False information, Clickbait Journalism & Popular Misconceptions

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I doubt he's being paid at all in anything other than some access and sundry other occasional perks. None of which is actually illegal. Unethical? Sure. Illegal? No.

Besides, never pay someone to do something you can get them to do for free. And keep in mind, before he came to The Verge, he'd started a Microsoft-centric news site.
for sure he is getting paid. you can't lie for years and still have a job. he is for sure is protected.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Warren seems like the type to skew his reporting just to stay on the Microsoft media email list. No payment necessary.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
He is being objective. Well of course he does prefer Microsoft but he is not bad as Tom Warren.Bots are coming for him. They don’t like how he does speak about these things.

@Bryank75 What’s your thought about Derek Strickland?

I think he seems like a decent guy, sometimes I get the feeling that he leans Xbox or that his publication does but he mostly keeps it straight and that's the best you can expect from anyone. IMO

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
So I stumbled upon this reddit post yesterday about Tom Warren attempting to defend Xbox Series S's lack of power trying to claim it wont hold games back

We now know that is false. A bunch of devs have come out saying XSS is a hindrance, most recently the developers of Baldur's Gate 3 with the game actually having to be delayed on Xbox if it comes out at all because of the XSSs lack of power

He even tries to go as far as to make claims that the PS5 will be the one causing issues. We know that is false as Baldur's Gate 3 releases on PS5 in September

Tom Warren is 100% being paid by Microsoft to do this shit and not disclose it. Is this not illegal to do? How has no one investigated these obviously paid astroturfer that do not disclose this information. There must be someone we can contact that will look into this an open a case. If anyone has such information please let me know. It has gone on for way too long.

As you can see in that shithole of a comment section this false information they spread through their astroturfers is very harmful and are indirect lies by Microsoft. This has to be against some law.

He's clearly spreading misinfo, and he's got a sizeable twitter following. If you can peg him as an influencer, you could nail him with laws that require them to state whether they're receiving payment for mentions, marketing or promotions.

Tom Warren absolutely needs to be muzzled and neutered. He's a rabid mutt whose rabies have been allowed to infect the community for too long.

Reactions: Eggman

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Am I the only one sick of all the SJW bullshit polluting GI.biz's front page? I swear for every 2 articles about games there's one about feminism or diversity.

And yes, this was prompted by today's menstral leave article.

Last edited:
Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Ryan McCaffrey is such a piece of shit Microsoft shill. Look at this tweet from today

I can't emphasis enough how ironic that is coming from one of the biggest Xbox fanatics on the internet.

Remember when IGN posted a meme on Twitter about Xbox not having GoW or much exclusives and he lost his mind and forced them to take it down and apologized to Xbox and Xbox fans.

And got replies from his handler Aaron Greenberg

Probably not even the most pathetic thing he's done on behalf of Xbox

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Ryan McCaffrey is such a piece of shit Microsoft shill. Look at this tweet from today

I can't emphasis enough how ironic that is coming from one of the biggest Xbox fanatics on the internet.

Remember when IGN posted a meme on Twitter about Xbox not having GoW or much exclusives and he lost his mind and forced them to take it down and apologized to Xbox and Xbox fans.

Imagine hypocrisy writing about PSVR2 and their games, while supporting garbage xbox with no games
Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Reactions: Eggman and PS_ROCKS

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

So they are basically not hiding that they are curating the news to be positive to Xbox and cutting out any negative opinions or reports....

It's so disgusting that they can get away with this shit. It's gone beyond bias now, it's just that media has sold out.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So they are basically not hiding that they are curating the news to be positive to Xbox and cutting out any negative opinions or reports....

It's so disgusting that they can get away with this shit. It's gone beyond bias now, it's just that media has sold out.
Always has been. There was only a brief window of a few decades when the news was good, and even then they were often propaganda.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Anything that Takashi Michozuki posts should have a disclaimer under it on Twitter, explaining his long record of attacking and undermining Sony at every turn. Spinning news to be as negative as possible...

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
So I just stumbled on this

The guy is spreading misinformation and basically says the Portal doesn't have an audio jack which it does... He even shows a fucking screenshot of a tweet from the Microsoft shill Tom Warren bashing the device.

While bluetooth would be great it often introduced audio latency in gaming. Regardless anyone can use wired headphones or headset.

And he compares it to apple phones having no audio jack... Unbelievable

Add another point for Microsoft astroturfing

Edit: He also does a follow up tweet later (probably after he realized his mistake about the headphone jack to save face) but then the tweet suggested it only works in your home with the PS5 when you can actually remote play from anywhere in the world as long as you're on wifi

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So I just stumbled on this

The guy is spreading misinformation and basically says the Portal doesn't have an audio jack which it does... He even shows a fucking screenshot of a tweet from the Microsoft shill Tom Warren bashing the device.

While bluetooth would be great it often introduced audio latency in gaming. Regardless anyone can use wired headphones or headset.

And he compares it to apple phones having no audio jack... Unbelievable

Add another point for Microsoft astroturfing

Edit: He also does a follow up tweet later (probably after he realized his mistake about the headphone jack to save face) but then the tweet suggested it only works in your home with the PS5 when you can actually remote play from anywhere in the world as long as you're on wifi

that dude is a pretty big youtuber. shame that sony doesn't put any effort into their messaging and marketing.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Look who from IGN got to interview Phil Spencer, another Microsoft shill Destin Legarie. Interviewing his secondary employer for his part time job as an Xbox shill I guess

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Cheques being hand delivered.

Lmao in one of their submissions to regulators MS even named Digital Foundry as an unbiased independent entity that could verify they weren't purposefully degrading the COD experience on PS. I mean the fucking gall of these cunts. Sackler level evil with a slightly lower kill count