EU regulators will reportedly clear Microsoft’s Activision acquisition next week

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

The European Commission will reportedly approve Microsoft’s $69 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard next week.

That’s according to Reuters sources, who claim May 15 is the likeliest date that EU antitrust regulators will announce the decision.

The European Commission has confirmed plans to publish its verdict by May 22, and it has previously been claimed that Microsoft’s willingness to offer game licensing deals to rivals is likely to address its antitrust concerns.

Update to post:
Going trough the sources rabbit hole here is where you end up:
Something extremely weak from 2 months ago. Absolutely nothing new or major here.
Credit @Nhomnhom

Last edited by a moderator:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Weak regulators clowns

Ha Ha Lol GIF by Major League Soccer

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I remember seeing a video with the head of the European Commission giving an interview basically implying that she thinks the CMA and EU are going to have different rulings on this case. Would be funny if Sony appealed the EU while MS tries to appeal the cma. There's also the wildcard that is China's regulators.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
CMA was reportedly going to clear it too.

Xbox is dead anyway, if they want to drag ABK with them so be it, nothing of value would be lost. I can only imagine all the trash that Phil Spencer will produce when put in charge of ABK. The only sad part is MS becoming more relevant in the gaming space, nothing good can come out of it.

MS getting involved in these legal battles with regulators is a good thing and they already have two in front of them.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Looks like this deal is a 50/50 now of getting passed. Remember people it ain't over till its officially over so don't count MS out yet. If i were Sony i would start increasing the amount of money for acquisitions and start looking to buy pubs now.
The deal is dead Firefly. They can't move forward without the CMA or FTC and that has been shut down in both places. 2 vs 1.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Going trought the sources rabbit hole here is where you end up:

Something extremely weak from 2 months ago. Absolutely nothing new or major here.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Looks like this deal is a 50/50 now of getting passed. Remember people it ain't over till its officially over so don't count MS out yet. If i were Sony i would start increasing the amount of money for acquisitions and start looking to buy pubs now.
Sony s run be conservative idiots. I doubt they ll buy any1.

Lets be honest. If there wasnt competition from ms they d still have like 4 studios producing in bouse games. They absolutely need competition whatever from ms or some1 else.

Reactions: Puff

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The deal is dead guys. No one will allow such merger. Approving this is like opening a can of worms. The effect will spread to all industries and regulators won't be able to regulate anything. If they allow this deal, then there is no deal that they can block in the future. Regulators will lose ever appeal and will be suied and destroyed by companies that want to merge.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - EU antitrust regulators are set to approve Microsoft Corp's $69 billion acquisition of Activision next week, with May 15 as the likeliest date, people familiar with the matter said. The European Commission's imminent clearance comes nearly three weeks after the UK competition authority blocked the deal, the biggest-ever deal in gaming, over concerns it would hinder competition in cloud gaming. The EU antitrust enforcer is expected to clear the acquisition after Microsoft agreed to licensing deals with cloud streaming rivals including Nvidia, Ukraine's Boosteroid and Japan's Ubitus, other people with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters in March.
Tick Tock, Sony. Tick Tock.
tick-tock-jason-mantzoukas.gif

Quick get @Sleepy Brown this will light a false fire of hope up his ass 😂😂😂🔥
Wait and see.
Watch and learn.