Dead Space: Remake | Review Thread

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yeah but since Dead Space 3 is the weak link, I would prefer a new Dead Space 3 and if anything, just continue it with Dead Space 4. I know the first two are the best so I want remakes for both. Tomorrow, I get the first and just need the sequel. Then new ones.
From what i saw in a review last night, they have not only added new content to the game, but have also changed some of the encounters for the better.

Perhaps they could fix/alter dead space 3 to be a better experience, i did not play 3 so i cant really tell what was wrong with it but if they are prepared to put so much work into no 2 there is hope for number 3

Reactions: peter42O

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Im not screwing anyone, they sell their game on the launch window, Microsoft pays them to be on gamepass, and will save money on the process, its a win for them and for me as a user, best deal in gaming for sure.
You're a cheap grifter who doesn't deserve the games.

• haha
Reactions: adamsapple

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Im not screwing anyone, they sell their game on the launch window, Microsoft pays them to be on gamepass, and i will save money on the process, its a win for them and for me as a user, best deal in gaming for sure.

Are you planning to play the original Dead Space before the remake ?

Also I'm sure you're aware, all 3 are available on GP. 2 and 3 even have FPS boost.

Damn shame the original never got FPS boost on console.

Poorsoul

Banned
27 Jan 2023
Are you planning to play the original Dead Space before the remake ?

Also I'm sure you're aware, all 3 are available on GP. 2 and 3 even have FPS boost.

Damn shame the original never got FPS boost on console.
Yes, i have played them on the 360 back in the Day

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Removed Some Comments, Please stay on Topic.
Derailing Topics will get you removed from the thread if it persists.
I Dont Think So No Way GIF by UFC

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: AniWeeb

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
i wonder if we might get a new no 4, that would be super awesome, totally next gen with super fast loading times.

I think it's more likely that they spin off the series to a different plot from the sequel.

Remaking all 3 games as is will be kind of a pointless. They're already doing some branching-off stuff in the first game from the original lore.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I think it's more likely that they spin off the series to a different plot from the sequel.

Remaking all 3 games as is will be kind of a pointless. They're already doing some branching-off stuff in the first game from the original lore.
i think it all depends on how well it sells, i saw another post here on the forums about some new texts in the new game mode i think it was, hinting at perhaps the sequel.

Dead space two was a very well received game so i think it 100% makes sense to remake/remaster that game.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
i think it all depends on how well it sells, i saw another post here on the forums about some new texts in the new game mode i think it was, hinting at perhaps the sequel.

Dead space two was a very well received game so i think it 100% makes sense to remake/remaster that game.

If EA were smart, they would have an original DS 1/2/3 remaster trilogy ala Mass Effect Legendary out within this calendar year as well.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
If EA were smart, they would have an original DS 1/2/3 remaster trilogy ala Mass Effect Legendary out within this calendar year as well.
Not sure if that would be a good idea, i get what you are saying, but now since one is a remake and of such a high standard, the next two games have to follow suit.

Would be strange to also have a remaster as that would feel like a cash grab, EA do not have a loot of goodwill with gamers, they just went a long way in restoring it with this latest release, i fear they would totally undo it if they want the route you are suggesting.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Not sure if that would be a good idea, i get what you are saying, but now since one is a remake and of such a high standard, the next two games have to follow suit.

Would be strange to also have a remaster as that would feel like a cash grab, EA do not have a loot of goodwill with gamers, they just went a long way in restoring it with this latest release, i fear they would totally undo it if they want the route you are suggesting.

You're right, releasing a classic pack after the remake is a bad idea.

That's something I would have greenlit in 2021 or 2022 if I were an EA executive.

Get people more excited and primed for the remake.

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You're right, releasing a classic pack after the remake is a bad idea.

That's something I would have greenlit in 2021 or 2022 if I were an EA executive.

Get people more excited and primed for the remake.
I think the best thing we can honestly take from this, is EA is finally understanding what gamers want.
Production values are high, and none of that microtransactions shit is in it.

Need to go through their library and see what else they might be cooking up, there must be a large selection of fantastic games in their vault.

I know it's a different company, Ubisoft i think, but just imagine Splinter cell games being made with this care and love, they would be GOTY potential.

Last edited: