Famitsu launch: ~2.5m
NPD launch: ~1.6m

FFIX
Famitsu launch: ~1.95m
NPD launch ~2.33m

FFX
Famitsu launch: ~1.75m
NPD launch: ~2.75m

How much do you believe they sold in EU and RotW?
Less than 1 million will put all of them except FFVII at over 5 million launch sales.

Of course FF never released outside Japan didn't do 5 million... these are FFII, FFIII and FFV.
FFI, FFIV and FFVI probably didn't do either but we have no data to said either... but these FFs where the age of rise of the franchise... each new entry sold more than the previous one.

Buy hey... from FFVII to FFXV all mainlines FFs did around 5 million at launch.
We are talking about near 2 decades selling at these numbers.

You have 3 ages of FFs.

FFI - FFVI: The rise... each new entry selling better than the previous
FFVII - FFXV: The peak... each new entry selling around 5 million at launch... not suprised the best selling lifetime FFs are here.
FFR - FFVI - The decline... each new entry selling less than the previous.

You can of course say the decline started with FFXV... it did sold like the previous age but it reception was so bad that probably affected the next games in the franchise.... so in terms of perception (not sales) FFXV probably cabe be into the "Decline" age.

Show us the receipts namely one better than VGchartz.

Where did you get those Famitsu figures?

Still that isn’t most FF games.

You are talking nonsense considering FF15 is the best selling launch FF game and that did 5 million on launch. This is from Square themselves.

How can most FF games sell 5 million at launch when the best selling FF game at launch did 5 million?

Please explain this?

FINAL FANTASY XV day one shipment and digital sales exceed 5 million units, becoming the fastest selling game in the history of the series!
— Square Enix USA (@SquareEnixUSA) December 1, 2016

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Show us the receipts namely one better than VGchartz.

Where did you get those Famitsu figures?

Still that isn’t most FF games.

You are talking nonsense considering FF15 is the best selling launch FF game and that did 5 million on launch. This is from Square themselves.

How can most FF games sell 5 million at launch when the best selling FF game at launch did 5 million?

Please explain this?
I put the source NPD and Famitsu… the data is public.

And about your Twitter it is because previous FFs have split launch… Japan first, US after and then EU.

When you add SALES-THOUGHT (not shipment) from the region launches then you have more than 5 million.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I put the source NPD and Famitsu… the data is public.

And about your Twitter it is because previous FFs have split launch… Japan first, US after and then EU.

Split or not. Square are not idiots.

Or you know better than them?

If Square are saying FF15 is the best selling FF game at launch selling 5 million copies then how did most FF games sell 5 million at launch?

Secondly FF15 is the only FF game I know of which released multi-platform at launch. The rest didn’t and had some form of exclusivity at launch. Permanent or timed which affects sales further.

Another reason your claim is nonsense.

That’s why it’s a waste of time debating with you. You think you know better than everyone including Square Enix here.

Deluded.

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't think you can call Final Fantasy a popular franchise any more.

FF Franchise : 185 million
DD Franchise : 11.7 million

You see the difference or no ?

FF stay a popular franchise, the average sales of FF16 and Rebirth doesn't change anything.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Split or not. Square are not idiots.

Or you know better than them?

If Square are saying FF15 is the best selling FF game at launch selling 5 million copies then how did most FF games sell 5 million at launch?

Secondly FF15 is the only FF game I know of which released multi-platform at launch. The rest didn’t and had some form of exclusivity at launch. Permanent or timed which affects sales further.

Another reason your claim is nonsense.

That’s why it’s a waste of time debating with you. You think you know better than everyone including Square Enix here.

Deluded.
I'm not sure if I have to explain that but...

FFXV launch shipment
WW: 5 million on November 2016.

FFX launch shipment (split guess)
- JP: 2 million on July 2001.
- US: 3 million December 2001.
- EU & RotW: ?? on May 2002.

Do you understand what split launch means now?
Do you understand that FFX launch shipment combined was bigger than FFXV?
Do you understand that FFXV launch shipment was only a record because it released at same day worldwide?

Until FFXIII launch shipment was split between regions in different dates (different quarters in terms of Fiscal Year)... FFXV was the first FF to have a worldwide shipment.

Basically Square Enix used the worldwide shipment of FFXV and compared with just Japan shipment with the others games and called it a record lol
Seems like you don't understand how these PR spin works.

