[Europe] PS5 sales are up 202% compared with the year before, Switch #2 (down 11%) and Xbox #3 (down 32%)

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Oh man, remember that time Nintendo wouldn't let Sonic on their console? This isn't how stuff works, man. Also, Halo and Gears are far from dead. I don't know where you get the Gears thing from, specifically, its the only thing Microsoft actually still makes anymore.
Gears 5 was a colossal failure. It sold terribly and Rod was shitcanned shortly after its release.

Gears 4 and 5 are pretty universally panned, actually. Even Cliff Blezinski has spoke about how disappointing they were. Must suck for him to see his creation mismanaged to this point.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
the xbox brand is looking like all the slops and backwash from the industry molded into one giant ball of unsaleable sludge.
Savage Af GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
nobody's going to come in and save xbox. The brand just doesn't have any value. especially with halo and gears being dead now. Disney has their own problems nowadays.

They could sell IP, probably a large chunk of them will go to embracer. Halo being one of them.

If i were Sony i wouldn't even let the eventual multiplatform forza on the console. why eat into GT7's share by allowing forza? not a smart idea.

Bethesda has some value as a multiplatform publisher, but even then, they've come off a string of flops (doom eternal, fallout 76, evil within 2, wolfenstein, and hi fi rush all flopped) so i'm not sure what to do with them either.

the xbox brand is looking like all the slops and backwash from the industry molded into one giant ball of unsaleable sludge.
In the same way that Nintendo and Sony welcomed Sega and Microsoft games when they became 3rd party multiplatform publishers, they'd do it with any additional big IPs turned multi because it means more 'free' revenue/profit for them and less exclusive stuff for the competition.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
New narrative that xbox facing shortages, that's why numbers falling 🤡

Absolutely

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
New narrative that xbox facing shortages, that's why numbers falling 🤡
Series X is artificially constrained due to the shared wafer for APU production, which leads to the retail channel being stuffed to the gills with Series S that nobody buys. Combine that with the fact that the wafer is 6 S to 2 X chips, and there was already a huge imbalance, but with S being a dud, they can’t justify cranking out wafers if 6 from every wafer aren’t going to be used for a long time, if ever.

MS really fucked up in every possible way this generation.

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Oh man, remember that time Nintendo wouldn't let Sonic on their console? This isn't how stuff works, man. Also, Halo and Gears are far from dead. I don't know where you get the Gears thing from, specifically, its the only thing Microsoft actually still makes anymore.

Good point, if MSFT ever went fully 3rd party and left hardware behind, then if Sony is allowing one game on, they should allow everything on.
Unless it's something that breaks some type of rule or standard.

But I don't think Sony would stop Forza from being on PSN.

GT will still be the standard bearer for the platform and it would give people options other than Assetto Corsa etc. The releases are also becoming further and further apart, so they might not even affect each other at all.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 4.52.33 PM.png

In Stock on BestBuy US, what's the issue?

-lack of good exclusives
-not seen as premium as the PS5
-Forza's an old game no one wants and free on gamepass anyways (Same old problems, no good exclusives, and gamepass cannibalizing sales).

feels like we always end up talking in circles with this thing. It's clear what the problems are and why no one wants one.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
View attachment 539

In Stock on BestBuy US, what's the issue?

-lack of good exclusives
-not seen as premium as the PS5
-Forza's an old game no one wants and free on gamepass anyways (Same old problems, no good exclusives, and gamepass cannibalizing sales).

feels like we always end up talking in circles with this thing. It's clear what the problems are and why no one wants one.
Being in stock on Best Buy online is interesting if it isn’t in stock in stores for them. They often have things available on the web that they don’t move enough of in brick and mortar to make it worth the costs to ship and hold in stock.

If that is the case for Series X, that indicates a fatal lack of demand.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Being in stock on Best Buy online is interesting if it isn’t in stock in stores for them. They often have things available on the web that they don’t move enough of in brick and mortar to make it worth the costs to ship and hold in stock.

If that is the case for Series X, that indicates a fatal lack of demand.
well yeah, series X is in no man's land right now. If consumers wanted the premium high fidelity console they'd go PS5.

Xbox's bread and butter is in a low priced, low spec console that is used for the games subsidy program (gamepass).

Fidelity really doesn't matter to 99% of xbox owners. It's a rocket League/fortnite/ROBLOX machine.