dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
There is also this disconnect or argument being used constantly here that PC gamers are beggars for console games. It's predicated on some absolutism.
I mean, I have consoles. I want to be able to buy those games and play them anywhere else that I want to. As a "console gamer", who also plays on PC, why am I a beggar for not wanting to be shackled to the one TV box, locked in to an ideal performance setting? I paid for the game twice as is the standard way things work these days, and now I have to listen to console warrior purists tell me I'm somehow in the wrong about the whole thing?
Console gamers obviously use the begging thing as a coping mechanism to deal with the fact that they feel they are "losing" games when they come to PC.

If you just make a post with nothing but a link to an article stating that X or Y console game is coming to PC.... they'll label you a beggar and go on massive tangents about how PC has no games and that there's nothing to play so you're begging for something and getting table scraps.

That's just their mentality. The mentality of a child.

Reactions: Deleted member 13
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
This thread was made for console fanboys to feel better about themselves. It's hilarious seeing the support group come together and share their insecurities with us all at once. Like babies throwing a tantrum, sometimes you just have to let them cry themselves out.

Holy shit, thanks for the laughs boys 😂🤣
Is it really though? 15 pages, record views, record replies and tons of engagement. I think the thread is resonating with the majority of people on this forum precisely because it's accurate. You're the one lowering the discourse with the the typical PC entitlement nonsense we've had to put up with from the Mustard race for years now.

One of the points of this thread has been amplify the voices of the consumers who have been wronged by ANTI-CONSUMER PC PORTS. and yes, PC Ports are anti-consumer, and any developer or publisher reading this should take note: We're on to you. We don't want or appreciate our investments being devalued by your misguided belief that PC can be used as a cheap cash-in to maximize your revenue on end-of-life titles, nor day one releases.

It isn't worth it. Consumers are losing trust in your brand, and they will revolt. You are playing with fire and risking the longevity of your platform in the process.

It goes beyond Sony porting some games late. I have a dream, that no Xbox fan should have to sit through one more E3 presentation where PC exclusive RTS games or league of legends take up 25 minutes+ of the presentation they've been eagerly anticipating all year, and flew out see--while wearing an Xbox T-Shirt--only to be treated like a second class citizen at the hands of PC-centric business practices by Microsoft.

We need to speak up louder. Much like anti-consumer microtransactions, grey and brown FPS, or toxic woke hate culture infesting the games industry, we have a power to stop the PC-devaluing process of our medium.

It's time to stop the pity ports.
It's time to take down PC gaming.

Contra

17 Jul 2022
Northern Hellscapes
Is it really though? 15 pages, record views, record replies and tons of engagement. I think the thread is resonating with the majority of people on this forum precisely because it's accurate. You're the one lowering the discourse with the the typical PC entitlement nonsense we've had to put up with from the Mustard race for years now.

One of the points of this thread has been amplify the voices of the consumers who have been wronged by ANTI-CONSUMER PC PORTS. and yes, PC Ports are anti-consumer, and any developer or publisher reading this should take note: We're on to you. We don't want or appreciate our investments being devalued by your misguided belief that PC can be used as a cheap cash-in to maximize your revenue on end-of-life titles, nor day one releases.

It isn't worth it. Consumers are losing trust in your brand, and they will revolt. You are playing with fire and risking the longevity of your platform in the process.

It goes beyond Sony porting some games late. I have a dream, that no Xbox fan should have to sit through one more E3 presentation where PC exclusive RTS games or league of legends take up 25 minutes+ of the presentation they've been eagerly anticipating all year, and flew out see--while wearing an Xbox T-Shirt--only to be treated like a second class citizen at the hands of PC-centric business practices by Microsoft.

We need to speak up louder. Much like anti-consumer microtransactions, grey and brown FPS, or toxic woke hate culture infesting the games industry, we have a power to stop the PC-devaluing process of our medium.

It's time to stop the pity ports.
It's time to take down PC gaming.

You're arguing about lowering discourse, and dropping "Mustard race" in the same sentence; before laying out a manifesto that sounds like it was written by (insert insult here)

You should probably stop dreaming before you hurt yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
This thread did a number on PC gamers because they were faced with the reality that they spend more money to play the same games.
Imagine spending 3x times the price of a ps5 to play Ragnarok in 1 to 2 years? Lmao
Choices.

Reactions: rofif

Contra

17 Jul 2022
Northern Hellscapes
This thread did a number on PC gamers because they were faced with the reality that they spend more money to play the same games.
Imagine spending 3x times the price of a ps5 to play Ragnarok in 1 to 2 years? Lmao
Choices.

While also having all the Xbox games, PC exclusives, multiple stores, emulation freedom. etc.

Powerful choices, and to ignore them is not too swift.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
So you are betting in the future? I mean that is cool but we are discussing the actual situation.

- PC gamers that have the “Premium” experience are very minority… most gamers on PC have inferior hardware to console… and truly “Premium” are less than 1% based on Steam data.

- PC exclusive developers doesn’t invest in AAA anymore… AAA is always focused on console first… so PC is more a focused indie exclusives.