It was like MS calling to everybody via PR that Series had record sales when it launched in 50 or so countries compared with 13 on Xbox One... when time passed and Xbox One launched in the others countries (took near 2 years for that) naturally Series sales fell behind Xbox One at same period.

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Muddasar

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
FF Franchise : 185 million
DD Franchise : 11.7 million

You see the difference or no ?

FF stay a popular franchise, the average sales of FF16 and Rebirth doesn't change anything.
The point is it's declining regardless of quality

Reactions: ethomaz

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I'm not sure if I have to explain that but...

FFXV launch shipment
WW: 5 million on November 2016.

- JP: 2 million on July 2001.
- US: 3 million December 2001.

Do you understand what split launch means now?
Do you understand that FFX launch shipment combined was bigger than FFXV?
Do you understand that FFXV launch shipment was only a record because it released at same day worldwide?

Until FFXIII launch shipment was split between regions in different dates (different quarters in terms of Fiscal Year)... FFXV was the first FF to have a worldwide shipment.

Basically Square Enix used the worldwide shipment of FFXV and compared with just Japan shipment with the others games and called it a record lol
Seems like you don't understand how these PR spin works.

It was like MS calling to everybody via PR that Series had record sales when it launched in 50 or so countries compared with 13 on Xbox One... when time passed and Xbox One launched in the others countries (took near 2 years for that) naturally Series sales fell behind Xbox One at same period.

You really are a piece of work along with another on this forum. Never wrong and a waste of time debating.

You obviously know better than Square themselves.

Square Enix says FF15 is the best selling FF game at launch with 5 million copies sold. The only Multiplatform launch FF game.

Ethomaz says most FF games sold 5 million at launch and Square are wrong. The rest which had some exclusivity and affects sales for obvious reasons.

Ethomaz believes Ethomaz is correct and Square the makers of the game are incorrect.

Seriously you can’t make this up.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You really are a piece of work along with another on this forum. Never wrong and a waste of time debating.

You obviously know better than Square themselves.

Square Enix says FF15 is the best selling FF game at launch with 5 million copies sold. The only Multiplatform launch FF game.

Ethomaz says most FF games sold 5 million at launch and Square are wrong. The rest which had some exclusivity and affects sales for obvious reasons.

Ethomaz believes Ethomaz is correct and Square the makers of the game are incorrect.

Seriously you can’t make this up.
I showed data to you that what I said is true lol

FFXV is only the best shipped FF because it was the first to launch Worldwide at the same date.
Typical PR spin.

If you take Japan + US + EU + RotW launch and combined them to compared the Worldwide shipment then most FFs from FFVII to FFXIII shipped more than FFXV at launch... you clear don't understand the concept of worldwide launch in the same day vs split region launch with each one in a different date.

These are facts from NPD and Famitsu.

BTW being Multiplatform or not doesn't change anything... FFXIII was multiplatform too... and Xbox launch shipment for FFXV was like 500k units because near 4.5m was PS only. People believing FFXVI, Rebirth, etc could had sold way more being multiplatform are just deducional... Xbox shipment nowdays should not even be 500k anymore... Gamepass killed even that.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I showed data to you that what I said is true lol

FFXV is only the best shipped FF because it was the first to launch Worldwide at the same date.
Typical PR spin.

If you take Japan + US + EU + RotW launch and combined them to compared the Worldwide shipment then most FFs from FFVII to FFXIII shipped more than FFXV at launch... you clear don't understand the concept of worldwide launch in the same day vs split region launch with each one in a different date.

These are facts from NPD and Famitsu.

BTW being Multiplatform or not doesn't change anything... FFXIII was multiplatform too... and Xbox launch shipment for FFXV was like 500k units because near 4.5m was PS only. People believing FFXVI, Rebirth, etc could had sold way more being multiplatform are just deducional... Xbox shipment nowdays should not even be 500k anymore... Gamepass killed even that.

What bigger source is there than Square themselves.

Square says FF15 is the best selling FF game at launch with 5 million copies sold.

You on the other hand say most FF games have sold 5 million too at launch cause they were split and Square are wrong.

Am I gonna believe Square the maker of the game or Ethomaz the random poster?

Of course Ethomaz will say believe me cause he simply loves the sound of his voice and thinks his word is gospel.

PS - FFXIII was Japan exclusive to PS3. All FF games have had some form of exclusivity except FF15.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What bigger source is there than Square themselves.

Square says FF15 is the best selling FF game at launch with 5 million copies sold.

You on the other hand say most FF games have sold 5 million too at launch cause they were split and Square are wrong.

Am I gonna believe Square the maker of the game or Ethomaz the random poster?

Of course Ethomaz will say believe me cause he simply loves the sound of his voice and thinks his word is gospel.

PS - FFXIII was Japan exclusive to PS3. All FF games have had some form of exclusivity except FF15.
Again...

Square Enix were comparing WW shipment for FFXV with Japan shipment for others FFs because they are only getting the first date shipment.
But the old games launched in others places that had it own launch shipment.
Combined all region launch shipment most FFs did ship more than 5 million.

Can't you understand?

PS. Can somebody please explain better to him? Because it is maybe a lack of understanding due language issues 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Again...

Square Enix is comparing WW sales for FFXV with Japan sales for others FFs.

Can't you understand?

No I don’t think you understand.

Did Square say that or you just made it up?

Again I go back to your original comment. Most FF games sold 5 million at launch. Which is nonsense.

According to Square the best selling FF game at launch is FF15 which sold 5 million.

Making it the ONLY FF game to sell 5 million at launch according to Square Enix themselves.

Your opinion and whoever else is irrelevant.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No I don’t think you understand.

Did Square say that or you just made it up?

Again I go back to your original comment. Most FF games sold 5 million at launch. Which is nonsense.

According to Square the best selling FF game at launch is FF15 which sold 5 million.

Making it the ONLY FF game to sell 5 million at launch according to Square Enix themselves.

Your opinion and whoever else is irrelevant.
We have data that backup that.

You just don't believe Famitsu and NPD.
Most FFs without EU & RotW did near 5 million SOLD (sold to consumers not shipment like you are using as sold) at launch with Japan and US alone.

Facts are never irrelevant even if you don't believe them 🤷‍♂️

I'm not even giving my opinion lol

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
We have data that backup that.

You just don't believe Famitsu and NPD.
Most FFs without EU & RotW did near 5 million SOLD at launch with Japan and US alone.

Facts are never irrelevant even if you don't believe them 🤷‍♂️

I'm not even giving my opinion lol

We have the data?

You have better data than Square Enix?

Man just give it a rest. Your opinion is NOT facts. Learn to realise that.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
We have the data?

You have better data than Square Enix?

Man just give it a rest. Your opinion is NOT facts. Learn to realise that.
Not opinion here... just facts.

Yeap we have data like I posted dozen of times to you...

Square Enix when FFXV is the best shipment in FF history they are talking only at the single release date shipment.
FFXV had a single release date shipment.
Others FFs not... they have several release dates (one for each region)... but Square comparison just cover other first release date shipment that is Japan.

That is fine but it is just a PR spin.
You release the first time WW at the same time and calls it the record shipment.

But when you look at actual sales.... you understand the reality.
Because you combined all regions release date shipment you will have more shipment than FFXV.

Like I give you a pretty clear example you ignore.

FFXV launch shipment
- WW: 5 million on November 2016.

- JP: 2 million on July 2001 (Famitsu sales ~1.75m).
- US: 3 million December 2001 (NPD sales 2.75m).

You see that launch shipment is split in different dates for FFX?

Square Enix compared 5m FFXV with 2m FFX... the first shipment that for FFXV is the world and for FFX only includes Japan.

PS. Square Enix have that data... they know they shipped more if they combined all region launches... but for PR reasons they don't count the launch date from others regions as day one shipment but in fact it is the day one shipment for that specific region.

Edit - I give you another example in a easy way to understand how PR spin works.

MS always claimed for the whole 360 generation they were ahead PS3 in sales.
That is true but at the same time a spin.
Because if you launch aligned the sales PS3 was never behind 360.
The year head start give the sensation 360 was selling better than PS3... it was a fake sensation because PS3 sold better every year.

Same for FFs shipment data... the region split sales give the sensation FFXV shipped more but in fact if you count all regions it didn't.
A better comparison should have beeen FFXV shipment in Japan vs old FFs shipment in Japan.
If you include others regions shipment for FFXV (5m) then you should include it to others FFs.
I mean it is logic.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Sony should learn from Capcom: it manages to produce games with moderate production costs, that are beautiful, complex and don't need to sell tens of millions to pay for themselves
Fuck out of here with this nonsense. Ghost of Tsushima was a lot cheaper than this thing

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar