dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I don't feel obligated. I never signed any positions or anything of the sort. As matter a fact, Sony used to make games for PC, not sure if you knew that. Then there was a time when they didn't, and focused on their own stuff for PlayStation. Now they are going back to their roots, PC. They said it themselves that the games are coming, so it's not about feeling entitled for me.

Now let me ask you this, why do you feel entitled that Sony should only cater to PlayStation only? Why do you feel you should be the only ones who get to play said games, when Sony themselves want more people to play these same games, regardless of what hardware they have?

If you want these 60fps patches, or even higher framerate and graphics settings, why not get a PC? Is there an exclusive club or blood pact that needs to be signed in order to buy a PC that I'm not aware of? Literally anyone is free to buy one.

It works both ways, and more people will get to experience both sides of the fence this generation, as you can have all of the graphics fidelity & performances, without having to sacrifice either. Best part is, this won't take anything away from PlayStation fans, nor Sony's pockets. Win-win for everyone.
The phrase win-win for everyone is disingenuous, it's a win-win for YOU. and you still refuse to understand that.

PlayStation customers gain nothing. We're already getting everything from Sony. We don't care what you get. If you do get something, that might not take something away from us, but we certainly aren't getting anything in return. We aren't 'Winning' jack shit.

So unless you (PC in this case) give us something in return, it's by definition NOT a 'win-win'.

trouble is, If PC had anything PlayStation customers wanted, it's already been ported decades ago. Therefore you (PC) have nothing we want. Therefore we see no point in giving you (PC) anything.

but that means nothing to you (PC), as long as your selfish desire for pity ports is satiated, and you have bragging rights--or even at the bare minimum-- just have something to play on your PC.

I'm sorry, but I don't care what you play on your PC. If you want to join in on the fun I say you're very welcome, the price of admission is a few hundred dollars. Buy a PlayStation, and welcome on in.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
The phrase win-win for everyone is disingenuous, it's a win-win for YOU. and you still refuse to understand that.

PlayStation customers gain nothing. We're already getting everything from Sony. We don't care what you get. If you do get something, that might not take something away from us, but we certainly aren't getting anything in return. We aren't 'Winning' jack shit.

So unless you (PC in this case) give us something in return, it's by definition NOT a 'win-win'.

trouble is, If PC had anything PlayStation customers wanted, it's already been ported decades ago. Therefore you (PC) have nothing we want. Therefore we see no point in giving you (PC) anything.

but that means nothing to you (PC), as long as your selfish desire for pity ports is satiated, and you have bragging rights--or even at the bare minimum-- just have something to play on your PC.

I'm sorry, but I don't care what you play on your PC. If you want to join in on the fun I say you're very welcome, the price of admission is a few hundred dollars. Buy a PlayStation, and welcome on in.
Oh but it is a win-win, you're forgetting the most glaringly obvious benefit. If Sony brings all of their games to PC then you can finally ditch that piece of shit console and play games on a real platform.

• haha
Reactions: Swift_Star
D

Deleted member 51

Side note, can we get verifiable age's on our profiles? That way we can get an idea of who we are talking to?

Cause I was not expecting THAT kinda response...

@Bodycount611 It's gaming bro, relax. It isn't some us vs them ordeal. I get that you guys are like that with other consoles, but PC isn't in this make believe war you guys have been fighting.

If half life alyx came to psvr2, would PC players get upset? No, cause we don't care about that kinda stuff.

It's a win win for everyone, as more people get to play said games, and Sony gets more money back from more users. It doesn't take away from your experience. It actually adds to your experience. And eventually when they are about to release a game, they won't have to do 2 separate advertising campaigns, but only one. So even more profit.

• haha
Reactions: Dr Bass

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I found his post more entertaining than yours.
catch me outside GIF
I find really amusing how he's able to trigger the PC gamers with obvious low quality bait. :ROFLMAO:

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
Guys... try and focus on the memes.

Avoid getting angry or aggressive towards each other.

