Exoprimal | Review Thread

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
You know Capcom of all companies wouldn’t announce a big game for gamepas if they thought it had any chance of succeeding on its own. Thats like them putting the next mainline Monster Hunter on gamepass

Reactions: arvfab

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
How does this game doesn't even get enough reviews for a score? This is a game that was featured on many events and fairly promoted not some obscure release.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
The game came out over 2 days ago from a major publisher and still no metacritic score. Only 1 review. Very fishy.

Any little hype was gone when it was announced on Game Pass. It was sent to die. DOA.
The future of entire gaming industry if xbox allowed to gobled up every single publishers out there

Turned into gamepass filler garbage

A new dino crisis game will probably look like this under their management

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I'm tired of having an account for each of the publishers, on top of the one I have to have for PS and Xbox.

Just wait until MS ruined everything, with every big publisher having their own cloud-only subscription service with exclusive content.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

It's funny how it always turns out this way for Gamepass, anything they hype either flops critically or hardly appeal to anyone.

These companies should hire me to tell them all their GaaS projects are going to be shit and bomb, I would be right about 99% of the time.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I don't think Microsoft can afford to keep dumping garbage on gamepass, it's already losing brand name and mindshare because of how bad it's gotten this year and last year.

Because free to play options exist and are already incredibly popular, you can't build a gaming service just by throwing a bunch of mid to low tier content on there.

• they're_right_you_know

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't think Microsoft can afford to keep dumping garbage on gamepass, it's already losing brand name and mindshare because of how bad it's gotten this year and last year.

Because free to play options exist and are already incredibly popular, you can't build a gaming service just by throwing a bunch of mid to low tier content on there.
They can afford anything, short of Starfield bombing.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They can afford anything, short of Starfield bombing.
No they can't. Not if they want gamepass to succeed.

I don't mean they can't eat the cost monetarily. I mean they can't afford to lose the opportunity cost of spinning up their whole gamepass strategy because they caught Sony slightly out of position, and if they have a big setback Sony will overtake them in that space. And we all know that Microsoft has no clue how to build a compelling product when they're behind the curve.

• brain

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
No they can't. Not if they want gamepass to succeed.

I don't mean they can't eat the cost monetarily. I mean they can't afford to lose the opportunity cost of spinning up their whole gamepass strategy because they caught Sony slightly out of position, and if they have a big setback Sony will overtake them in that space. And we all know that Microsoft has no clue how to build a compelling product when they're behind the curve.
They just want PlayStation to die, Gamepass has sucked for a long time, as in years,unless you are big into indies.

PS+ will already overtake Gamepass anyway, I don't think Gamepass will announce they are past 50m+ subscriber in a few months unless Gold was much bigger than I anticipated.

We are finally going to get a direct comparison between PS+ and Gamepass, all tiers accounted for (with Xbox having and extra PC tier and more focus on mobile/cloud).

The fact that MS decided to now copy PS+ tells the whole tale.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They just want PlayStation to die, Gamepass has sucked for a long time, as in years,unless you are big into indies.
They can't kill Playstation without gamepass succeeding. They need for buy2play to go away, and the way they're trying to do that is to have gamepass catch on and for people to stop paying for games. But PS+ already shows that while it does lower sales, it can still coexist with PS's current b2p model.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They can't kill Playstation without gamepass succeeding. They need for buy2play to go away, and the way they're trying to do that is to have gamepass catch on and for people to stop paying for games. But PS+ already shows that while it does lower sales, it can still coexist with PS's current b2p model.
I actually suspect MS ain't paying much for these Gamepass bombs, studios are dumping these games there for any money they can get. Gamepass is pretty weak as far as big third-party games even when compared to PS+.

MS adopted the Netflix strategy of focusing on producing their own content (took them only 20+ years and countless billions to figure that out), the illusion on MS generously paying third party devs for all games to be on Gamepass was always moronic. Killing the B2P market is how they kill PlayStation and Valve, right now they are either buying Sony partners or setting them to fail in the future and become dependent of MS handouts (Sega is the best example of this).

• sad

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I actually suspect MS ain't paying much for these Gamepass bombs, studios are dumping these games there for any money they can get. Gamepass is pretty weak as far as big third-party games even when compared to PS+.
I'm not saying they can't afford to spend a lot of money. I'm saying they can't afford the reputation loss of throwing whatever they can get their hands on on gamepass.

Having a big game that's hyped like Starfield go on gamepass = makes brand stronger
Having a ton of garbage ass "AAA" games like Exoprimal = makes brand weaker

Sony's current brand strategy is having premium games, the best looking games that money can buy, and promotional agreements with as many of the big name games they can afford (CoD, Hogwarts, etc).

People largely don't want a buffet of shitty cheap games. The value proposition of gamepass has always been "look, day one games, and we own a bunch of studios that have put out good games before so you know they're coming" - but if they put mid trash on there, that damages the perception of what gamepass is. And imo that's why gamepass has stalled. It's largely been trash unless you like the few good-great indies they put on there.

• brain

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'm not saying they can't afford to spend a lot of money. I'm saying they can't afford the reputation loss of throwing whatever they can get their hands on on gamepass.

Having a big game that's hyped like Starfield go on gamepass = makes brand stronger
Having a ton of garbage ass "AAA" games like Exoprimal = makes brand weaker

Sony's current brand strategy is having premium games, the best looking games that money can buy, and promotional agreements with as many of the big name games they can afford (CoD, Hogwarts, etc).

People largely don't want a buffet of shitty cheap games. The value proposition of gamepass has always been "look, day one games, and we own a bunch of studios that have put out good games before so you know they're coming" - but if they put mid trash on there, that damages the perception of what gamepass is. And imo that's why gamepass has stalled. It's largely been trash unless you like the few good-great indies they put on there.
They afforded the reputation loss of running Xbox for 20+ years.

Netflix proves that there is some sense in MS strategy of quantity over quality. The end product is shit but people mostly don't care if they are properly conditioned. People massively lower their standards if they think they are getting good value.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Right, and it did jack squat to kill playstation
Both are still hanging around and they just bought Bethesda and ABK. This new MS is not the same old one that had nothing going on for them, now they are clearly willing to outspend and outbleed the competition.

• angry

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Both are still hanging around and they just bought Bethesda and ABK. This new MS is not the same old one that had nothing going on for them, now they are clearly willing to outspend and outbleed the competition.
Sure, I think that's a big risk. If they start putting big AAAs like CoD, Diablo, Starcraft, etc on gamepass it will certainly boost its appeal. I'm just saying that throwing shit like Exoprimal on gamepass isn't doing it any favors.