Dualsense V2 listed - 12 hour battery life

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Reduced weight, much appreciated 12 hour battery, same price? Let’s do business, Sony. Time to get one of those cool shiny metallic controllers.

Nothing has drastically changed.

Same weight, same battery. Just do little ounce of research. Don’t believe everything you see in an article or online.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Besides the DualSense already has different weights based off either manufacture variance, or Sony changing it a year after launch.

People were already noticing in 2021 the controller being lighter than their launch controllers.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Dualsense definitely doesn't last 12 hours rn. Brand new it lasts maybe 8-10 hours if you turn off all the haptics and controller speakers. After some break-in it settles closer to 8. If you have the haptics on full blast it lasts like 4-6 depending on how heavy the game is, like astros playroom is closer to 4.

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Lmao, what next.

Iphone to ship with one time use AA battery slot instead of Li-Po battery to be more consumer friendly.

What a bunch of moron.
I love how they overlook the fact that Xbox controls cost the same as PlayStation ones do, and batteries are an additional expense on top of that. So pro-consumer!

If you do as the Xbots say and buy an Xbox controller and eneloops and a charger for those, here in Canada you’ve just spent twice what the PlayStation controller costs, and that’s assuming you can find Eneloops to begin with, they’re not easy to get here.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I've never counted and I never noticed my battery going worse but 3-4 hours is ridiculous. Genki is a liar and an xbot.
Same.... who even plays video games more than 8 hours at a time? The longest stretches I've had were ff16 and spider-man 2, each sessions were over 8 hours and my battery never died. By the time I was done, I plugged my controller in and went to bed 🤣 battery has never been a concern for me. Claims of getting only 1,2,3,4, hours sound so ridiculous to me, they're either liars or have broken controllers....

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
those rechargeable batteries only last a year at best, even if you rarely use it.

They have a very short discharge cycle that will reach to 25% of capacity by a year, unlike Li-Po/Li-ion.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I never had a problem with DS3, DS4 or Dual Sense battery life but I would still be up to trading mine if the new controller is even better.

In fact, I've been on PlayStation for about 15 years at this point and never had any issue with the controllers.

I use two controllers, when one discharges completely change to the other one.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
That is Sony. Outside of gaming, a waste.
Spoken like someone who hasn’t used a Sony TV, receiver, haleadphones or anything, really.

Sony is back to where they were in the 1980s in terms of quality and innovation throughout the company.

Sony Pictures is still a little hit-and-miss, though.

Last edited:

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Spoken like someone who’s hasn’t used a Sony TV, receiver, haleadphones or anything, really.

Sony is back to where they were in the 1980s in terms of quality and innovation throughout the company.

Sony Pictures is still a little hit-and-miss, though.
That's...not true at all? They are industry leaders in music&entertainment, digital image sensors, and tvs (although tbf it's more image processing than tvs as they don't manufacture the high end panels themselves).
I am joking, relax. Sony is best at audio and visual. Iphones use a sony lens for their cameras.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I am joking, relax. Sony is best at audio and visual. Iphones use a sony lens for their cameras.
Not the lens, the imaging sensor.

The thing a lot of people who buy LG TVs don’t realize is that, while Sony and LG co-own the panel factory and use the same panels, the processing in the Sonys is better, and the smart TV features, interface and firmware functionality are FAR better on Sony. LG constantly has features that don’t work right or get broken by updates.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Arc

5 Sep 2023
Nothing has drastically changed.

Same weight, same battery. Just do little ounce of research. Don’t believe everything you see in an article or online.
Well, of course this is all under the assumption this is true, and pending an official announcement.

I appreciate it, but I’m not an idiot. Lol.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
No offense but why are people so misinformed about things like this? The marketing for 12 hours have always been there. If your battery doesn’t last that long or longer your controller battery is worn down from use. Which is normal

/can’t post trashera link/

Exact same battery

/can’tpost trashera link/

Edit/

trashera links not allowed anymore?
I want what you are smoking. I am not saying that your controller does not last that long, but you are saying that I am "misinformed" when I (and many others) say that the battery lasts about 6-8 hours. I was playing mostly on PC in the last 2 weeks while I played Youtube on my PS5 for background noise. The controller never lasted more than 6.5 hours. I got my PS5 a few years back and one of my controllers is about 1.5 years old. Same shit battery. It NEVER lsated 12 hours, never nor have I heard (until now) that anyone had the battery last that long. Also, stick drift is an issue had to send my original to be fixed (was under warranty, in the 1st year of owning it and the PS5).