European Monthly Charts November 2023 | PS5 #1 +376% YOY, Switch #2 -35% YOY and Xbox series S/X #3 -26% YOY

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So for November 2023

US : 1.050.000 (NPD/Circana)
JP : 275.000 (Famitsu)
Euro : 1.218.000 (GSD, without Germany)
UK : 240.000 (GFK)

Total of the PS5 with those markets : 2.783.000
Did euro only sell 260k last november?

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Not the biggest of markets but PS5 completely obliterated the Series console in Brazil as well. We were seen as a good market for Gamepass and it was pushed hard here and but in the end PS5 came out on top with a huge market.

I love walking into a store that sells games and getting the feeling Xbox doesn't even exist, it just feels right.

TerraNova

26 Apr 2023
that's all folks profile GIF

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
There was an outright data leak of PS5 & Xbox Series sales for June - November (and IIRC, December) NPD 2022. So people are using those numbers and weighing the new percentages against them.

For ROTW (non-US), a lot of markets actually still put out numbers directly so percentages are being weighed against them.
Verified (by whom) and trusted (of whom) data leak? Not trying to be contrarian or anything - just the process of verification aka asking questions. I don't necessarily think it's a big deal for these discussions but empirically speaking, and when talking with a serious tone, you do need a lot of verification, and not just take for granted whatever is fed cause this dude trusts this guy that trusts this guy, that leaked this data, who supposedly should be trusted cause this guy trusts him, cause this one time he was right, and so henceforth we should always trust. I think a healthy dose of skepticism and caution is always good and proper with any data discussion in the absence of direct hard data. That is to say, if that user on that other forum feels like he's not comfortable trusting the numbers or taking them as the end-all of the discussion he has all the right to that opinion, not just because it's his opinion but because there is sound logic behind such stance and he's not "out there" for having it, despite whatever fanboy and agenda motivation he may try to mask with said opinion. I guess if he's a proven selective twat aka a known hypocrite (with receipts in tow) then sure, that could change the verdict on the fake act. Just my observation.

Last edited:
  • Peachy
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Verified (by whom) and trusted (of whom) data leak? Not trying to be contrarian or anything. I don't necessarily think it's a big deal for these discussions but empirically speaking, and when talking with a serious tone, you do need a lot of verification, and not just take for granted whatever is fed cause this dude trusts this guy that trusts this guy, that leaked this data, who supposedly should be trusted cause this guy trusts him, cause this time his was right, and so henceforth we should always trust. I think a healthy dose of skepticism and caution is always good and proper with any data discussion. That is to say, if that user on that other forum feels like he's not comfortable trusting the numbers he has all the right to that opinion and he's not "out there" for having it, despite whatever fanboy and agenda motivation may be leading said opinion.
I hope you see this. thicc seems to be talking about US sales.

The European sales are unimpeachable. The numbers come straight from the sales tracker; as do the variables people used to solve for sales this year.

Bertraud Fatshit from Flubforum 7 was trying to cast doubt on the combination of the sales tracker's numbers and the concept of algebra.

Do you see why that deserves disdain and mockery?

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022

The European sales are impeachable. The numbers come straight from the sales tracker; as do the variables people used to solve for sales this year.

Bertraud Fatshit from Flubforum 7 was trying to cast doubt on the combination of the sales tracker's numbers and the concept of algebra.

I'm sure we're more than likely dealing with an agenda driven fanboy and selective hypocrite (just by law of averages alone) but just trying to make the case for healthy skepticism. The whole basis of why he's supposedly wrong rests on the veracity and accuracy of the hard data "leak" from previous years and how much trust is given to that as well as the source doing the leaking. The math is not the problem, it's a basic equation.

I would be more comfortable with MS Gaming financials if they weren't cooked up by MS. Just like I take Sony's financials as the ultimate hard-data source for PlayStation - the numbers are clear and concise. All these outfits more or less can suck my dick - they're glorified intermediary data merchants. Sure they fill a market niche and are useful but still - when you can go directly to the real source, you don't need them as much. Private companies like Valve do present a problem, as well as bsing companies like MS.... hence the market niche.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm sure we're more than likely dealing with an agenda driven fanboy and selective hypocrite but just trying to make the case for healthy skepticism. The whole basis of why he's supposedly wrong rests on the veracity of the hard data "leak" from previous years and how much trust is given to that.
I don't know if you're glossing over my posts.

