European Annual Report: PS5 +177% Video game sales up 1.7% in Europe during 2023 |

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We are in a recession on a per capita basis, we have been so for years now.

Recessions are natural parts of the capitalist system. They are needed for markets to correct themselves.
The U.S. Is not currently in a recession as I stated

"According to the NBER's definition of recession—a significant decline in economic activity that is spread across the economy and that lasts more than a few months—we were not in a recession in 2022 and we still aren't now.Oct 26, 2023"

Either way it's irrelevant my point still stands whether we are in one or not.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

"According to the NBER's definition of recession—a significant decline in economic activity that is spread across the economy and that lasts more than a few months—we were not in a recession in 2022 and we still aren't now.Oct 26, 2023"

To be specific, I always heard that the period of recession is 2 quarters in a row instead of "a few months".

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
To be specific, I always heard that the period of recession is 2 quarters in a row instead of "a few months".
Yes and United States at least hasn't been in a recession in either year whether it be 2022/2023 where there was growth. Its factual.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Wages in real terms have been stagnant for decades now while the cost of living has absolutely sky-rocketed.

I don't think the world ever truly recovered from the 2008 GFC

Reactions: Gamernyc78

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Wages in real terms have been stagnant for decades now while the cost of living has absolutely sky-rocketed.

I don't think the world ever truly recovered from the 2008 GFC
Common you and me people no
But the shareholders and stock market yes

We're absolutely living in a huge bubble right now though

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
According to GSD, PS4 hardware sales across Europe in 2023 also rose 671% year-on-year following the easing of supply issues that hampered sales in 2022.

In contrast, Xbox Series X/S console sales were down nearly 18% year-on-year, although they were still higher than sales of the decade-old PS4.

182 million PC and console games were sold in total across Europe last year, which was up 1.7% compared to 2022.

PC was the largest platform for game sales, followed by PS5, Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox Series X/S. Of these platforms, only Switch and PS4 saw a decline in software sales compared to the previous year.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well that is true every year 🤷‍♂️

Maybe I will be impressed by "more PS games sold in Europe last year than Xbox the whole generation" :D