• Xbox One (Jul 14, 2023)
Trailers:
Publisher: Capcom

Review Aggregator:

OpenCritic - NA

MetaCritic - NA

Critic Reviews​

Press Start - James Mitchell - 8 / 10
Exoprimal earnestly attempts to bring together engaging single-player style encounters that Capcom is known for with an unexpectedly solid multiplayer offering reminiscent of games like Lost Planet. It's a joy to play and a great melding of PvP and PvE elements. While it's a shame that what it has to offer is dealt to players so opaquely, Exoprimal is a pleasant surprise that's well worth a look and not to be underestimated.
The Beta Network - Anthony Culinas - 6 / 10
While it does contain some satisfying combat and runs remarkably well online for PC, Exoprimal’s repetitive gameplay loop starts to lose steam quicker than green grass through a goose.
XboxEra - Jesse Norris - 7.5 / 10
Exoprimal is a solid foundation. What is here now will be fun for a month or two, and Capcom will need to show that they can back up what sounds like a solid live service plan. It is available for $60 or on Game Pass for both console and PC. Solo or with friends it is a hell of a lot of fun, and an easy recommendation to at least give it a try.
Gamereactor UK - 6.0/10.0
Exoprimal is by no means a terrible game, but it just doesn't reach the heights that you'd expect when you hear about its premise. It's a mixed bag, but if you are looking for a new multiplayer experience and can withstand the Dino Survival mode, perhaps it's the game for you
GameGrin - 6.5/10.0
As a whole package, I found myself having fun with Exoprimal, but the harsh lack of content and weak progression systems really hold it back. It has potential, and maybe a fantastic game later on, but right now it's difficult to justify the price tag.
Finger Guns - 7.0/10.0
Held up by its superb class system and the intrinsic elation that comes with melting prehistoric lizards with a railgun, Exoprimal is unfortunately let down by a lacklustre story offering, anemic number of modes and a question over its longevity. While those drawbacks will put some people off, those fond of firing a grenade right up a Stegosaurus’ hide will be laughing long into their dozens of hours of playtime.
Eurogamer Germany - 8.0/10.0
Exoprimal is a relaxed cooperative PvE action that generates a lot of momentum through indirect competition with an opposing team. Especially when you coordinate with up to four friends, it's surprisingly entertaining - much more entertaining than the pictures and videos with thousands of dinosaurs in front of rather functional backdrops would sugges

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Surprised the Xbox sock pupet at Xera didn't give it a 10. It's a GP title after all.

Might have tried it if it didn't require a Capcom account. I'm tired of having an account for each of the publishers, on top of the one I have to have for PS and Xbox.

Anyway, maybe one of these days Capcom will give us a proper Dino Crisis and revive their old series like Onimusha or RE Outbreak. Until then, we'll have a sea of halfed-assed garbage like this and RE verse to sift through.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Surprised the Xbox sock pupet at Xera didn't give it a 10. It's a GP title after all.

Might have tried it if it didn't require a Capcom account. I'm tired of having an account for each of the publishers, on top of the one I have to have for PS and Xbox.

Anyway, maybe one of these days Capcom will give us a proper Dino Crisis and revive their old series like Onimusha or RE Outbreak. Until then, we'll have a sea of halfed-assed garbage like this and RE verse to sift through.

Yeah, that's gonna be the annoying thing now.... Jim Ryan thinking that people being forced to sign into a PS account makes the PS platform stronger.

It's a moronic idea, something that really only inflates numbers in the short-term and can collapse as soon as a game falls from popularity.

Apple is so successful cause they focus on the hardware and build everything around it, the current Sony doesn't seem to want to do this, not like before anyway.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Seems like another publisher dumping a flopped GaaS on Gamepass. Too predictable at this point.

My only curiosity is how much MS is paying for these games, does not seem like something that would attract any new subscribers.

Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Gameplay impressions aren’t the worst from what I’ve seen. Just don’t think it’ll be played for more than 3 days.

Users are often excited about new games they play for free. So you’ll see a good amount of shilling for it. Perception on things is funny when you rate it as charity.

Dead game by next week this time… guaranteed

• they're_right_you_know

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
On the fairest rating system of all, steam reviews, the game sits at mixed so go figure.

I think we all had a bit of a gut feeling this would be the outcome.

Anyway, if Gamepass just becomes a dumping ground for unwanted 3rd party games, that's fine with me.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I think we all had a bit of a gut feeling this would be the outcome.

Anyway, if Gamepass just becomes a dumping ground for unwanted 3rd party games, that's fine with me.

Seeing how RE8 and SF6 sold on Xbox … Microsoft sorta needs to give publishers like Capcom a handout just to keep them porting their actual tentpole and aaa releases.

Gamepass creates an N64 situation where developing and releasing software on Series SuX is a huge risk. They will lose third party support… and thus having to buy a catalog of IPs and publishers.

They’re digging their own grave.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The game came out over 2 days ago from a major publisher and still no metacritic score. Only 1 review. Very fishy.

Any little hype was gone when it was announced on Game Pass. It was sent to die. DOA.

Reactions: Airbus

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Its not a bad game, but it's also not good. Playing with 3 friends. Thank fuck I didn't pay for it, this is the perfect Gamepass fodder game

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
I trust you more than any reviewer or online personality, so that pretty much seals the deal for me. What a pity...

Definitely an odd one coming from Capcom given there success lately.
Could be testing the waters for GaaS maybe?

This game will go free to play easily.

• brain

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This could of been a Dino Crisis title. Port, Remaster, Remake, Sequel etc etc. Whatever the budget on this was spent, could of been spent on Dino Crisis

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I can’t say I’d be excited for Dino Crisis but Jurassic Park is like bigger and dumber than ever so there’s something there…

Just seemed like an RE clone at the time to me. So did Onimusha really but it was different enough…

That other game they revealed… the one that swerves you into thinking it’s onimusha… now that one looks kinda incredible. I think it’s also an online game but that teaser kept things mysterious for now. Could be an rpg, could have rts elements … who knows

That’s this game (bad title tho)

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Definitely an odd one coming from Capcom given there success lately.
Could be testing the waters for GaaS maybe?

This game will go free to play easily.

I hope PlayStation are looking on and reconsidering some of their moves.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I wonder if they put particularly harsh review embargos on this stinker. That could be whats holding back the bigger outlets.