- PC still receive most AAA games late… that is not only true to PlayStation… others Publishers do the same… well the biggest game in that industry miss PC for several years.
PC gamers pay 3k on hardware and then proceed to outrage because the games are expensive. And it’s well known they don’t spend a lot of money on games, plus, there’s no incentive to market games on pc whereas on consoles you have Sony, MS and Nintendo paying for marketing.
Most AAA developer makes more money on consoles than on pc.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
The fact that OP and myself, as well as others in this thread have known each other for years... has gone over your head ... despite another poster clearly alluding to it 😂🤣
I don't much care one way or the other, I'm simply telling you how you come off.

Maybe don't try to run with "inside" humor on an open forum and keep that in the DMs. It's nothing but an annoyance for everyone else.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
While also having all the Xbox games, PC exclusives, multiple stores, emulation freedom. etc.

Powerful choices, and to ignore them is not too swift.
Nobody cares about Xbox and PC exclusives.
Multiple stores? Stop lying, you are all about steam supremacy and are always crying over epic. Freedom? You keep playin the game f2p trash for ages and sometimes treat yourselves to something like ER.
Emulation-worthy systems run on potato pcs.
Gaming pcs are bad investments unless you work on demanding task on that very same pc. But you do you.

Reactions: yewles1

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Choices.
Imagine buying a PS5 for Spider-Man when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for Miles Morales when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for GT7 when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for Horizon Forbidden West when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for Ragnarok when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have

PS owners have spent more money on PS5 to play the same games. Thanks Sony!

I spent more money on PC to have more power, do more things, multi task, mod support, no censorship bullshit, my games will move forward with me, emulation, customization, personalization, and to do work.

You're a simple person who wants simple things. We're not all like that. :cool:

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
I don't much care one way or the other, I'm simply telling you how you come off.

Maybe don't try to run with "inside" humor on an open forum and keep that in the DMs. It's nothing but an annoyance for everyone else.
Yea the sooner you realize I don't give a shit what you think the better well get on. This thread was created based on that inside humor... so tell it to the right guy maybe.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Imagine buying a PS5 for Spider-Man when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for Miles Morales when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for GT7 when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for Horizon Forbidden West when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have
Imagine buying a PS5 for Ragnarok when you can just play it on the PS4 you already have

PS owners have spent more money on PS5 to play the same games. Thanks Sony!

I spent more money on PC to have more power, do more things, multi task, mod support, no censorship bullshit, my games will move forward with me, emulation, customization, personalization, and to do work.

You're a simple person who wants simple things. We're not all like that. :cool:
Imma be honest, I have both a PS5 and PC and I still play far more on my PS5 for a reason. And it's not "simplicity".

Reactions: rofif

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
Agree. The only thing that may change my experience between the PS5 and PC are the Dualsense features, which are actually not gimmicky. If the PC supports them,, your experience will likely be better. I say likely because of course it depends on hardware.
I'll also say that depends on if you actually like these features to begin with. In something like Cod, Returnal or Devil May Cry 5 I'm not looking for "immersion" I'm trying to not die or get my combos right.

Reactions: Remij

Contra

17 Jul 2022
Northern Hellscapes
Nobody cares about Xbox and PC exclusives.
Multiple stores? Stop lying, you are all about steam supremacy and are always crying over epic. Freedom? You keep playin the game f2p trash for ages and sometimes treat yourselves to something like ER.
Emulation-worthy systems run on potato pcs.
Gaming pcs are bad investments unless you work on demanding task on that very same pc. But you do you.

Xbox games like the Forzas are some of the best in their genre, Epic is great when they aren't shitting up Windows with their janky installer. Potato PCs are more powerful at legacy gaming than consoles and it's a point to their favor, not a detriment.

Gaming PCs cost more up front, and yet retarded console warriors think that it somehow nullifies all the features and games they don't have access to on the locked down plastic toy brand they choose to limit themselves with.

As if "investments" in game consoles vs PCs is a serious train of thought worth exploring. One is fixed, one is modular and constantly changing for the better. Both play the same games. PC offers more games, legacy, and performance if you aren't limited by budget.

Keep fighting that aggressive fight though, you do you, not too swift.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Gaming PCs cost more up front, and yet retarded console warriors think that it somehow nullifies all the features and games they don't have access to on the locked down plastic toy brand they choose to limit themselves with.

Can we please elevate the discourse level here?

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Xbox games like the Forzas are some of the best in their genre, Epic is great when they aren't shitting up Windows with their janky installer. Potato PCs are more powerful at legacy gaming than consoles and it's a point to their favor, not a detriment.

As if "investments" in game consoles vs PCs is a serious train of thought worth exploring. One is fixed, one is modular and constantly changing for the better. Both play the same games. PC offers more games, legacy, and performance if you aren't limited by budget.

Keep fighting that aggressive fight though, you do you, not too swift.
K-Pop GIF

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Imma be honest, I have both a PS5 and PC and I still play far more on my PS5 for a reason. And it's not "simplicity".
same here yeah.
All ps4 games run better on it and ps5 games like ratchet, demons or returnal are fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.