dispelling the myth that PC is a 'premium' place to play games - Steam's top 10 highest rated games paint a bleak picture for the platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I'm very serious about this thread and feel passionately about the subject. Don't let others slander or put words in my mouth.

PC is damaging the industry with low-rent freeware, entitled multiplatform begging gamers, and it is simply NOT the premium place for game development.
this is too over the top. 😂
It’s not the platform’s fault, you have to blame both users and developers.

Reactions: rofif
OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
this is too over the top. 😂
It’s not the platform’s fault, you have to blame both users and developers.
we have to get MS and Sony to take notice. PC is damaging both the PlayStation and Xbox brand and everyone can see it plain as day. Gamers are fed up of having to kowtow to and appease an entitled, niche segment of brat gamers who offer nothing of value to the medium, solely so Sony/MS can maximize profits at our expense.

the PC pity port parade comes to an end if we vocalize our opinions and let them be known. We've swayed trends in the industry before and it can happen again.

let them know. No more PC pity ports.

• haha
Reactions: Gh0stnTheBashShell

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Emulation is not illegal. You can do it 100% legally, and many do. Pirating ROM files, however, is. There's a very important difference there.

That said, once you get your emulator settings tweaked just right (especially for the Switch) your experience is generally significantly smoother than the Switch itself. Higher resolution, framerate, etc. It IS, however, a bit labor-intensive and not as simple or convenient as native hardware. ||

Just wanted to get that out there. 😅

Yeah I agree it might be smoother etc.
Just overall playing Switch games on the emulation without owning the real versions of the games is illegal. Im pretty sure if anyone makes a video of playing the roms with there. address Nintendo would be sending mail lol.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Yeah I agree it might be smoother etc.
Just overall playing Switch games on the emulation without owning the real versions of the games is illegal. Im pretty sure if anyone makes a video of playing the roms with there. address Nintendo would be sending mail lol.
They can send mail all they like, they can threaten to sue all they want, but the best they can do is abuse YouTube's copyright claim system. Beyond that? Toothless.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They can send mail all they like, they can threaten to sue all they want, but the best they can do is abuse YouTube's copyright claim system. Beyond that? Toothless.

Interesting. I thought they would be able to get to court etc

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
another misconception, emulating switch games on your PC is the definition of piracy. Nintendo is not authorizing you to pirate the files and play them on an unauthorized platform, that being your PC. Stop spreading this insanity. It's illegal, and everyone knows it.

this is yet another instance of where people are forced to play nice with these terrorist PC gamers and their demands to be respected and taken seriously.

Nintendo should find every single one of these folks responsible for YUZU emulator and sue the pants off of them, and when it happens (it will) I will be suitably laughing.

PC thief gamers have officially been put on notice. Look at how they squirm when their privileges are checked.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
I'm very serious about this thread and feel passionately about the subject. Don't let others slander or put words in my mouth.

PC is damaging the industry with low-rent freeware, entitled multiplatform begging gamers, and it is simply NOT the premium place for game development.
Those games would exist no matter what, my guy. Every PC is potentially a "devkit" so long as you have the tools. That's why we need to press for better quality control on storefronts. But to say the platform is "damaging the industry" is silly. Especially when half these games have console ports as well.

But having said that... have you played any of these games on your list to know which are "trash", or are you going off an instinctive bias?

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
another misconception, emulating switch games on your PC is the definition of piracy. Nintendo is not authorizing you to pirate the files and play them on an unauthorized platform, that being your PC. Stop spreading this insanity. It's illegal, and everyone knows it.

this yet another instance of where people are forced to play nice with these terrorist PC gamers and their demands to be respected and taken seriously.

Nintendo should find every single one of these folks responsible for YUZU emulator and sue the pants off of them, and when it happens (it will) I will be suitably laughing.

PC thief gamers have officially been put on notice. Look at how they squirm when their privileges are checked.
Nintendo doesn't need to authorize me to download anything if I rip those files right off the cart that I own.
Video Games Thinking GIF by PlayStation

yewles1

21 Jun 2022
Indianapolis, IN, USA
PSN ID
yewyew1
we have to get MS and Sony to take notice. PC is damaging both the PlayStation and Xbox brand and everyone can see it plain as day. Gamers are fed up of having to kowtow to and appease an entitled, niche segment of brat gamers who offer nothing of value to the medium, solely so Sony/MS can maximize profits at our expense.

the PC pity port parade comes to an end if we vocalize our opinions and let them be known. We've swayed trends in the industry before and it can happen again.

let them know. No more PC pity ports.
It's not the platform's fault, it's the warriors and propagandists they listen to. Consumers that opine against it are blocked out.

OP
OP
Bodycount611

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
It's not the platform's fault, it's the warriors and propagandists they listen too. Consumers that opine against are blocked out.
yep, or you're called toxic because you don't want to be ripped off by PC gamers.

it's some bizarro world phenomenon going on right now in gaming.

call these folks out, everywhere. let devs and publishers know. let Sony and MS know.

• haha
Reactions: Gh0stnTheBashShell

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022

The strategy as we were developing it when I was there was that we need to go out to where these new customers are, where these new fans could be," Layden said last year. "We need to go to where they are... Because they've decided not to come to my house, so I've got to go to their house now. And what's the best way to go to their house? Why not take one of our top-selling games?"

Your boys came to our house... not the other way around. No PC gamers were begging for this shit.

PS devs just vibin...

In a recent interview with Nikkei, Executive Deputy President of Sony Corp. Kazuo Kii said that INZONE is primarily focused on PC gaming, from the highest demanding points of esports to the more accessible casual play.

Sony is going all in... and PS fanboys like Bodytoxic are just going to have to deal with it. :cool:

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA

Your boys came to our house... not the other way around. No PC gamers were begging for this shit.

PS devs just vibin...

Sony is going all in... and PS fanboys like Bodytoxic are just going to have to deal with it. :cool:

Very interesting place to stop that Layden quote.

Also very interesting cherry-picking.

Last edited:

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
You’re a person that likes to waste money and seek validation from random people on forums.
We’re still playing the same games paying way less for them.
You do you.
We're seeking validation? Who keeps making these kind of threads? We don't begin these discussions, you people do because you're insecure.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Remij

Warnen

15 Jul 2022
Y'all should be mad at Sony for going multiplat not at us for reaping the benefits. Look at Nintendo they had confidence in their business model.

Reactions: Bryank75

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
An electronics company making electronics is hardly indicative of your conclusion, and someone playing on a Steam Deck is... someone playing on a Steam Deck. But I guess you think that makes your point somehow so you do you, I guess.
It does make my point. The rest if us are just gaming and vibing... while PS fanboys are making threads like these crying and calling for revolts 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.