Exclusive Leak: Returnal PC footage - options / customization etc. Video

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It's a 2 year old game coming to PC. The only thing these releases achieve is the devaluing of the PS hardware. Most copies will be pirated and they'll make like 30M in sales if that, while paying a hefty sum to Steam.

And yeah, we can count next showcase to have plenty of PC ports and kiddie... sorry, online multiplayer crap.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Some things but not everything. Also, the restarting is based on the first three worlds and then the last three worlds. Would be better if it was each individual world. Weapon wise, I had an awesome assault rifle and boom, I died and it was gone. I wasn't happy to say the least. :mad::cry:

Edit

DoesntMatter

28 Sep 2022
It's a 2 year old game coming to PC. The only thing these releases achieve is the devaluing of the PS hardware. Most copies will be pirated and they'll make like 30M in sales if that, while paying a hefty sum to Steam.

And yeah, we can count next showcase to have plenty of PC ports and kiddie... sorry, online multiplayer crap.
better than $0

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
This release sort of destroys your useless argument that a game is 8 yrs old right? Can you finally admit that the release window is shortening?
We know TLOU won't be released this FY, but other than that we don't know when it's going to be released. If it gets released the next FY, it will be released around 10 years after its original release.

We know Returnal won't be released this FY. If it ends released on PC and if it gets released early next FY, it would be around 2 years after its original release. This wouldn't mean shortening release window, Days Gone was released around 2 years after its original release. In any case having a Returnal PC port in development, or ready to be released doesn't mean they'll release it soon. They may keep it in the fridge until they consider it's the time to release it according to their strategy.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Anonymous leak, they sent it to me and deleted their profile after. Said they will do the same again if they have more to leak.

88fxKE.gif

Telll them to send me Silent Hill stuff, i always wanted to leak stuff too 😏

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

DoesntMatter

28 Sep 2022
Devaluing your brand is worth way more than 30M. Ask Apple, they'd know.
not really devaluing when ps5's and their games are still selling gangbusters, pc is a market that doesn't compete with consoles, not everyone is gonna be spending so much money on a pc just to play games.
$30 million is better than $0, i know this as someone who literally majored in business lol.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
not really devaluing when ps5's and their games are still selling gangbusters, pc is a market that doesn't compete with consoles, not everyone is gonna be spending so much money on a pc just to play games.
$30 million is better than $0, i know this as someone who literally majored in business lol.

Short term gains must be weighted against long term implications and intangibles.... such as goodwill, fanbase, loyalty etc.

I have seen many loyal and long time customers move away to PC either making PC a primary gaming device or now using PC for most of their 3rd party games as it is so much cheaper at launch (eg F1 2022 was 60 on steam and 80 euro on PS5 at launch).

The impact of these moves will only be felt towards the tail end of the generation as it lowers the ceiling....

It is endemic to the way JimRyan and the new PS regime seem to do business..... short term profits first.....brand value, loyalty, growth last.

His focus on GAAS is another glimpse into somebody who doesn't understand the audience that has been cultivated by PlayStation for decades.

P

peter42O

Oh bro, I would love that but I just hope they leave the PC stuff for a blog post....

It kills the flow of an event to have them in it.

You're going to get a bunch of PC ports and live service online co-op/multi-player games and you'll like it!!!! lol

Just kidding by the way. :)

• sad
Reactions: Bryank75