dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13

ok but steam deck downloads shaders.
Consoles also have shaders precompiled.

So why can't devs complie shaders for 3060,70,80 and so on? At least 10 most popular cards
Because on a PC they have to be configured based on the hardware you have and the graphics settings you choose (which is impossible to know).

Consoles and Steam Deck are fixed hardware.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
You have no idea what you're talking about.

I mean they could, but on Linux it's dynamically compiled. I have a feeling it's because Valve probably has way more freedom to what they want there vs Windows. I only login to Windows to play some games of Infinite with my brother and nephew through cross play, otherwise I'm 100% on Linuxcould
I have every idea what I am talking about.
It's not that complicated... if it can be downloaded for fixed hardware, for sure it could be made downloaded for different hardware configurations.
Except for different nvcp settings like @VFX_Veteran says but maybe it could be changed

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
I have every idea what I am talking about.
It's not that complicated... if it can be downloaded for fixed hardware, for sure it could be made downloaded for different hardware configurations.
Except for different nvcp settings like @VFX_Veteran says but maybe it could be changed
I'm not talking to you about that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.