Dualsense V2 listed - 12 hour battery life

Arc

5 Sep 2023
FYI, different games can run the battery harder.

Spoida for example, on full rumble settings, will require quite a bit more charging than most games you’ll play.

Some different user experiences could be attributable to this. Imagine playing something with hardly any rumble at all, or shut off, for example.

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Not the lens, the imaging sensor.

The thing a lot of people who buy LG TVs don’t realize is that, while Sony and LG co-own the panel factory and use the same panels, the processing in the Sonys is better, and the smart TV features, interface and firmware functionality are FAR better on Sony. LG constantly has features that don’t work right or get broken by updates.
Thanks for the info. I just knew Sony does the camera.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Controller weight was already reduced slightly from launch model. Sony always cheaps out on the controller and system with the revised models

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I want what you are smoking. I am not saying that your controller does not last that long, but you are saying that I am "misinformed" when I (and many others) say that the battery lasts about 6-8 hours. I was playing mostly on PC in the last 2 weeks while I played Youtube on my PS5 for background noise. The controller never lasted more than 6.5 hours. I got my PS5 a few years back and one of my controllers is about 1.5 years old. Same shit battery. It NEVER lsated 12 hours, never nor have I heard (until now) that anyone had the battery last that long. Also, stick drift is an issue had to send my original to be fixed (was under warranty, in the 1st year of owning it and the PS5).
It is a basically a fact, more or less, it last 6-8h.
I tried 4000ma batteries, it last 16-18h and those are more then 2,5x more than basic one.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
I want what you are smoking. I am not saying that your controller does not last that long, but you are saying that I am "misinformed" when I (and many others) say that the battery lasts about 6-8 hours. I was playing mostly on PC in the last 2 weeks while I played Youtube on my PS5 for background noise. The controller never lasted more than 6.5 hours. I got my PS5 a few years back and one of my controllers is about 1.5 years old. Same shit battery. It NEVER lsated 12 hours, never nor have I heard (until now) that anyone had the battery last that long. Also, stick drift is an issue had to send my original to be fixed (was under warranty, in the 1st year of owning it and the PS5).

I guess I’m not understanding why your battery is that low? My main controller has over a year of use. It still takes 4 hours for 1 bar, 3 for the second, and another 3 for the 3rd, not the battery low indicator, full shut off. This is with haptics on strong. On low level get an extra 2 hours. I never tried with it off. Which obviously will be even longer.

A brand new DualSense is easily 15+ hours of use.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
FYI, different games can run the battery harder.

Spoida for example, on full rumble settings, will require quite a bit more charging than most games you’ll play.

Some different user experiences could be attributable to this. Imagine playing something with hardly any rumble at all, or shut off, for example.

This is important too. Very good point.

Even accounting for averages, the controller is very dynamic depending on the game.

Reactions: Arc

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
SP -> garbage
SJM -> bloated
SElec -> hit or miss

I don't know, seem like other divisions is pretty trash to me.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Best about it is the almost silent buttons

otherwise Xbox controller is better (as a PC gamer)
The Xbox controller feels like cheap junk compared to the DualSense..... but they do have some beautiful controller designs

• haha
Reactions: Kx11

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I think most of the xbox controllers look tacky
Starfield is a mid game but the controller looks great. If the game wasn't ass, I probably would've bought one.

61a-v5ACH8L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Also the CP2077 controller has an amazing design, I own this one and it looks even better in person. I wish it was for a DualShock or DualSense instead, still don't understand how or why Xbox got the Cyberpunk marketing deal....but in hindsight, Sony dodged a bullet 😂

51ORTVVYNSL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Reactions: Arc

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Starfield is a mid game but the controller looks great. If the game wasn't ass, I probably would've bought one.

61a-v5ACH8L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Also the CP2077 controller has an amazing design, I own this one and it looks even better in person. I wish it was for a DualShock or DualSense instead, still don't understand how or why Xbox got the Cyberpunk marketing deal....but in hindsight, Sony dodged a bullet 😂

51ORTVVYNSL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
See, I'm just not really a fan of those designs

• Surprised
Reactions: JAHGamer

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
what controller design do you like?

PS has pretty bad designs, besides the new Spider-Man 2 one, the only other PS controller I liked was TLOU2 one
I think 90% of official custom controllers suck. I like the metallic colors of dualsense they just put out, i don't like flat or neon colors or pastels. The starfield controller is close to being good but i don't like the red midsection underneath.

But i like matte black and more original custom designs like this

fallout_pip-boy_ps4_dualshock_4_controller_end_of_line_designs_1.jpg

Like I think this custom design looks sick. No fancy design just matte black +LED backlit buttons. il_794xN.3888589538_sxyd.jpg

like if this had a dark red or navy blue backlight i'd pay a lot of money to get one customized.

here's one of an xbox design i like, but it's not official controller_blue.jpg

Last edited: