Dusk Golem: Capcom is working on 5 Resident Evil Games

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
According to Dusk Golem, Capcom is working on multiple RE:Games

imgonline-com-ua-dexif-PDMx-GSWC1wn-O.jpg

One of these projects could be released in late 2026/early 2027.

2939image.jpg

Source

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Capcom didn't learn their lesson the last time they did a Capcom 5. Can't wait to see which one is cancelled.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Capcom didn't learn their lesson the last time they did a Capcom 5.

Man, why did you have to go there.
As far as the Dust Golem leak/gossip is concerned, that seems a bit much even if you think they've got some MP RE in there.
But it is one of their best selling franchises currently and considering they're fairly similar in design, I could see very efficient parallel development going especially with some strong outsourcing partners.

With that many games, I would worry about oversaturation of the market.

Also good ol' Dust Golem has "wanted to quit" being an "insider" for like 2 years now?
He just can't keep away from that juicy gamer clout :ROFLMAO:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Let's imagine a timeline.
RE9 2025
RE5R 2026
RE GaaS Multiplayer Game 2027
Code Veronica/RE6R 2028
RE10 2029

Something like that maybe? Obviously even if their initial plan of 5 games is true, some of the projects might get cancelled before they enter production after researching the feasibility of the projects themselves or other things might happen.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Deleted member 1154

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
i unfortunately did not play that, i just played the main story and deleted it when done,
It was a great 3rd person action game with some good animations for its time. But I never finished the story 😅. That branching story concept was trash

Reactions: Sircaw

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im hoping for RE9, Remakes of RE CV, RE5, RE Zero. And whatever else they wanna do. Maybe a True next gen only RE1 remake.

RE CV before RE5 please. Dont make it any short or cut corners. Full game, just sort out of the annoying issues like ammo and save points.

If they do RE Zero again they should sort out some of the inventory stuff. Great to go back to another mansion and RE2 lab.