[Digital Foundry] Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart - PC Max vs PS5 vs PC Very Low

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Sony was trying to say the SSD on the PS5. I remember the narative back in the day. We all thought that Sony's drive was special and even better than PCs. Now we see that any next-gen Sony game can be played on regular SSD with no problems.
This such bullshit lie. Why you guys like this. There is literally hour of cerny lecture. Even with word for word bar for bar you clowns always try to bend facts

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Sony was trying to say the SSD on the PS5. I remember the narative back in the day. We all thought that Sony's drive was special and even better than PCs. Now we see that any next-gen Sony game can be played on regular SSD with no problems.

Here:

It was never about the speed of the drive.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
It was special before the PS5 released. PC’s caught up before the PS5 launched.

They have not. It’s not just the speed number. It’s the entire I/O system. Why are people still confused about this.

Besides.....PS5 SSD can do 22GB compressed anyway.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
This such bullshit lie. Why you guys like this. There is literally hour of cerny lecture. Even with word for word bar for bar you clowns always try to bend facts
I'm not talking about the Cerny talk. I'm talking about the Insomniac presentation.

ZdCV36k.jpg

A lot of us took that to mean the SSD/IO system of the PS5.

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
PC has access to oodle as well. They just don't have custom ASICs to handle the decompression, so it has to rely on CPU (and now GPU).
Sure but according to DF....
Oodle isn't made for PC.
Watch the original video they did on TLOU.

Surely not as fast as the PS5's implementation either.

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Xbot clowns got fucking destroyed today by this analysis. I love watching them do mental gymanstics to damage control this L.

All the fake "tech gurus" and idiots that were trying to tell us how Insomniac were lying and this game could run well on an HDD or a PS4 all look like total imbeciles today. They'll try and sweep this L today under a rug and they'll be back again for Spiderman 2 in a few months. These idiots never learn and they are a prime reason why MS is so complacent and useless when it comes to gaming. These fools are too busy trying to invent flaws for the PS5 while Xbox is in free fall and failing as a platform.

I downloaded it for my rig today. Runs flawlessly on my 4090 just like it did on my PS5. I don't even have to turn ON frame generation with DLSS3 because with frame generation OFF I'm still getting 120fps at 4K DLSS settings. The game looks jaw dropping on my PC. Some screenshots I took and yea the last pics are gameplay with the HUD turned off...

TKTPJbV.jpg

Czv8AEr.jpg

t1EMQrq.jpg

ZrPZ1lD.jpg