Embracer Group announces large-scale restructuring program including layoffs, studio closures, and game cancellations

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
But we were told acquisitions and consolidation is good for job and financial security?
it's good until they don't need it to be anymore.

Mind you, I have no hate for the time I spent in a giant corporation, the pay was not great, but I had it no matter what... and they gave me a lot of vacations.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
People says you are wrong but instead of list GAMES released they list aquisited STUDIOS.

That is exactly the issue here.
Show me the games relesed from these studios for PlayStation after the aquisition.
What are you even fucking talking about? Pretty much everything they make comes out on Playstation. And almost all of Amplifier is new studios. Pretty much all of Coffee Stain was hired on after they owned it, the current Free Radical Design was financed by them (the original had ceased to exist, the current one was made by the founders with Embracer money,) lots of the THQ-N studios were created by them or acquired within a year or two of founding and, most importantly, they're one of the few groups to regularly publish third parties' games, which lots of other groups no longer do.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What are you even fucking talking about? Pretty much everything they make comes out on Playstation. And almost all of Amplifier is new studios. Pretty much all of Coffee Stain was hired on after they owned it, the current Free Radical Design was financed by them (the original had ceased to exist, the current one was made by the founders with Embracer money,) lots of the THQ-N studios were created by them or acquired within a year or two of founding and, most importantly, they're one of the few groups to regularly publish third parties' games, which lots of other groups no longer do.
So no games lol

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I think that you are making the point for him, all studios. But you are not naming any games for some reason.

what is lost for us?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
People says you are wrong but instead of list GAMES released they list aquisited STUDIOS.

That is exactly the issue here.
Show me the games relesed from these studios for PlayStation after the aquisition.

Dude, Embracer owns over 100 studios. Trek to Yomi is a game from an Embracer studio that was released after the studio was acquired, as an example.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Dude, Embracer owns over 100 studios. Trek to Yomi is a game from an Embracer studio that was released after the studio was acquired, as an example.
$3B market value and when asked for what they released Trek to Yomi comes up? Something doesn't add up.

They used to be worth close to $15B not long ago, it never made any sense.

They are well on the way to bankruptcy and layoffs, studio closures and game cancellations won't change that trajectory.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Because it is a Devolver Digital published game that started before Flying Wild Hog aquisition...
I mean MS aquisitions doesn't block Deadloop or Ghostwire to come to PS 🤷‍♂️
Because the developer have to fullfill the contract.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
$3B market value and when asked for what they released Trek to Yomi comes up? Something doesn't add up.

Do you honestly think I'm going through a list of 130 studios to list all their releases on the playstation since they were acquired? Jesus christ. Here's some.
  • Saints Row (2022)
  • Goat Simulator 3
  • Deep Rock Galactic
  • ELEX II
  • Little Nightmares II
Also, the bulk of their acquisitions occurred since 2020. I mean the vast majority.

>130 studios, multiple holdings within them (THQ Nordic, Plaion, Saber, etc), of course they were valued at a lot of money LOL

Reactions: nongkris

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Because it is a Devolver Digital published games that started before Flying Wild Hog aquisition...

Moving Season 5 GIF by Friends

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Do you honestly think I'm going through a list of 130 studios to list all their releases on the playstation since they were acquired? Jesus christ. Here's some.
  • Saints Row (2022)
  • Goat Simulator 3
  • Deep Rock Galactic
  • ELEX II
  • Little Nightmares II
Cracking Up Lol GIF

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022

People asked for examples. I provided examples. Suddenly the examples are not valid.

Facts: They have released games on PS consoles since acquired, most of their acquisitions have been made since 2020.

That's it. IDGAF about any of the games above, but spreading bullshit does not lead to any meaningful conversation. And again, I'm not going through a list of 130 studios and find each and every release since acquisition. I provided a handful of examples that prove an argument wrong.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
People asked for examples. I provided examples. Suddenly the examples are not valid.

Facts: They have released games on PS consoles since acquired, most of their acquisitions have been made since 2020.

