Dead Space: Remake | Review Thread

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

Will have to see what John is talking about, but from the time I saw signifcantly worse loadtimes on PS5 vs S and X, I knew perhaps the PS port needs some attention. More aggressive VRS on PS5? Why? Usually it is XBOX that utilizes vrs and and even engages tearing to keep perf up. Hey, I wonder if DF/Dark10X contacted the devs about this, seems he always does it when it's XBOX..

Other than that, seems a solid enough port, relative to performance, though 1440p 30fps with RT on both consoles and 2048 x 1080 without RT at 60fps......Series S runs at 1440p 30fps/NO RT, with further graphical cutbacks.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
That was fast, wonder what else they're fixing on consoles.

Hoping it's increasing the DRS.
If they had a response ready that quick it sounds more like it was a known issue, As they tend to have lists of bugs and known issues ranks from must fix to patch later.
So they must have thought it was a small issue so they shipped the game as is and the following weeks just hot-fix and patch.
A lot of Companies these days ship a game in what they call "complete" with some issues they can fix post launch as its not like the old days when they had to make a complete game and ship it knowing that was the final release.

Reactions: AniWeeb

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
If they had a response ready that quick it sounds more like it was a known issue, As they tend to have lists of bugs and known issues ranks from must fix to patch later.
So they must have thought it was a small issue so they shipped the game as is and the following weeks just hot-fix and patch.
A lot of Companies these days ship a game in what they call "complete" with some issues they can fix post launch as its not like the old days when they had to make a complete game and ship it knowing that was the final release.

Even in the state it launched in, Dead Space launched TREMENDOUSLY more polished compared to Callisto (as an example).

I can't believe I'm saying this .. but EA has been doing pretty good in regards to single player games recently.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I’m looking for some info on load times. How long are they on the systems? Does it have loading at all?

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Even in the state it launched in, Dead Space launched TREMENDOUSLY more polished compared to Callisto (as an example).

I can't believe I'm saying this .. but EA has been doing pretty good in regards to single player games recently.
Yes, but it could still be better. I think the game looks good too. I know Callisto looks better but people were acting like Deadspace Remake looks like a basic remaster, it does not. It's a great looking and sounding game.

I’m looking for some info on load times. How long are they on the systems? Does it have loading at all?

MdfMYRQ.png

It makes no sense, could certainly be better on PS5. Seeing how the vrs issues is only on PS5 and the loading times are worse there, it shows the PS5 was not developed at optimum, but framerate is solid. Hopefully the devs iron these issues out on PS5, vrs and loadtimes....

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Yes, but it could still be better. I think the game looks good too. I know Callisto looks better but people were acting like Deadspace Remake looks like a basic remaster, it does not. It's a great looking and sounding game.

MdfMYRQ.png

It makes no sense, could certainly be better on PS5. Seeing how the vrs issues is only on PS5 and the loading times are worse there, it shows the PS5 was not developed at optimum, but framerate is solid. Hopefully the devs iron these issues out on PS5, vrs and loadtimes....
I was told this pic you showed about the load times is actually fake

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
IIRC John from DF has also said on twitter that the tram times are longer on PS5 and Suzy (Sphere Hunter) in her review said the PS5 version drops resolution so low that it feels like a 720p game during the trams. Like how Callisto was not the best optimized for Xbox at launch, looks like Dead Space is a few revisions behind on PS5.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
IIRC John from DF has also said on twitter that the tram times are longer on PS5 and Suzy (Sphere Hunter) in her review said the PS5 version drops resolution so low that it feels like a 720p game during the trams. Like how Callisto was not the best optimized for Xbox at launch, looks like Dead Space is a few revisions behind on PS5.
They need to patch this game ASAP, then

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Did DF write a letter to the devs whining about why the PS5 wasn't performing like expected?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

MdfMYRQ.png

These load times are not acceptable at all considering the ps5 SSD is far superior to the xbox ones, Hopefully, they will sort it out soon.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Did DF write a letter to the devs whining about why the PS5 wasn't performing like expected?

They announced they're working on a patch already, so he might have.

DF does contact developers when they see issues in games.

They contacted Sony Santa Monica before GoW 2018 came out and helped SSM fix the frame pacing issues in that games 30 FPS mode.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
These load times are not acceptable at all considering the ps5 SSD is far superior to the xbox ones, Hopefully, they will sort it out soon.
If the game took advantage of the ps5 storage it would load in a couple of seconds not being an online game needing to wait for servers etc.

Suspect the target was Directx / Direct Storage and slapped onto ps5 without added work.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw