Dragon's Dogma 2 sold 3 million copies

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
aoHzy7F.jpeg

hUlRGVX.jpeg
stupid pc gamers.
Dragons Dogma 2 is 10x better game than Forbidden West.
Don't get me wrong, Forbidden West is FINE but it's such a boring woke collectathon of branches to make one of 10 arrow types. You scan every enemy and it's just bloated and boring. Talk about boring when you make a game about a fucking ROBOT DINOSAURS and it's boring.

Dragons Dogma 2 is not perfect, there is a lot of running and there should be teleport stones in the world out there without buying them.
But it's a fantastic game to play and looks amazing.
I played it on ps5 at barely 30fps and I had a great time with it.
I played a bit at my 4080 friends pc and it ran like 100fps at 4k super ultrawide or something. What are people problems with it on pc?! Just ugprade your rigs or be ready to play at ONLY 60fps or lower.

Anyway - pc gamers judge game score too much based just on it's technical side. Game is more than 90fps. good game is good at 20 fps and at 120fps.
And while this game dipped to 20fps on ps5, I couldn't care less. It played great

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
stupid pc gamers.
Dragons Dogma 2 is 10x better game than Forbidden West.
Don't get me wrong, Forbidden West is FINE but it's such a boring woke collectathon of branches to make one of 10 arrow types. You scan every enemy and it's just bloated and boring. Talk about boring when you make a game about a fucking ROBOT DINOSAURS and it's boring.

Dragons Dogma 2 is not perfect, there is a lot of running and there should be teleport stones in the world out there without buying them.
But it's a fantastic game to play and looks amazing.
I played it on ps5 at barely 30fps and I had a great time with it.
I played a bit at my 4080 friends pc and it ran like 100fps at 4k super ultrawide or something. What are people problems with it on pc?! Just ugprade your rigs or be ready to play at ONLY 60fps or lower.

Anyway - pc gamers judge game score too much based just on it's technical side. Game is more than 90fps. good game is good at 20 fps and at 120fps.
And while this game dipped to 20fps on ps5, I couldn't care less. It played great
My friend is playing it as we speak, and he is really enjoying it.

Saying that he says and I Quote " For the love of god they need to add a hide helmet option" + "The paws are great but they never shut up "

Reactions: rofif

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I wanted to see if Horizon was on sale on steam but it doesn’t seem to be so correct me if I’m wrong. Really impressive tbh.

Most of Sony’s pc ports are evergreen games. To some extent I expect the brand strength to grow with each new release and port and effectively strengthen the performance of older games in time.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Man both are shit games, one is a worse rehash of a previous game with mind numbing content for padding justified as "organic gameplay" and the other is a mary sue saves the world with a pretty gfx collectathon. You can replace aloy with bronze, nickel or carbon and people won't be able to tell the difference

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Man both are shit games, one is a worse rehash of a previous game with mind numbing content for padding justified as "organic gameplay" and the other is a mary sue saves the world with a pretty gfx collectathon. You can replace aloy with bronze, nickel or carbon and people won't be able to tell the difference
I couldn't get into first Dragons Dogma and I've tried few times. And I love the sequel. Finished it on release.
Horizon 1 I finished 2 times... Forbidden West was a slog. they didn't improve at all. Only went deeper on everything. flaws too

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I couldn't get into first Dragons Dogma and I've tried few times. And I love the sequel. Finished it on release.
Horizon 1 I finished 2 times... Forbidden West was a slog. they didn't improve at all. Only went deeper on everything. flaws too
I like dragons dogma but someone can only take so many times of going on the same pathways from one corner of the map to the other for dumb quests. By the end I could remember how many saurians, harpies, goblins mobs were there on which pathway- that is not how you do game design.

Coming to Horizon - the world building and lore is interesting but the characters are absolutely atrocious that look they are written by fan-fic writers that self publish their hobby writing on kindle online for shits and giggles.

A prequel of horizon where the downfall of civilization is taking place is more interesting then the adventures of aloy and friends on their dora the explorer arc.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I like dragons dogma but someone can only take so many times of going on the same pathways from one corner of the map to the other for dumb quests. By the end I could remember how many saurians, harpies, goblins mobs were there on which pathway- that is not how you do game design.

Coming to Horizon - the world building and lore is interesting but the characters are absolutely atrocious that look they are written by fan-fic writers that self publish their hobby writing on kindle online for shits and giggles.

A prequel of horizon where the downfall of civilization is taking place is more interesting then the adventures of aloy and friends on their dora the explorer arc.
constant running around in DD2 indeed was tiring. But I places port crystals in few places and it was a bit better.
Agree on forbidden west. Good world but HORRIBLE characters. That Alva the woke bitch was insufferable.

Reactions: quest4441