That's it. IDGAF about any of the games above, but spreading bullshit does not lead to any meaningful conversation. And again, I'm not going through a list of 130 studios and find each and every release since acquisition. I provided a handful of examples that prove an argument wrong.
It's not about being valid it's about them being ridiculous. Embracer is a joke.

They have not come close to releasing games that would justify their size, they are by far the most underperforming publisher.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
  • Saints Row (2022)
  • Goat Simulator 3
  • Deep Rock Galactic
  • ELEX II
  • Little Nightmares II
Also, the bulk of their acquisitions occurred since 2020. I mean the vast majority.

>130 studios, multiple holdings within them (THQ Nordic, Plaion, Saber, etc), of course they were valued at a lot of money LOL
That is the whole point... 130 studios and some games that were already in development before the aquisition (Saints Row, Goat, I won't check all).
BTW Little Nightmares II is a Bandai game.

The more you guys post the more Embracer looks bad 🤷‍♂️

And now they are closing studios after they release the games the were working before the aquisitions (of course some games got canceled but others had to release due contractual with publishers).

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
BTW Little Nightmares II is a Bandai game.

Published by Bandai. The developers are owned by Embracer. Try again.

The more you guys post the more Embracer looks bad 🤷‍♂️

IDGAF about Embracer, but you and others are blatantly lying.

And now they are closing studios after they release the games the were working before the aquisitions (of course some games got canceled but others had to release due contractual with publishers).

Unfortunate, yes, but people cheer for consolidation so that's what they get.

It's not about being valid it's about them being ridiculous. Embracer is a joke.

They have not come close to releasing games that would justify their size, they are by far the most underperforming publisher.

Besides the point.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
BTW.

Embracer early this year promised 31 AAA (they said AAA games but they have no ideia what AAA means) games until 2028.

Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal: 5
Gearbox Entertainment: 8
Saber Interactive: 11
Plaion: 6
THQ Nordic: 1

But for now... well it is the same issue I have with Xbox and it forever waiting game promises.

Call me back when Embracer delivery games... until there you guys need to accept the fact they are a joke in the gaming industry.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Stop with the vulgar insults. The "ignore" button is there for a reason.
Still no games lol
At this point you are only dodging.

List these games all these studios released on PlayStation after Embracer owned them...
They've owned THQN for a decade now and Plaion for five years. You want games? Okay brainlet, I'll do your homework for you. Lightyear Frontier, The Stretchers, Fishing: (a series of hardcore commercial fishing sims you are likely too casual to have heard of,) Satisfactory, Huntdown, Valheim, Goat Sim 3, Songs of Conquest, Combat Champions, Tiny Tina's Wonderland, the Borderlands vn, Let's Sing (comes out every year), Hotwheels Unleashed (series), Ride (series), MotoGP (series), MXGP (series,) SBK (series), Monster Energy Supercross (series), MXvATV (series), Shadow Warrior 3, Evil West, Space Punks, Gloomhaven, WWZ: Aftermath, Dakar Rally, Redout, Evil Dead, the Crysis trilogy remasters, Arcana FS, Painkiller 1's later DLC, Spellforce 2: FD, This is the Police 1 and 2, Spellforce 3, Sine Mora, Baja: EC, Elex, Wreckfest, Jagged Alliance: Rage, Fade to Silence, Desperados 3, Titan Quest remake and new DLC, AquaNox, Kingdoms of Amalur remastered (and new DLC), Maneater, Chorus, Little Nightmares 2, Trek to Yomi, Biomutant, Deep Rock Galactic, Spongebob Rehydraded and Cosmic Shake, Mud Runner and Snow Runner, Darksiders Warmastered, Darksiders 3, Red Fraction: Re-Mars-tered, Risen, Risen 2, Kingdom Come, Metro Exodus, Saints Row (2022), and Dead Island 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Because it is a Devolver Digital published game that started before Flying Wild Hog aquisition...
I mean MS aquisitions doesn't block Deadloop or Ghostwire to come to PS 🤷‍♂️
Because the developer have to fullfill the contract.
Why are you talking about Playstation? All of their stuff comes to Playstation. Did you have a stroke? Should we call a doctor?