<3

So rampantly insulting ALL PC gamers across any thread that guy posts in didn't warrant a respond, but me calling him a jackass did?

lol, I find that a little funny.. this entire forum is pretty funny ... lol@ it not being a platform war hotbed.

edit: And hurrr durr I responded to "bait"... good lord, what a great forum

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
So rampantly insulting ALL PC gamers across any thread that guy posts in didn't warrant a respond, but me calling him a jackass did?

lol, I find that a little funny.. this entire forum is pretty funny ... lol@ it not being a platform war hotbed.

I started the console wars thread for posts like his and for all that energy to be directed there.

My response didn't single anyone out... I like you all and just want you to get along.

I didn't see you write anything controversial and if anyone gave you a warning, let me know.

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Side note, can we get verifiable age's on our profiles? That way we can get an idea of who we are talking to?

Cause I was not expecting THAT kinda response...

@Bodycount611 It's gaming bro, relax. It isn't some us vs them ordeal. I get that you guys are like that with other consoles, but PC isn't in this make believe war you guys have been fighting.

If half life alyx came to psvr2, would PC players get upset? No, cause we don't care about that kinda stuff.

It's a win win for everyone, as more people get to play said games, and Sony gets more money back from more users. It doesn't take away from your experience. It actually adds to your experience. And eventually when they are about to release a game, they won't have to do 2 separate advertising campaigns, but only one. So even more profit.
but the entire half life/ valve franchise is on playstation, dating back to 2001 with the original half life. we don't have to give you anything for that, it'll come eventually.

again, so we're getting nothing out of the deal and yet you're selfish enough to wonder why playstation customers don't want to see their platform devalued so you can enjoy yourself on your PC, or so Xbox customers can validate their 0 exclusives-mantra. That's none of our business.

Valve is a multiplatform publisher and much like guys who bought their 3rd or 4th Xbox One Phil Spncer console revision, you bought into a known exclusiveless platform so you can't complain.

PlayStation sprung these unwanted ports on folks out of the blue with Horizon recently, nobody asked or signed up for it. and Now we're telling Sony loud and clear we don't want them, to stop them, and that they aren't appreciated.

It's pretty straight forward.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
but the entire half life/ valve franchise is on playstation, dating back to 2001 with the original half life. we don't have to give you anything for that, it'll come eventually.

again, so we're getting nothing out of the deal and yet you're selfish enough to wonder why playstation customers don't want to see their platform devalued so you can enjoy yourself on your PC, or so Xbox customers can validate their 0 exclusives-mantra. That's none of our business.

Valve is a multiplatform publisher and much like guys who bought their 3rd or 4th Xbox One Phil Spncer console revision, you bought into a known exclusiveless platform so you can't complain.

PlayStation sprung these unwanted ports on folks out of the blue with Horizon recently, nobody asked or signed up for it. and Now we're telling Sony loud and clear we don't want them, to stop them, and that they aren't appreciated.

Are we? I honestly couldn't care less.

Reactions: Deleted member 51
D

Deleted member 51

Half Life alyx was just a single example, as it's the best VR game, ever to grace the earth. It would be the perfect/best seller game on psvr2. Would I get upset that you get to experience this masterpiece? Hell no. Would I be mad if x, y, z game come to ps5? Hell no.

That's the difference between REAL gamers and REAL warriors. When youre identity lies around defending a platform, that is doing the very thing you don't want them to do. Take a step back from the battlegrounds bro and look at the bigger picture.

If you were selling lemonade to only the people on your side of the road, would it be dumb to leave out the other people on the side of the road? What if you also included pink lemonade into the mix? Don't you see Sony would rather expand and reach as many wallets as possible, as it will benefit them, which ultimately (should) benefit us all. Now if they pocketed all the extra money, with no intention of investing it back into gaming, only to pay the top people at Sony, yeah that would be a problem.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This thread, and the motivation behind it, is lame.

Edit:

I'm going to make an analogy here. I used to PC game a bit. I had the 3d graphics cards, the custom build I made myself, the whole nine yards. I understand the appeal. It can be fun. It is also not for everyone. It's also not for me anymore, because I only play on the various consoles now. I want to push the on button and go. Yet we are all part of the same hobby and community and really should NOT be circling the wagons like we are in enemy camps.

