Embracer Group announces large-scale restructuring program including layoffs, studio closures, and game cancellations

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Some small news. The Saber Interactive guy has brought a million additional shares. FWIW, Saber is probably the best run group among Embracer's console game units, they're one of the ones I'd keep if they start shedding and merging units.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
We have our first leaked studio closure. Sounds like they started giving the word months ago but have been letting people wrap things up.

Its Campfire Cabal, who Embracer had spun off from Logic Artists last year (and LA, itself, has since closed and reformed as Dynasty Studios in non-Embracer related news.) They have yet to actually produce a game in that time but were working on a "narrative RPG". FWIW, I had pegged these guys to survive since they were such a new creation but it was not to be.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
17 Jun 2023
pF8LNdmMg9u8bv4YUk_xAQ.png

This was a given with the story about the Saudi deal falling through and all… now jobs will be lost, but the execs will be fine.

Seeing this, is it wrong of me to want to see Microsoft fumble some more with their acquired 3rd party pubs/devs that now have become 1st party?… or… are they too big to fail?

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters