Digital Foundry: PlayStation Plus Game Streaming vs Xbox xCloud: Image Quality/Lag Face-Off

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
You mean their cameras? Yes, Sony makes 42% of CMOS sensor in the globe, not to mention other industrial global shutter sensors.

64ba52af8fd49_public.jpg

Actually Nikon, Panasonic (Lumix), Sigma, Leica, Hasselblad, Fujifilm, and many other brands are very dependent on Sony for their sensors. Top end phones, goal tech/eagle eye system in football, olympics, etc. Most of car sensors as well.

Sony Honda Afeela

Honda-Sony-Afeela-CES2023-8.jpeg
Don't know why they don't just make them for their own phones Sony erricsons were my favourite phones lol

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Don't know why they don't just make them for their own phones Sony erricsons were my favourite phones lol

They do. Xperia 1 v was the first phone in the world to enjoy Sony's world's first 2-layer transistor pixel stacked sensor. Getting that one maybe this month. Then iPhone 15, I believe, got the sensor along with Samsung and other top tier phones. Been a Sony phone user since 2005 and don't expect to change that anytime soon.

Sony-Xperia-I-V-Camera.jpg

768x432.jpg

6.jpg

They just sell the tech and enjoy the profits.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
They do. Xperia 1 v was the first phone in the world to enjoy Sony's world's first 2-layer transistor pixel stacked sensor. Getting that one maybe this month. Then iPhone 15, I believe, got the sensor along with Samsung and other top tier phones. Been a Sony phone user since 2005 and don't expect to change that anytime soon.

Sony-Xperia-I-V-Camera.jpg

768x432.jpg

6.jpg

They just sell the tech and enjoy the profits.
Not a fan of the Experias , I liked the erricsons but I guess I'm a boomer lol

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Not a fan of the Experias , I liked the erricsons but I guess I'm a boomer lol

Most phones are great anyway. It's not like you're missing out. Xperia 1v especially is more suited for pro videographers and photographers that Sony been trying to hit this niche especially as it works as a waterproof camera monitor (there is no waterproof monitor in the market) directly via HDMI or USB-C, or even wirelessly with amazing low latency. Has a good recording quality of 1080p@60fps to show off camera settings, focusing etc for tutorials or just like a backup.

Alpha-Universe-Watch-Wed-Xperia-External-Monitor-1.jpg

Also can use it as a waterproof BTS camera with their rear screen accessory. Also has a dedicated 3.5mm jack.

gsmarena_004.jpg

Why waterproof? Well, in summer we have our wet season, monsoon, and I use my gear and they get soaked in drizzles and all monitors are not weather sealed.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Most phones are great anyway. It's not like you're missing out. Xperia 1v especially is more suited for pro videographers and photographers that Sony been trying to hit this niche especially as it works as a waterproof camera monitor (there is no waterproof monitor in the market) directly via HDMI or USB-C, or even wirelessly with amazing low latency. Has a good recording quality of 1080p@60fps to show off camera settings, focusing etc for tutorials or just like a backup.

Also can use it as a waterproof BTS camera with their rear screen accessory. Also has a dedicated 3.5mm jack.

gsmarena_004.jpg

Why waterproof? Well, in summer we have our wet season, monsoon, and I use my gear and they get soaked in drizzles and all monitors are not weather sealed.
I don't even use mine as a phone anymore because I've got no one to text or call 🤣

• Surprised
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

gsmarena_004.jpg

The cameras aren't much use to me either I don't take selfies anymore 🤣

• sad
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
I don't even use mine as a phone anymore because I've got no one to text or call 🤣

How could someone become this lonely? People consider me a "home" guy nowadays but I personally can't count how many close and far friends, relatives. Talking about thousands here that I mostly get embarrassed by not remembering their names despite knowing who they are as "entities" if that makes sense. Go out during the day, the world has plenty of good people to have as friends. Just don't put @Sircaw in that list.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
How could someone become this lonely? People consider me a "home" guy nowadays but I personally can't count how many close and far friends, relatives. Talking about thousands here that I mostly get embarrassed by not remembering their names despite knowing who they are as "entities" if that makes sense. Go out during the day, the world has plenty of good people to have as friends. Just don't put @Sircaw in that list.
It's just having really bad anxiety mate , I view alot of you on here as friends though

• Heart

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If I will replay to every message I receive in a day I won’t do anything else 😂

The family groups alone I silence all 🔥

• Shake