hell man.
People complain about price of 70$ for forspoken. Quality of the game aside, that is 70$ for a completely new game. New IP, everything made from the scratch.

It's $69.99 just like FS, where are you seeing $80 ? that price is for the deluxe edition. Standard is $70 like other games.

edit:

Looks like the PC version has shader compilation issues as per NXGamer

P

peter42O

That's not gonna happen, they can always do a DeadSpace 4....

Yeah but since Dead Space 3 is the weak link, I would prefer a new Dead Space 3 and if anything, just continue it with Dead Space 4. I know the first two are the best so I want remakes for both. Tomorrow, I get the first and just need the sequel. Then new ones.

Reactions: thelastword

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
It's $69.99 just like FS, where are you seeing $80 ? that price is for the deluxe edition. Standard is $70 like other games.

edit:

Looks like the PC version has shader compilation issues as per NXGamer

Polish psn. It’s 349pln. That’s 81 USD.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Cant wait to play this game on my series x when it comes to gamepass on the future

I also plan on getting on sale...especially since Callisto is already under 35 euro here, horror genre just depreciates really fast and this year is packed with games.

Amazing scores, I didn't anticipate an 89.

I saw Colin M guessed an 88, so he was damned close. While I was at 84.