Digital Foundry: Monster Hunter Rise - PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
But it does exists and ask you at the begin of the game.

These thinks should not exists on console.
It doesn’t make console experience better… it makes console experience confusing.
Just keep pressing x to skip all of it like i skip through dialgoue boxes in rpgs

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just keep pressing x to skip all of it like i skip through dialgoue boxes in rpgs
That is not a console experience at all.

BTW I read dialogue boxes in RPGs… what the point of play a game and don’t read the dialogues? Unless it has voice to dialogues which well I listen.

OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Options are good so you have that on PC.

On console that experience should be automatic… you should start the game and everything runs the best without need options… if you have a 120Hz TV it should already start in a mode to run at 120fps… if you have a VRR TV it should already use it.

You don’t overcomplicated an end-consumer experience like consoles.
The default mode does exactly that, but for people who don't mind the few dips in graphics mode and want better graphics/resolution/supersampling, or higher fps for their 120fps tv's, they have that option too. It does not deter from the plug and play mode. You don't ever have to hit these options if you don't want to, but if you want to and can use it, you can.

Reactions: Lord Mittens
OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
every RE engine game is better on PS5 from what I remember. The engine isn't developed with xbox in mind.
That was mostly the case with PS4 vs XBONE, PRO vs XBONEX. The recent remakes were mostly on par. PS5 had the edge in DMC5 with huge framerate gaps in 120fps mode, there was also some issue with RT on XBOX initially as well. The newer ports like Monster Rise are starting to show that divide again. Further evidence awaits with the launch of Pragmata, RE4 Remake and SF6, which would have more dedicated time on PS5 over the recent remasters of 7, RE and RE3.....

• haha
Reactions: adamsapple
OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
What being in gamepass has anything to do with the thread?
Oh noooo, he never derails, he is just a civil poster always staying on topic......That gamepass line is similar to when XBOX fans used to come in tech threads where PS won and spoke of how they preferred the controller and would rather play on LIVE, those were the days....Same M.O here..

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
What being in gamepass has anything to do with the thread?

The availability of the game for me to play, what else.

Why, what did you think ?

That was mostly the case with PS4 vs XBONE, PRO vs XBONEX. The recent remakes were mostly on par. PS5 had the edge in DMC5 with huge framerate gaps in 120fps mode, there was also some issue with RT on XBOX initially as well. The newer ports like Monster Rise are starting to show that divide again. Further evidence awaits with the launch of Pragmata, RE4 Remake and SF6, which would have more dedicated time on PS5 over the recent remasters of 7, RE and RE3.....

Just about everything written in this quoted post is inaccurate.

But that is par for course with this user, so no surprises.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
This game seems much easier than world, I was surprised by how many people are playing it because I found hunts so easily.
The instant loading is so good

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
This game seems much easier than world, I was surprised by how many people are playing it because I found hunts so easily.

Technically its a notable step back from MH: World in terms of assets, effects and even animations, but it being a switch port instead of a ground up new game means the modern consoles can run this in high frame rate and resolutions (and SSD load times).

It's essentially a cross-gen remaster now.

Reactions: Lord Mittens
OP
OP
thelastword

thelastword

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
It's a pity Tom did not show the loadtime comparisons, but that certainly is a major improvement there.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It a step back in several ways… you see it being clearly limited by the portable development.
That don’t deny some mechanics are more modern than World… these probably will come on World 2 or whatever Capcom choose to call it.

Anyway World was more popular than Rise (sales wise) and probably contributed a lot to make people buy Rise.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
sad to see this ported, it was one of the mainstays on switch. Though i did uninstall it awhile ago. Capcom has been a shitty switch supporter honestly, nothing but old ports besides this, and now we've got the lesser version. great...

Expecting MH Stories 2 to be next. and of course, another gamepass day 1 drop making my physical copy worth less than a pack of gum.
The thing is that it will be on GP and other similar services only at times... Physical remains the only way to be sure that you can play ... Obviously playing on switch barely counts as playing.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It really does feel like s/he's paid per post
I have no doubt tbh.
The availability of the game for me to play, what else.

Why, what did you think ?

Just about everything written in this quoted post is inaccurate.

But that is par for course with this user, so no surprises.
It has nothing to do with the game’s performance. Spare of us this stealthy GP marketing BS.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
The thing is that it will be on GP and other similar services only at times... Physical remains the only way to be sure that you can play ... Obviously playing on switch barely counts as playing.

You can buy it digitally as well .. it's not like the game will be delisted once it goes off of sub services.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
kind of mindblowing that people would want to play monster hunter on a console. the best experience is on handhelds, has been since the PSP days. 3ds, and now Switch.