There is no leak. The sales tracker for Europe explicitly stated the total hardware numbers in an article about sales for November 2023 and 2022. They gave us percentage increases for each console and the Switch = 2 * PS5 variable for November 2022. Using that, you can mathematically solve for the numbers posted here.

Bertraud tried to say "no one knows 2021 numbers so oh well maybe Xbox rules" but 2021 numbers do not factor into the fact that Xbox sold 54k in Europe in 2023. That is a stone cold fact (with a small margin of error :) )

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I don't know if you're glossing over my posts.

There is no leak. The sales tracker for Europe explicitly stated the total hardware numbers in an article about sales for November 2023 and 2022. They gave us percentage increases for each console and the Switch = 2 * PS5 variable for November 2022. Using that, you can mathematically solve for the numbers posted here.

Bertraud tried to say "no one knows 2021 numbers so oh well maybe Xbox rules" but 2021 numbers do not factor into the fact that Xbox sold 54k in Europe in 2023. That is a stone cold fact (with a small margin of error :) )
Link to tracker with explicit total hardware numbers for 2022?

• Peachy

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Link to tracker with explicit total hardware numbers for 2022?

Nintendo Switch still no.1, but Xbox and PlayStation grow

Across tracked European markets, 690,000 games consoles were sold in November, according to GSD. It's a drop of more than 21% over the year before.

Nevertheless, Switch was comfortably the No.1 selling console across Europe, with more than double the sales of second place: Sony's PlayStation 5.

Both PS5 (up 49%) and Xbox Series S and X (up 22%) had a bigger November this year than the year before.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022

So I'm assuming the breakdown for November 2022 was based on extrapolation of 2021 explicit splits? Absent an explicit split for 2022?

All you need is the Nintendo explicit split or, a labyrinth going back years until you get a proper explicit split number for any of the 3 platforms - and then each year work the numbers on an estimate basis, or a "trusted" leak. Eventually if you do enough permutations, the margin for error will increase exponentially. At some point you need a "leak" to confirm the results over a span of several years, a "trusted" leak at that, just for the sake of consistency.

Much better to just stick to hard-data Sony financials for example, even if they do leave out regional breakdown on each financial release, and only do so once in a while.

Regardless all of this is inconsequential.

Last edited:
  • Peachy

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
So I'm assuming the breakdown for November 2022 was based on extrapolation of 2021 explicit splits? Absent an explicit split for 2022?

All you need is the Nintendo explicit split or, a labyrinth going back years until you get a proper explicit split number for any of the 3 platforms, or a "trusted" leak.
Fucking hell man, I give up. Go read my posts, or learn algebra.

x + y + z = 690
0.65x + 4.76y + 0.74z = 1300
x >= 2y

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
so is it 1,218,000 including germany? where did that number come from
I made the mistake of counting the UK twice.

We don't have any data for Germany, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more or less the same as UK.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Fucking hell man, I give up. Go read my posts, or learn algebra.

x + y + z = 690
0.65x + 4.76y + 0.74z = 1300
x >= 2y
You're correct. For some reason I thought we did not have explicit 2023 hardware totals (didn't read the article). Although there are ways to get there too, provided how much info you get. Thus if going blind on that, you gotta base it on splits or other info to get you across the hump.

Yes, that user is bullshitting if he takes these exercises seriously anyway aka flip flop. You should not get worked up on this, this is the process of proving your stance on something, and it's why it should be done. Agenda fanboys are a dime a dozen, eventually they let it slip - specially console war oriented. I guess you do get the kick of watching them slip and squirm when they do - natural satisfaction you could say for dishonest bsers.

Last edited:
  • Shake

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So where did the 2019-2020 narrative that Xbox would be more competitive this gen go? It's looking like majority of these enthusiast forums were dead wrong, as I suspected. You cannot close the gap on PlayStation, a brand that's essentially become the standard video game console over the past 10 years.
Well most of us pointed around launch that the situation was worse than what they had with Xbox One 🤷‍♂️

But it was “countered” by “the buzz word is the best ever for a Xbox console” lol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: FIREK2029

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

PS5 sold 15,000 units in Spain from 4/12/2023 to 10/12/23​

Reeee rumor/info

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

The European sales are impeachable. The numbers come straight from the sales tracker; as do the variables people used to solve for sales this year.

*unimpeachable

• they're_right_you_know