Dualsense V2 listed - 12 hour battery life

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
The last one I had did not budge, even with that. That works for controllers that are starting to go bad with drift, so you can sort of get it back under control for spurts with that method but once they go all the way, nothing superficial will do. Not even opening the controller and cleaning it (which I've tried). It usually lessens the drift for a time and it goes back. I do put a ton of mileage on them. FPS's, TPS's and RPG's with "running" on the left analog stick as a trigger forward hold are usually the killers. Any action that requires left analog stick forward trigger hold eventually, with time, kills it, in my experience.
COD chews through them like diapers

Reactions: Deleted member 223

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
No offense but why are people so misinformed about things like this? The marketing for 12 hours have always been there. If your battery doesn’t last that long or longer your controller battery is worn down from use. Which is normal

/can’t post trashera link/

Exact same battery

/can’tpost trashera link/

Edit/

trashera links not allowed anymore?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
None of this is true.

Please read my post above.

A new DualSense last 15 hours and reduces with use and charging.

If your controller only last 6 hours brand new you have a broken controller.

6 to 9 hours is impossible on a new DualSense.
that's reality. go, and search online, ask every user, they will tell you.

also, dualsense controler's battery is like 1500ma and 4000ma can hold on around 16-18h.
you are writing total bollocks. i have like 7 PS5 controllers, 4000ma batteries. did tests.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
that's reality. go, and search online, ask every user, they will tell you.

also, dualsense controler's battery is like 1500ma and 4000ma can hold on around 16-18h.
you are writing total bollocks. i have like 7 PS5 controllers, 4000ma batteries. did tests.

So my controllers are lying to me? Am I in another time dimension?

No brand new DualSense only last 6 hours.

This whole thread is based on a false premise. The controller always has the 12 hours market point since launch.

The V2 controller uses THE SAME BATTERY.

Some of you are so clueless.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Some people are saying they only get 1-2 hours of battery life 😂🤣 I must be one of the lucky ones cuz I easily get 8+ hours with mine

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
D

Deleted member 223

Just luck I’m afraid. Jumped on the upgraded models since they came around, and gone through about 3 since. 🥲

It’s COD. Ultimate torture test.
Destiny for me, and other Third person RPGs. I think we've narrowed it down really well to what sort of usage kills them, and Sony absolutely knows it. Happened with DS4's as well. The part is still the same. Luck has nothing to do with it at this point and there are class action lawsuits regarding this. Sony knows they got a lemon and still ship their controllers with that. So does MS and Nintendo to be fair. The ultimate "collusion plot".

Since Sony has fucked me over regarding this matter over 5 times between PS4 and PS5 gen I got a working method to deal with this. Not honorable, but neither is the corp selling me the product. Safe to say it's now less of a hassle for me, and me doing the fucking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Shmunter

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Reduced weight, much appreciated 12 hour battery, same price? Let’s do business, Sony. Time to get one of those cool shiny metallic controllers.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Destiny for me, and other Third person RPGs. I think we've narrowed it down really well to what sort of usage kills them, and Sony absolutely knows it. Happened with DS4's as well. The part is still the same. Luck has nothing to do with it at this point and there are class action lawsuits regarding this. Sony knows they got a lemon and still ship their controllers with that. So does MS and Nintendo to be fair. The ultimate "collusion plot".

Since Sony has fucked me over regarding this matter over 5 times between PS4 and PS5 gen I got a working method to deal with this. Not honorable, but neither is the corp selling me the product.
Damn right

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
My controller definitely doesn't last 12 - 15 hours...

It's around 8+ hours. 9 hours tops

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Reduced weight and more battery? How?
k-pop magic GIF

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Some people are saying they only get 1-2 hours of battery life 😂🤣 I must be one of the lucky ones cuz I easily get 8+ hours with mine

What game drains the battery in about 1-2 hours? I have 4 controllers I cycle through, and all get 7-9 consistently.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Pfft, COD.

TLOU Factions fucked up my first PS4 pad's triangle button. It's... Everything in that game. Loot box opener/item collection and to special execute enemies. I feel like it has even more contextual uses too.