So, to the actual analogy. I play a couple instruments, but I don't play drums. I've played them a bit, and I understand why they are cool, especially since they focus on rhythm, much like bass tends to. But I don't play them. Yet drums form an important part of the band. Only an idiot would sit with his guitar, keys, bass, whatever and say "Man, drums are whack! Why do you like the drums? They are so complicated to setup, and you're not even playing notes!" No one serious about music would ever say that, because they understand the importance of the instrument.

And yet here we have someone essentially saying that about video games. The PC is such a crucial part of the gaming ecosystem. It drives graphics innovation (do you think you would have PS5 and XSX in their current affordable forms without the PC designs leading the way?), allows independent creators to now create with the same tools the "big boys" use, and is all around just a fantastic tool for so many things.

So, to Bodycount ... not only are you wrong, you're acting like an ignorant child about the matter. And it also only seems to be Sony guys acting like this, which did NOT stand out to me on other forums, but it is oh-so-evident here on IE for whatever reason. I also think your rhetoric is really, really pushing it. We want this to be a forum of free discussion, and even be able to dislike things and say so but ... I'm not sure I even see a "viewpoint" here. You are coming across more like a monkey flinging its own poo. Unless you have something grounded in reality, or constructive to say, I would suggest considering how you are posting.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Edit:

I'm going to make an analogy here. I used to PC game a bit. I had the 3d graphics cards, the custom build I made myself, the whole nine yards. I understand the appeal. It can be fun. It is also not for everyone. It's also not for me anymore, because I only play on the various consoles now. I want to push the on button and go. Yet we are all part of the same hobby and community and really should NOT be circling the wagons like we are in enemy camps.

So, to the actual analogy. I play a couple instruments, but I don't play drums. I've played them a bit, and I understand why they are cool, especially since they focus on rhythm, much like bass tends to. But I don't play them. Yet drums form an important part of the band. Only an idiot would sit with his guitar, keys, bass, whatever and say "Man, drums are whack! Why do you like the drums? They are so complicated to setup, and you're not even playing notes!" No one serious about music would ever say that, because they understand the importance of the instrument.

And yet here we have someone essentially saying that about video games. The PC is such a crucial part of the gaming ecosystem. It drives graphics innovation (do you think you would have PS5 and XSX in their current affordable forms without the PC designs leading the way?), allows independent creators to now create with the same tools the "big boys" use, and is all around just a fantastic tool for so many things.

So, to Bodycount ... not only are you wrong, you're acting like an ignorant child about the matter. And it also only seems to be Sony guys acting like this, which did NOT stand out to me on other forums, but it is oh-so-evident here on IE for whatever reason. I also think your rhetoric is really, really pushing it. We want this to be a forum of free discussion, and even be able to dislike things and say so but ... I'm not sure I even see a "viewpoint" here. You are coming across more like a monkey flinging its own poo. Unless you have something grounded in reality, or constructive to say, I would suggest considering how you are posting.

• party
Reactions: Gh0stnTheBashShell

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Edit:

I honestly think it’s just him at this point. Even Bryank made his peace with this.

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 51

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Y’all getting trolled by a diehard switch fanboy and wannabe otaku who thinks Japan is the world.

Dude was raging before persona ports got announced for switch. “How dare they!”

You’ve been bodycounted.

To be honest I always thought this was a gimmick but he’s like this here too.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Swift_Star
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Y’all getting trolled by a diehard switch fanboy.

Dude was raging before persona ports got announced for switch.

You’ve been bodycounted
i wasn't raging, it was just insulting to have had the announcement we all waited for so long to be spoiled by xbox.

It took a huge chunk out of the eventual excitement of the switch announcement for me and everyone else.

Especially when on a grass roots level, it was switch owners who did all the work on the ground to get these ports to come to fruition.

We do all the work, and Philly boy comes by and pulls daddy MS's wallet out of his 44Wx30L hot topic tube-fit skinnies, plunks down the money, and walks away with the prize?

infuriating, but atleast it all worked out in the end.

• haha
Reactions: PropellerEar
Status
Not open for further replies.